sanitizing/disinfecting

Rick J

Name
rick Jones
OMG !!! in today's email!!! company selling a "mister/ nebulizer" just a renamed spotter :biggrin:

maybe with a different tip on a spray wand.!!! LOL
Yeah right , I'll take a few.

Off the subject, but for a reputable supplier to market something like, in that way, that to a group who would know better is sort of laughable.
To me, it makes them look bad.

I do have one of their products. 2 speed rotary

Rick J

Name
rick Jones
Local company is advertising their services. Sanitizing areas of course. Shows their people wiping down with wipes and fogging. All of them outfitted in Tyvek suits. Saying the treatment lasts for 90 days up to

• Eyeroll
Reactions: Kenny Hayes

Rick J

Name
rick Jones
Uv light kills right?

Can I take this in and point it around and claim sanitation? LOL. This was a Mikey approved light by the way must be good.

20200515_231954.jpg

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
Local company is advertising their services. Sanitizing areas of course. Shows their people wiping down with wipes and fogging. All of them outfitted in Tyvek suits. Saying the treatment lasts for 90 days up to
none of my clients get given any guarantee of any sort

the wipe down, if done properly is the most important part

they all ask for fogging as it looks impressive.. I do it more cause it smells nice..

*$%&@ smoke alarms

Reactions: Kenny Hayes

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
Of course in my situation it’s not my customers I’m having to convince one way or another. They’re trying to convince all of their #customers they’re being safe. Hell, I wouldn’t dare tell them it lasts 90 days!

Reactions: Rick J

Rick J

Name
rick Jones
UV-C, which is many times more dangerous than the more common UV-A or UV-B.
heck I thought I was being funny then you got all serious and went nerdy on me😊😊

but which is it that we use for urine detection and that I showed a picture of? LOL

I have a really old pile lifter back at the shop that has a UV light inside it that the dirt passes by as it goes into the bag.
Chemspec pile lifter

• Haha
Reactions: Lee Stockwell

Rick J

Name
rick Jones
When is Cobb Rolling out a UV-C contraption? Gotta strike while the iron is hot.
He has already missed the boat!!! lOL!
I ha been seeing ads as well as pop ups on my desktop for UV disinfecting units that go in your HVAC sysem:errf:

Reactions: Nomad74

mdc3

Name
Matt
Saw an interview a while back. One of the networks prime time, talking with an industry CEO of an airline.
Discussion just what we would expect. On the situation they are in along with all of us.
He was telling all they are doing to put the public at ease so they will fly .
One of their protocals is the spraying their planes with an electrostatic process. What I am wondering about,--- he said the treatment kill for 30 days. !!!!!!!!!!!!?? Can they tout that?
Yes if they use a bio-static agent after the disinfection

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
(
The snake oil word is for a product that mildly "inhibits" bacterial growth on cleaned surfaces.

Does Nothing, Nada, Zip, Zilch and less to affect a virus.

I’m spending a lot of time talking to people who understand organosilanes (the technology in question). Trying to get a straight answer is like dancing in Jello.

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
(

I’m spending a lot of time talking to people who understand organosilanes (the technology in question). Trying to get a straight answer is like dancing in Jello.
came up in my news feed, short on detail but looks interesting

could be more smoke and mirrors

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
came up in my news feed, short on detail but looks interesting

could be more smoke and mirrors

This looks very promising. It seems to be a new approach.

Organosilanes, on the other hand, primarily work on bacteria and fungi, and while there is some evidence that they may work on virus, the surface conditions must be extremely clean and the humidity just right for ongoing anti-viral properties.

I have worked with these materials since the mid 80’s in various forms. Based on what I have learned, including this week, I won’t be applying it in my home, office, and the homes of my loved ones. If I could be convinced it would work on virus, believe me I would.

I will remain open minded if I receive better data than I have to this point. The great thing about looking at things scientifically, is that new evidence is always welcome.

And at times like this, I want things that can help.

Wing It

Supportive Member
Name
John Wingfield
none of my clients get given any guarantee of any sort

the wipe down, if done properly is the most important part

they all ask for fogging as it looks impressive.. I do it more cause it smells nice..

*$%&@ smoke alarms
I am thinking of purchasing one of those airless paint sprayers for fogging. How do you keep smoke alarms from going off? How easy are they to set off when fogging?

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
I am thinking of purchasing one of those airless paint sprayers for fogging. How do you keep smoke alarms from going off? How easy are they to set off when fogging?
real easy to set off if you're not worried about them

most commercial places will be monitored or have a master control panel

you don't want to turn off at the panel, and find it's still monitored and they send a crew or tech to check why system went down

*I try and avoid them regardless, but fog drifts easily
**you also dont want to turn off at the panel without realising the insurance implications

I thought I turned it back on...they have a fire

Last edited:
Reactions: Wing It

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Yet you see on TV the Chifckeness spraying everything even the streets....
Sneaky little basturds WILL. rule the world!

• Haha
Reactions: Rick J

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom