Sapphire Pro 1200 (again)

hogjowl

Idiot™
"With the all-new Pro-1200 SE, Sapphire Scientific gives you the performance of Sapphire’s top-selling truckmount in the convenience of a direct-drive system.

The new Pro-1200 SE was reengineered to deliver these breakthrough benefits:

The hottest van-powered direct-drive truckmount combines two engine coolant heat exchangers with Sapphire Scientific’s exclusive fin-tubed coil blower exhaust heat exchanger. This delivers continuous cleaning of 220+ degrees – no need to spend extra money on additional heat options.

Superior, quieter vacuum performance with 408 HeliFlow helical vacuum blower. Vacuum at 13 in. and flows up to 455 CFM."

SERIOUSLY? 13 inches of mercury?

Oh, and it seems they put a U joint on the shaft. Just another thing to fail.

Yeah, I know ... Bruder hates me.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
A u-joint could be replaced very quickly and inexpensively and gives plenty of notice when it is about to fail. I sometimes wonder how much longer my Pro1200 shaft will go as it hums along after 12 years and 10500 hours, but I worry more about my own cardiovascular system after 60 years. Which one will fail first? I hope it's that damn TM.

Reactions: kingjoelking

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
My understanding is Butler has a solid shaft?

What about the 13" of lift?

Too low for me.
I don't know nothin about no u-joint so I can't say what Sapphire is doing there, but I run mine at 15" and used to run it at 17" without a hickup (but the gas consumption was bothering me). I tried to run it at 20" and 2000 rpms but the belts started to make funny noises after an hour or so and the blower made wacky boggy weirdass sounds so I said turned it down to 15". The system can easily handle 15"of lift as the shaft is more robust than the one on a Butler.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I would rather have a U joint break than a shaft.

shaft....U-joint.....it does not matter...when you have a load on that thing and it lets go...all living hell is going to break loose and you had better bet your not near it.....

0417081628_zpsab0onenl.jpg

0417081616b_zps54byttkm.jpg

0417081627_zpseos4xay1.jpg

Mikey P

Administrator
lol..:icon_rolleyes:

Marty I'll bet you $62K that if you stuck your solid shaft in a 2" hose 100 feet from a 1200 set at 13" and then put what was left of said shaft into a hose set at 14"...you'd never be able to tell the difference.

"13" is too low for me"....dude...you need to stay off the porty forum.

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
We're talking about the "new" 1200 Art. Not yours.
Well, it's the same WM design unless they cheaped out on the drive shaft construction. Which I doubt. But I'll ask Tom at Modernistic. They sell them like donuts and run three dozen of them in their fleet of cleaning vans.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
....then Butler it is?????

Or the Cleanco installed by TCS, my 47 is set at 14 just like the manual says.

I couldn't expect more out of that workhorse. I will consider another when it's time.

...or Butler
...or Sapphire

If you like the Sapphire, crank that sucker up to 14 or 15 and enjoy your purchase!

Reactions: Mikey P

kingjoelking

Supportive Member
All of Saphires units are now suggested to be set at 13HG From the Rage to the 870. To my understanding they can all run up to 16 HG.

FredC

Village Idiot
That's a Cheif II, Fred.

Mikey mentioned the Cheif. It has a 45 blower.

It's good to see you know how to find www.truckmounts.com though.

Yes....I know exactly where not to go if I ever need anything.

overcharge me for some powermax...assholes

and I figured you would upgrade

Edit:

and the Chief is a 4m............@15"

still not 16

Last edited:

Ray Burnfield

Supportive Member
Name
Ray Burnfield
We can crank the valve down to get to 16hg.
But why? To make the wand harder to pull? Better for your body?
How much suction do you need.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
Marty I agree the 13 seems low but running the truck I will say it

and that 14" hg needs 20 brake horse power and the pump needs a cool 4-5 brake horse power at high-pressure cleaning.

so the question is - does that truckmount run a 29 horse power motor at 80 something percent load? i say 80 something as the is a small percentage of loss though transfer of power.

you should be dropping engines every 1500-2500 hours or less at that strain on the motor.

so i don't see why you think 13" is low, more like 13" is good and very safe to ensure long mechanical life and maintenance intervals.

you need to run this thing and try it as it may have the same 570 frame and other goodies but it has way more power being trasnfered to the blower and pump. also there is something special going on with how close the blower is to the waste tank and how it is connected.

you just have to feel it. i was initially impressed would love to actually use one on some jobs.

Reactions: Mikey P

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom