Sapphire Pro 1200 becomes the Summit PTS

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
How is the unit heating up the fuel pump? .....
We don't know but evidently SS figured out a way to do it. Maybe its the LED lights :winky:

Work on improving the dependability of the system SS not renaming it, or LED lights, or better photography or..............

Just make the unit and the recovery tank in conjunction with the fact that it has to co-exist with the van- work better. Less failures, less issues, less headaches. DEPENDABILITY!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: JS41035 and Chris A

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
We don't know but evidently SS figured out a way to do it. Maybe its the LED lights :winky:

Work on improving the dependability of the system SS not renaming it, or LED lights, or better photography or..............

Just make the unit and the tank in conjunction with the fact that it has to co-exist with the van- work better. Less failures, less issues, less headaches. DEPENDABILITY!!!
I'm not defending sapphire but it seems that I've been hearing of fuel pump issues in GM vans despite the type of cleaning unit.

Reactions: FB7777

Chris A

Name
Chris
Just make the unit and the tank in conjunction with the fact that it has to co-exist with the van- work better. Less failures, less issues, less headaches. DEPENDABILITY!!!

That's the number one reason people buy direct drives and should be the highest priority of anyone manufacturing them... Reliability

Reactions: Cleanworks

steve_64

How is the unit heating up the fuel pump? Is the blower exhaust directed at the fuel tank?
From the van running higher than idle but sitting still. Many of us run for hours that way and the motor and blower can heat the entire area around the van. When the gas warms up so does the fuel and the pump. Think of sitting on 110 degree concrete for hours.

Put the pump back on the engine without the electric motor. Make a louver kit for the hood that lets the heat out the top but keeps the water out. Make it a kit that you cut your hood and you install it.

That helps the wires and hoses under the hood last longer and the front end parts.

Reactions: SamIam

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
From the van running higher than idle but sitting still. Many of us run for hours that way and the motor and blower can heat the entire area around the van. When the gas warms up so does the fuel and the pump. Think of sitting on 110 degree concrete for hours.

Put the pump back on the engine without the electric motor. Make a louver kit for the hood that lets the heat out the top but keeps the water out. Make it a kit that you cut your hood and you install it.

That helps the wires and hoses under the hood last longer and the front end parts.
Putting the pump back on the engine will make it runner hotter. Pto's have been around since the 70's without having fuel pump issues. Cleancos, hydramasters, JEMs, Butlers, Aquatechs, etc. I think it's the van not the unit.

F

FB7777

Putting the pump back on the engine will make it runner hotter. Pto's have been around since the 70's without having fuel pump issues. Cleancos, hydramasters, JEMs, Butlers, Aquatechs, etc. I think it's the van not the unit.
I’ve been fortunate regarding the fuel pumps in my Butler’s Only had to replace it once in 12 years on my 2005

Only issue I had was on my 2000 van when my mechanic replaced the fuel pump with aftermarket the first time and failed inside of a month

OEM all the way

Name
Jeff T
My van just got out of the shop yesterday for a leaking power steering pump, and brake booster, and washer fluid motor, and stabilitrac sensors....
Sorry to say it, but American vehicles are garbage...
Love the Cleanco, but the Chev van is a piece of SHIT...

steve_64

The heat won't hurt the mechanical pump so much. When did gm make the switch to electric pumps in the gas tank. And does the blower exhaust blow under the gas tank. But most of all not runnig under half a tank of gas to help cool the pump. But that's an issue on slide ins too.

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
Can't run with the hood up if theres no hood..
Screenshot_20190919-153808_Trade Me.jpg

been told its the only major manufactered direct drive in the country, suppliers here refuse to have anything to do with direct drives

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
For whatever its worth and if memory serves me right (See Chavez!). The folks at Butler advise against working with the hood open.

Yes, Ron, it could as well be a van issue. But SS could spend more time on making their units more reliable and less on behind the grill artificial light. Regardless at what spectrum.
I agree whole heartedly.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Can't run with the hood up if theres no hood..
View attachment 93649

been told its the only major manufactered direct drive in the country, suppliers here refuse to have anything to do with direct drives
I'm jealous every time I see one of those. Are you listening Hydramaster? Petition your federal government to lift the chicken tax.

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I’ve been fortunate regarding the fuel pumps in my Butler’s Only had to replace it once in 12 years on my 2005

Only issue I had was on my 2000 van when my mechanic replaced the fuel pump with aftermarket the first time and failed inside of a month

OEM all the way

How many days in row do you run over 90 and 100 degrees??? You may live in a better climate for one!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom