Sapphire Pro 1200 becomes the Summit PTS

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
There is a class action suit regarding gm diesel fuel pumps and while searching I came across quite a few gas fuel pump failures. Also there were codes indicating that fuel injectors were faulty. If the blower exhaust is a problem, redirect it.

Reactions: Rob Grady

Mikey P

Administrator
Where's that horny beaner?

MVIMG_20190918_165341.jpg

F

FB7777

How many days in row do you run over 90 and 100 degrees??? You may live in a better climate for one!

Not many fortunately... they may happen once a twice per season

So is your theory that the fuel pump may be failing because of 10 or 20 degrees higher outside temperature?

Nomad74

Boy Sprout

So is your theory that the fuel pump may be failing because of 10 or 20 degrees higher outside temperature?
It gets a lot hotter than that when the TM exhaust is blasting out under the van. It will melt the 2" hose if it's in the way.

• Angry
Reactions: SamIam and FB7777

SamIam

Name
sam miller

Ambient temp, less shade sitting in a drive was where it sit 125 degrees.

Commuter vehicles sitting in traffic on freeways have more break downs too.

Second law of thermodynamics.

Cars are designed to move as part of the cooling.

Andy

Name
Doesn't Matter
They should put a fresh water tank in place of the recovery tank. If you ever need to clean out the recovery tank now it would be near impossible to do a thorough job. With the stainless steel coolant heat exchangers you better make sure that your softner bottle is well charged or that thing will plug up fast, not a lot of room for ANY buildup between plates.

Reactions: BIG WOOD
F

FB7777

JHC... it’s like they are building TMs for women...

When Maria finally decided on the house she wanted by the beach, I was scouring through all the closed recent building permits, new roof, heat/air system, siding , radon inspection, electrical etc...

She was sold on the new LED recessed lighting throughout, NEST climate automation and under counter lights

Pretty is one thing... but make DAMN sure she’s a runner!

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Yea?
Tell that to all the chrome fluffers, like Capitoni and all the guys detailing their first love (hint- their first love is parked in the garage) up the kazoo :winky:

Damn it, Jimmy. Fluff sells!

WILL THIS FINALLY RUN YOU OFF, LITTLE JIMMY?

1568934340725.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Cleanworks

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Oh good, now testosterone driven individuals can rent a slide in from Sun Belt.

Great!

Considering the secondary market all the little Bissells machines created for correcting soil saturated carpets.
With that rental in those hands, the sky may be the limit.

Reactions: BIG WOOD
Name
Matt Ross
From my mechanical experience, gasoline fuel pumps are cooled mostly by the fuel running through them. If you own a hot rod with a small fuel cell for example and try to drive it in summer in a traffic jam the pump will end up heating the fuel in the tank to the point where it isnt cooling, and the pump cavitates. I dont know if chevy uses a recirculating fuel system like it does in their diesel trucks, but that makes the problem worse. It has much less to do with the ambient air temp and more to do with the amount of fuel in the tank. With a small amount in the tank it heats up faster, and doesn't cool with radiant air like you were driving. I've never owned a CDS, or chevy van, but it's really not a difficult problem to solve. Chevy diesels have fuel coolers on the return line back to the tank. I'm sure there are other easy solutions.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
12 to 15 years ago we had early fuel pump failures in our GM vans (running CDS units). When we replaced the third one it had a new part number. The only change was to the electrical connector. No failures since.

We don't open hoods, even in 90+ weather, because the electric fans move air pretty efficiently when the vehicle isn't moving. Changing plug wires and belts more often than normal may be due to just looking at the odometer and not adding unit running hours.

I will certainly agree that the Hydroboost unit isn't one of GM's better ideas, and the body metal seems to get thinner every year.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom