Sapphire Scientific new Upholstery Pro tool.......

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Price is $499 and i'll ship them for free. I don't have any in yet but if you order them now you'll be the first on the list :)

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
:p

Aaaaallriiite then....upholstery cleaning tool purchase is officially on hold!

For 500 bucks- I'll wait for real life reviews before I spend that much.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
The old style Drimaster was $449.00, this is a new improved tool.

I'll let you know what I think once we use it, but I already like the shape. 8)

1233.png

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Like every other upholstery tool, not everyone will like it. There will not be an ideal upholstery tool until the technology exists to morph the tool to fit every edge and crevice on a piece of furniture, and every size and shape of hand.

The tool isn't perfect (see above), and there will always be guys who like HydroKinetic, Drimaster 2, Hydry tools, and the Prochem/Butler tools.

But I like this one for being ultra light weight, having the flexibility for constant flow or trigger use, and the its profile.

(Disclosure: I sell them, so I do lack perfect objectivity. But I also sell all the other ones too)

RThode

Name
Rick Thode
I like the concept and I have ordered one in to test.

Any Canadians that would like to test it out and give us a review, let me know. I'll be glad to get it out you.

Rick Thode
Organic Source Ltd.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Hey Rick, I'll take you up on that offer to try it.
I've got a cotton velvet sitting in my LR that I can test it on. The old DM was a bit of a pain on velvet. While it worked well enough, took too much time.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
the cleaning head would never even touch the fabric with the next to no bend and my fat fingers wrapped around it. Very nice tool when are they available are they molded ?

RThode

Name
Rick Thode
Ron Werner said:
I've got a cotton velvet sitting in my LR that I can test it on. The old DM was a bit of a pain on velvet. While it worked well enough, took too much time.

No problem Ron. As soon as it lands I'll let you know and line it up.

Rick Thode
Organic Source Ltd.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
One of you that have it should just take a picture of it right next to a DM and prochem uph tool.
And of course post it here.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
One of the tests I ran on the prototypes and final product was on a rayon velvet. It left the fabric a bit wetter than a Hydrokinetic, but didn't leave tool marks like the Drimaster, HyDry, or Prochem Tool.

It still flattened the pile like any water based cleaning will do to rayon, but it was easier to restore because it didn't have the "cut" marks the edges of most tools leave on a rayon velvet or even some microfibers.

Its a bit "wetter" of a tool than the HK or the DM2, so you have to watch that if you're cleaning a bleeder or an old raw cotton. But its still drier than a Prochem or Hydry tool.

In the end, its going to still be personal preference, as it always seems to be with upholstery tools.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
It still flattened the pile like any water based cleaning will do to rayon, but it was easier to restore because it didn't have the "cut" marks the edges of most tools leave on a rayon velvet or even some microfibers.
That's a time saver right there. One thing I always hate to see is the cleaning lines, it's just looks so unsightly. I hate to leave the pile different from how it was found.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Those rich guys always have a hard time parting with their money. :p

I bet if you bought 30-40 of them Pemberton would knock off a dollar or two. :wink:

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
Ken us broke dicks only need to buy one so it doesn't hurt that bad.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
I would imagine that the suppliers like Jim & John don't have too much margin to give on these things. Their margin is nowhere near the margin that cleaners have.

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
Looks like $250 worth to me. Do they have to make back all the r&d the first year before they come out with something new?

Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Charlie Lyman
Ken Snow said:
Am I the only one who thinks these things are priced $200 or so too high?
I was hoping they would be competitive in price or even a little less. I think I will buy a dri-master.

randy

Name
Randy
Ken Snow said:
Am I the only one who thinks these things are priced $200 or so too high?

Nope, in fact I predict most cleaners will be smart enough to pass on it until the price drops to the $250-$275 range.

$500 is a flat out insult to the prospective purchaser. It says " we think you idiots are dumb enough to fall for anything".

Name
Bill Soukoreff
RThode said:
Ron Werner said:

No problem Ron. As soon as it lands I'll let you know and line it up.

Rick Thode
Organic Source Ltd.

Rick, I would like to try it after Ron. The HK at 450 psi is a tough one to beat.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Dri-Master is $460
HK is $479
Prochem $340 ($440 with Glide)
PMF TI 3.5" Hide-Hose $258

I don't see the Dri-Eaz tool coming down in price as it is pretty close to the premium tools and besides Keith and his Dad deserve to make a buck too you cheap Basturds :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Actually I recall paying $325.00 for Kleenrite Upholstery tools back in the 80's, so thirty years later to pay a little more doesn't seem that out of line to me.

We did over $40,000.00 in upholstery cleaning last year, a lot to some, small to others. However if I can purchase a tool that will be effective, as well as be less wear and tear on the guys and last several years, I consider it money well spent.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Doc Holliday said:
Actually I recall paying $325.00 for Kleenrite Upholstery tools back in the 80's, so thirty years later to pay a little more doesn't seem that out of line to me.

That is the problem Richard!

Thirty years ago the brokedick carpet cleaners were charging the same for their work as a lot of the guys getting today.

Therefore the price of the tool is a lot more then just a little.

$0.02

Mikey P

Administrator
Got mine today.

lots of real nifty features. shiteatinggrin

I don't want to take it apart so maybe Keith or Bill can tell me if the spray bar is all plastic or is there metal behind there?

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
I find it slightly amusing that people are not prepared to spend $500.00 on a piece of equipment that can earn them $50,000.00 & more IF THEY ARE PREPARED TO DO THE WORK.

This same tool in Australia, I would expect to pay $900.00 or a grand for.

The price you guys pay for equipment over there, and the returns you get, really put us to shame.

We pay a premium price and receive low money in return compared to what you guys make.

Anyone wanna walk a mile in my shoes. shiteatinggrin

Ooroo,

:(

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom