Sapphire Scientific sold to RPM!

Giorgio

Name
Giorgio
Steve G you Punk!

Maybe they should hire you to make knock off Self Rebuilt Cubs without water pumps.

steve g said:
wonder if these new guys will want to make the vortex or a big truck knockoff :lol: :lol: maybe yorkie should see if they have any job openings.

Giorgio

Name
Giorgio
Steve G you punk!

steve g said:
[quote="Bill Bruders":3quwbjea]Good Afternoon
I'd like to start off by making sure that everyone knows that Legend Brands was purchased by RPM International not just a part of the company. Legend Brands will be a standalone business within the RPM2 group of companies not absorbed into an existing business. RPM is an American Business, publically traded, whose CEO Frank Sullivan is the third generation to operate the business founded by his grandfather. Unlike the other big companies who are foreign owned, RPM has the same values that many Americans share. They are loyal to their employees, and their customers. Their products are number 1 in many of the markets they serve because consumers trust them. While there may be folks who disagree, the name RUST-OLEUM has always meant the best in its class to me as just one example.

I don't see anything changing in any way other than the potential expansion of our products in both current markets and new ones. I'm honestly quite proud of the fact that RPM choose Legend Brands for their first company that is focused on equipment manufacturing it says a lot about the people who work here and the products they produce. On a personal note I’m here for the long run and will be doing the same job I have always done. I plan to finish up my professional career with Legend Brands and believe the announcement today makes that real.

so I guess that doesn't look good for yorkies employment prospects.[/quote:3quwbjea]

G

Hi Scott,
I wrote this somewhere about SEM:
“SEM Products is a big playe in the automotive repair, and finish markets and is big in aerosols. Employee owned and may be as big as 2 – 3 billion but other estimates have them well under one billion in sales. They have a reputation for being a great company, solid products and great customer service”
They make some nice products for coloring canvas like in boats and cars but are not in carpets and rugs. I expect to get word back from a contact at 3M hopefully tonight so I can get some more details on how real the 3M tender for RPM is and just what they have in mind for LB. RPM is a price marketer but 3M has far stronger chanel marketing. SEM is a much smaller marketer in the automotive secondary market. Going into carpets would be a stretch and a new area. Their distributors love them but you can’t sell carpet stuff through an automotive supply house so it would be basically a new venture.
Sorry you guys can't be at the NYC Rug Tour. At Vegas I realized Tom is a real rug man and knows his stuff. At the Rug ID session I ket hearing one guy giving all the right answers and it turned out to be Tom,
Barry

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom