Sapphire Scientific Thermo Valve Upgrade Install

Andy

Name
Doesn't Matter
The thermol relief valve is on the bottom of the water tank and you plumb it to the top. In reality you are just recirculating the hot water back into the water box?

J

JS41035

The poor guy who bought it new had to hate life by the time he sold it. Between new heads, stud kits, egr delete and new oil pumps. The only reason to buy a 6.0 is if it’s cheap and all that stuff has already been done.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
The thermol relief valve is on the bottom of the water tank and you plumb it to the top. In reality you are just recirculating the hot water back into the water box?
It still dumps to the waste tank also.

Name
Justin Johnston
The new Thermo relief valve pulls all the air out of the thermal well first, which in turn creates higher head pressure for the pump, which in turn makes the seals last longer. Once all the air is pulled out of it, it pulls water out of the top, that way it isn't pulling sediment or hard water deposits that accumulate at the bottom of the thermal well.
Feel free to call me if you have any questions about it. 253-651-3468

Andy

Name
Doesn't Matter
Does this valve really help or is it just a gimmick or band aid.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
I’m needing to do this. My tank is filling up in less than 500 sqft. I got yelled at by a landlord for pumping “drug water” on his land. I had to roll up and leave the job.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
I think i will make it so it just dumps on the ground under the van. I don’t like the water going into the tank filling it up prematurely. It would be better to not have it dump at all and make a radiator system that cools the water in the pump head.

Last edited:
Reactions: JS41035

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Derf..

Yes.

You need to hire someone to be in charge of maintenance, bro

I had a 405 with 9500 hours and 6500 both ran great when I sold them.

The 570 has over 4k hours and runs great. just got water on the original computer and ate the pins.

It was procyon in the rinse that splashed out if the chemical box.

Dialectic grease from the factory might have saved me.

FredC

Village Idiot
So does that mean that the valve has to be changed everytime the wax melts?

no...the melting wax is what allows the relief to open (expands pushng rod).......... like a car thermostat (most)

when it cools the relief closes...the heating/cooling of the wax drives the opening/closing of the relief valve/thermostat

edit

Last edited:
Reactions: Papa John

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom