Sapphire Scientific's New Upholstery Tool

Fred Homan

Life Lesson number 3 is "Don't sweat the small stuff." Many times in life, people begin getting concerned with petty things. What people forget is that in the long run, it doesn't matter what "he said" or what "she did." It's not worth your time to get worked up about anything small or petty.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
It's a great tool, better control of moisture so there is less worry about over wetting issues like browning, bleeding. Light weight so you don't get as fatigued, and are able to keep production high.

It is roto mold, but it's constructed well and is but build to last.

It's not cheap but worth the money you pay for it! 8)

More than you want to pay? Sell your old tool and use the money against the new purchase.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Fred Homan said:
I have never had a problem with Joe.....
Well here is one:
I've read Joe posts on this bulletin board, had a few discussions with him.
Than the little liberal in me said "give him a chance, he may have some rough edges but be fair."
And :oops: :oops: :oops: also the greedy little bus-terd in me that wanted to save a little money!
All in all if memory serves me right, bought about $2000.00 goods from him.

A few months later, I needed something else. Here is my email correspondence with the mighty Joe:
"Me:Hi Joe, I need a ............
Please let me know if you have one and I'll email you the shipping address.Thanks."

Joe:"yes, I have a nice, $... is the cost."

Me:"Please send to...................With the bill and I'll mail you a check.

"Joe: no paper trail please.
Gift me $.... and it will go out tomorrow.My email is my Paypal."

Me:"I don't do Paypal. Email me the invoice and I will send you a check."

Joe:"Call........... and he names another supplier.

Well Joe.
I did.
Thanks for the advise. Never again will I buy from you.

On the other hand, every single time I've dealt with John Olson, he has been a class act.
This cheap bus-terd- yours truly, ain't using the likes of Bristor no more.
Lesson learned.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Well.
I wanted to buy a product from Joe.
I do not like to pay by PayPal.
I offered to send a check in advance.
I guess for some reason, clear only to Joe, that was not acceptable. So he told me to take my business somewhere else.

That is after a few months earlier I bought about $2000 from him.

I obliged.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I tried the SS against the HK tool. It's easier to hold, lighter weight, but I still preferred the cleaning action of the HK. At Steve Marsh's uph class I had opportunity to test the two again. Both left fabric fairly dry and Steve liked the SS tool. I think it sucks the material up the slot too much. The HK sucks the material against a flat of holes and has the teflon glide.
Personal preference.
Both are great advances in uph cleaning.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Fred Homan said:
Life Lesson number 3 is "Don't sweat the small stuff." Many times in life, people begin getting concerned with petty things. What people forget is that in the long run, it doesn't matter what "he said" or what "she did." It's not worth your time to get worked up about anything small or petty.

Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things.

shadygrady

Name
Rob Grady
I bought the SS uph tool last week. One of the first things I noticed is that the hose at the end of the piece(1foot) collapses very easily during use. This looks tobe the same type o hose that came with my RotoVac CFX. Why o why do they both charge so much and then supply soft wall hose. The lead hose on the SS handpiece appears more durable, why two different types of hose.

PCCN

I swore by the Hydramaster tool UNTIL I tried the Sapphire. It doesn't leave the lines the HM tool does. You don't have to use tools and dismantle it to clean all the hair and funk out (needle nose pliers take care of that). I did take off that valve because my supply line already has a control valve on it. Also, I replaced the vac hose with a more rigid hose. The 1 1/2" that came with mine would regularly collapse while I was using it and warm water softened it up. Kinking was regular. After speaking with Sapphire they said they were going to start using a better hose on them but not sure what came of it. Would def buy another one but would do the same modifications to it.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
I've had two DriMaster tools, the original narrower white one, bought in Oz, and the Black Beast, bought in the U.S.

I still have the original, but got rid of the Black Beast not long after using it for a while.

Think I bought my Sapphire Scientific tool from an Oz distributor.

Bought my HydroKinetic tool from Superior.

Love them both, but I tend to use the HydroKinetic more.

Personal preference is what it is for different fabrics.

I have been dealing with Superior for about eight years when I first bought gear from them at Connections.

It was organised prior & they brought the gear down with them for me.

Every dealing I have had with Lora & John Olson of Superior have been top notch & I could not recommend them highly enough.

I receive products from them most times quicker than what an Aussie supplier could supply, bar two suppliers out of many.

Some don't even answer enquiries regarding purchasing products.

To me, their service ( Superior ), is unquestionable and their pricing is very fair, put the two together and they have an outstanding supply business.

They have made me money over the years thanks to their ongoing support..

That's my opinion.

:very_drunk:

PS::: Just for the loonies, no-one paid me for this. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

Love the SS , just got one last week. It was pricey, being in Canada we will pay a higher price than U.S.
Paid $540 and bought it from Sinclair Sales in Ontario.
Today I cleaned a ceiling in a RV that had water staining and browning ( carpeting ).Was very impressed with the minimal fatigue. I have done RV ceilings before with a Kleenrite hand tool and it was brutal.

Name
Lee Stockwell
"No paper trail"...indicates one or more of the following: Illicitly obtained product, not wanting to pay taxes, not wanting to warrantee product, or not wanting to DELIVER product.

That email IS "paper trail" enough for me to assume he's a crook.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
"No paper trail"...indicates one or more of the following: Illicitly obtained product, not wanting to pay taxes, not wanting to warrantee product, or not wanting to DELIVER product.

That email IS "paper trail" enough for me to assume he's a crook.
To be perfectly clear about this Lee, I never had a single issue with Joe about honesty. He sent what he said he would, every single thing. And actually he sent it before he got the money, which was very trusting, as at the time, he did not even know me.

I also do not think that your interpretation is correct. For whatever reason, he just did not want to be paid by check (paper). Could be that he was mad because I did not join or post on his board, as he asked. (Sorry, I did not find his board as helpful or valuable as this one.)
Or write a review about his adjustable jet manifold as he asked. (Sorry, I really don't like it.)

Have I found Joe to be a "loose cannon", rude at times, temperamental?- Sure.

However, say what one wants about Joe, I never had any issue regarding honest business transactions with him.
I will not buy from him again, because I do not like the way he conducts himself and found his response to be rude and unprofessional, however, he is not a crook.

Last edited:
Reactions: dealtimeman

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
After reading Ofer's comments, it reminded me of something Superior did for me.

I wanted some ramps from the U.S. but was unable to purchase them by going through three banks as the company requested.

I spoke to John who ordered and paid for the ramps.

He then sent them down under to me in Australia.

About a week after they arrived, I got his bill in the mail.

THAT'S TRUST.....

These are the ramps in question...........

RampsnPort013_zps98581a89.jpg

:very_drunk:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom