Scam or not?

Name
Brad Gouveia
I got the following email:

Greetings to you and how are you doing today, i am Monica and hearing impaired. kindly let me know the kind of UPHOLSTERY CLEANING SERVICE you do and please respond asap so we can communicate via email or you send your cell number for a better communication too and kindly let me know if you accept all major credit card for payment transaction and hope to read from you pretty soon.

Thanks for your cooperation
Monica

I am thinking scam but was not 100%. What do you think?

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
Twice I fooked with them and went along with it, and got them to send me fake checks that they hoped for me to cash and them of course send them a balance. The checks didn't look bad for counterfiets. Even had watermarks, but the paper stock didn't feel right.
They use the same poor grammar when they curse you out afterwards.

tmiklethun

Name
Travis Miklethun
I don't know, I used to be a manager at an insurance company and we would get phone calls from a service for the hearing impaired. The hearing impaired would type the question and third party would translate it and ask me, I would respond and they would type my answer back to the customer. System worked, but it was a pain in the ass. I think sending in an email would be far easier for the hearing impaired.

They have nothing to gain from it being a scam, unless they are just into wasting peoples time. I would probably respond and see what their would be.

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
I'd at least try to contact her, I have had clients that needed to set up through email, for hearing impaired.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
If you have been around the block a few times you would know this is a classic scam. Just ignore it. Usually it is I have 10 rugs to clean. Do you take credit cards? Regards, Angela Joule

G Man

Name
Joseph Gilstrap
Huge freakin scam! I got one from a guy that said he was deaf & dumb, and wanted me to clean 100 oriental rugs with an estimated value of 3 to 6 thousand dollars a piece. He just needed my email confirmation and other contact info in order to set up the shipping of the rugs to my place.

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
could be legit. i got a new client 5-6 years ago, calls and talks to me thru a paid 3rd party company. was strange but legit. cleaned his business & home, a lot of texting.

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
The 10 rug people texted us last week, was told flat out no, then they sent an email. They wanted us to do credit cards over the phone.

The pitch is to get you to run stolen cards or just made up numbers to see if they will work.

Bill Morgan

Name
Captain Morgan
Hearing impaired but send me your cell phone number so we can communicate better? Really? Must be legit.. she must think cell phones are as clear as a bell. "Can you hear me now? Can you hear me now? Good!"

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
That is what told me it was a scam. "I need your cell phone number." How the freak can they find your E-mail address. But, can't find your phone number??? RUN!!! This is phishing scheme. Trolling e-mail address until they find a gullible victim.

Back
Top Bottom