scotchgard for commercial jobs

4orgione

Do you push scotch guard for a commercial job? how would you price it? usually i sell it to residential homes by room

Last edited by a moderator:

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
I find that compared to residential jobs, a much lower percentage of commercial jobs will pay for a protector. In many circumstances I encouraged them to put the money toward more frequent cleaning program. That probably was better for their carpet than protector.

A lot of commercial carpet is olefin. Olefin benefits from the added protection against oil soils, but is intrinsically resistant to water-borne soils. No t as great a need for protector as in residential settings.

On industrial cleaning jobs that are cleaned on a regular schedule, Encapuclean with Maxim provides some protection and it will build up over several cleanings. So they get protection, you get easier to clean carpets without the additional cost of a protector or extra labor. Charge 2 or 3 cents per sq. ft. extra if they want this level of protection.

For the industrial jobs where you do sell protector, you can cover more square feet with the same amount of protector if it is low pile CDG style. You can probably make out OK for 8 to 10 cents per square foot added to the cleaning cost.

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
I agree with more cleanings. If you try to sell in eating areas for 10 cents maybe but then be prepared to here its not working.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Re: scotch guard for industiral jobs

Heck scott in detroit that is the cleaning price. Protector is less than half that.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
High traffic areas we do all the time, not that hard of a sell for lobby, common areas, main conference room, maybe a big hallway.
Wall to wall is rare

closer to .05 cents a sqr but only cleanable. Depends on size also

Name
R.J. Povio
Ken Im glad I don't clean carpets in Detroit! Very few guys clean at 8-10 cents sq ft in Rochester NY. Usually janitorial outfits with portys. Whats the going rate per sq ft on residential in Detroit Ken?

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Re: scotch guard for industiral jobs

$25-$30 a room residentially for moat much less for the lowballers, higher for the boutique cleaners. NY is close to Kalifornia in cost of living, detroit and many midwest cities it is at least 1/3 less.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Vivers

Supportive Member
Name
Bill
We don't do a ton of commercial or push it but we do simply offer for the highly used areas and almost all agree. .05 a sq ft here as well

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom