Scotchgard question:

Ross Buettner

Name
Ross Buettner
I have done very little residential work this year. 2012 was my time to get deeper into that. I've done a lot of commercial throughout the season and have learned more and more every time I run into something new.

I have a 3500 ft. job this weekend asking for protectant. It was quoted well for the price by the franchise company I operate as a commercial cleaning service under (they toss me all the carpet cleaning exclusively).

I've read Jondon's site on Scotchgard. I am confused to the amount of square feet a gallon covers. I have a hydroforce sprayer that's adjustable... so I'd need to know what dillution, and how many square feet a gallon covers. If you could explain the math with it, it'd help me a ton. From what I read, "one dilluted gallon" covers 1000 ft. That obviously isn't what I am thininking it is.

Thanks in advance, as I will need this for Spring 2012 when we go larger with residential services.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
most protectants are to be diluted at 4:1, water to concentrate to make a gallon
that gallon will cover 200-250sf
should get 4 gallons RTU so that would be 1000sf
with the tip on a HF, don't be walking too slow.

Soil Blocker applies to 1000sf from a 2 gallon RTU bottle, using a fine tip.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Each concentrated gallon after being diluted should cover 1,000 sq. ft.

That is for residential cut-pile carpet that has been previously protected so the protection level is being refreshed. For low pile carpet, you can get as much as 2,000 sq. ft. per concentrated gallon. If carpet was never protected, you may need to apply at a higher rate.

BTW -Maxim Advanced will cover 2,400 sq. ft. of commercial carpet per gallon and get greater protection.

Back
Top Bottom