SCOTCHGARD,TEFLON,MAXIM,FOURGARD ?

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Okay which one is the best?

1. Dilution ratio
2. Price
3. Brand name recognition by customer for easier sales
4.Performance (Acid dye resistance) beading etc.
5. Coverage
6. Scent

And how do you price it for areas.

Name
Lee Stockwell
Doing some testing here too Jimmy. I'm going grey waiting to see some other's results.

Going to test Hardball as well.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Lee I've always respected your opinion . Let's finally get to the bottom of this.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
4 brands mentioned.

I can see how a customer would favor a brand they know. "Would you like me to apply some (SCOTCHGARD/TEFLON)
to your carpet?" But they wouldn't know the other brands.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Was thinking the same thing but I am a honest man . I just might lose sleep.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
Jim Pemberton did some testing of these products. maybe he will chime in.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Jim I went to the slide show and it didn't work. Pushed the buttons and nothing happened.
Just tell me which carpet protector is the best. I don't want figure it out just tell me.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
If you have a gmail account, I'll send you the slide show Jimmy.

I think its not fair for me, as someone who sells such products, to tell you what I think is best.

I will say this much:

Since the products you listed to start this post are all ones I sell, the order of which I like their performance is this:

Maxim
Fourgard
Teflon
Scotchgard

Kellie Hiler

Name
Kellie Hiler
Well I feel better! We use Maxim Advanced and have never had any issues with it. The coverage depends of course on carpet thickness, but a gallon generally covers around 1200 sq' in a home.

Reactions: Scott S.

Kellie Hiler

Name
Kellie Hiler
Was thinking the same thing but I am a honest man . I just might lose sleep.
Most people just call it scotch guard because they think that is the standard name for protectant. It is the only name they know. They don't really care what it is called just as long as it works. We always explain to them that there are many brands of protectant and we use the best!

Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Lyman
8 years ago when i got my dog, before she arrived i cleaned the carpet and applied teflon per directions. All her accidents cleaned up very easily. Dry time is 24 hours. Yes it works awesome but who wants thier carpet damp that long.My personal experience for what it is worth.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I wonder if you can add some 90% isopropyl alcohol to the RTU gallon to speed up drying time?

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
Most people just call it scotch guard because they think that is the standard name for protectant. It is the only name they know. They don't really care what it is called just as long as it works. We always explain to them that there are many brands of protectant and we use the best!
lately ive been buying maxim it by the 5 gallon pails.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Scott how do you present it to the customer and how do you price it?

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
:lol:

James now I've been struggling with what CS might mean.???

I've Googled the letters and cannot for the life of me fathom what it might stand for. ???
Carpet Services? Computer Science? Counter Strike?
:biggrin:

Screenshot_2015-11-11-07-13-59~2.jpg

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
Scott how do you present it to the customer and how do you price it?
i always give exact prices before i start, once ive described the price and what im going to do to clean the customers house or business, i simply ask them if they want me to reapply carpet protectant so its protected from spots, spills, stains. and i leave it at that. if they ask questions answer them. alot of people give me that "is that like scotchguard" and i explain the differance between scotchguard with teflon and maxim. one as an acid dye blocker the other does not. i always recommend maxim for people with kids due to higher synthetic drink stains. but tend to go scotchguard for little old ladies with yappers that pee in the house, so they have time to clean it up and arnt down on their knee scrubbing out pet urine.
make sure to explain that you are applying a protectant and that it does not make it stain proof, but helps with the clean up, wear, and life of their carpet.
pricing. pricing varies. alot of the time ill just price it $15-20 per room, granted small rooms are less, but always try to double or triple your money on every gallon you use up.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mikey P

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom