SCOTCHGARD,TEFLON,MAXIM,FOURGARD ?

D Luke

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
for carpet?

Are you willing to apply one gallon per 200 to 400 feet for them to properly work?

Most are not. In humid areas the customer would never call you back.

There are a couple of water based products that require 1 gallon for 800 to 1000 feet.

Or get a gas mask and use a solvent.

It's good to finally hear someone say it. Put down protector to manufacturer's specifications on a freshly cleaned carpet and you have a carpet that might take longer than 24 hours to dry.

What are we supposed to do? Leave fans and make a return trip to get them? Put on less protector and screw the customer but actually get it dry in decent time? Do nothing and leave the carpet wet for 2 days?

I dunno...I obviously like the revenue of protector sales, but don't push them because of the drying issues.

Reactions: Art Kelley

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
if you guys spray protector on upholstery the maxim for upholstery is great stuff. i know mikey likes the solvent stuff but i like the water base stuff, especailly since it has dye loc in it and can be used on most of the fabrics you come accrosss. it dries pretty fast. upholstery protectant, i sell that alot.

Reactions: Jimmy L

steve_64

Cit the water in half and the amount used in an area.you still use the same amount of protector. The water is just for delivery.
Brush it in a little more thouroughly and you get the same results.

Reactions: Jimmy L

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
So you don't think by adding some 90% alcohol it wouldn't speed up the drying?

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
The alcohol might interfere or mess with the chemical structure of the final product but someone like forsythe would probably know for sure.

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
Fill a shot glass full of water and another full of chardonnay. Place them side by side and time how long it takes for the entire contents of each glass to evaporate. I think you'll find a few percent alcohol does not speed the evaporation of the water.....

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
I don't think it makes sense to try to accelerate the drying of protector and/or encap products.

Why would you want to force it into the air, when the basic principles of that type of chemistry is to dry "attached to the fabric"?

Reactions: J Scott W

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Why Zee it would dry it faster.............and stick to the fiber. I'll try both with and without in a clear glass dish to see.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Well Mikey while you're all about womanly industry gossip I am all about finding things out.
Some self proclaimed industry "Guru" was supposed to post his findings on protector results. But he seemed more interested in his "Status" . I WANT THE TRUTH!

So thanks to Jim we have a result!

Thank you Jim for clarifying this.

But I heard thru the grapevine that Cobb's juice was just as good.
But alas it's that damn shipping cost that evens out against a local purchase.

Ken692

Name
Kenny
I love adding the protectant, makes a great impact to the bottom line, and I feel better knowing dirt will take longer to grind in.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Thank you Jim for clarifying this.

But I heard thru the grapevine that Cobb's juice was just as good.
But alas it's that damn shipping cost that evens out against a local purchase.

I urge everybody to test protectors side-by-side.
Our Ultraseal solvent protector works on both Carpet and Tile/Grout.
Our Ultraseal protector has FREE shipping if you order a case minimum,
and call the order in.

http://www.cobbcarpet.com/zen/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=78&products_id=1226

Reactions: Mikey P

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Interested in water based for carpet with great dilutions.
Instead of 4 to 1 , something more concentrated with acid dye ?

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
Interested in water based for carpet with great dilutions.
Instead of 4 to 1 , something more concentrated with acid dye ?

Jimmy, they are called acid dye blockers. they block dye from penetrating into the pores or scratches on the fibers. they essentually fill the pores with a clear coating preventing dye to become attached to the fiber.

Hint: I just bought another 5 gallons at pembertons, keep selling out.

In my own personal opinion i wouldn't buy solvent based carpet protectant because i dont want kids, and little old ladies coughing and complaining, and then having them say i stunk up their house.

maxim is my favorite for carpet, and maxium for fabric is my fav for upholstery.

i use this stuff on my own home, and i've spilled, food, beer, wife spilled red wine, and pets have had a few accidents, still no stains. 10 year old carpet too.

Reactions: Kellie Hiler

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Scott..........Scott.................Scott............Scott. Are you one of those people who seem to take over demos at a supplier BBQ? Had one recently do that..................he knew everything about............" Encapsulation" technology . Was a pitiful sight. But I have witnessed this buffoonery many times at these events over the years. : )

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
Scott..........Scott.................Scott............Scott. Are you one of those people who seem to take over demos at a supplier BBQ? Had one recently do that..................he knew everything about............" Encapsulation" technology . Was a pitiful sight. But I have witnessed this buffoonery many times at these events over the years. : )
Jimmy, Jimmy, Jimmy

would your rather hear from someone selling a line of shit, or from people who use the product?

yeah, i know you prefer the line of shit. Sorry was just trying to help you. but whatever buddy. be pissy.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom