See why the Phoenix is the King of Scrub

FredC

Village Idiot
My 100% filthy Glad Pads prove this tilt theory to be bullshit

Speed 5 on the TRS is indeed fast, much prefer speed 3

And if you want to go slow, put it on speed 1

Only the TRInity given you the options

:headscratch:

but it isn't bullshit. The entire pad would get dirty. It just isn't sitting "level". Like a rotating/variable heel mode.

I wasn't there when God designed it with John but I assume it was done to reduce contact due to some issue (fiber damage?) rather than a plan to have "tamping action" (new bug becomes feature).

whether that ends up cleaning better or worse I can't say.

Last edited:
Reactions: Meter Maid
Name
Steve Shotwell
The "Tamping" action is designed to lift particulates to the surface....pet hair, sandy grit etc....I'm waiting on the right job/opportunity to make a video but try it yourself... you'll find that "tamping" will out preform any CRB or Rx20

FredC

Village Idiot
The whole Idea that this is designed to lift anything out is bs imo. Hell, the very term implies the opposite. Besides, this would be more correctly be described as a wobble anyway and far more likely to have been "designed" to prevent fiber distortion/damage.....something heavy OP machines are known for**......

**but don't take my word for it "Plus, Trinity machines are MUCH SAFER for the carpet fibers than other machines. There’s no tip blooming like other competitors machines cause.

Mikey P

Administrator
blot dont scrub doesn't count when the blotter is 19" across.

and most people blot with the intensity of an old school small travel OP, that larger travel TOPS units do less damage to yarn bundles

Mikey P

Administrator
something heavy OP machines are known for...........

I would guess that the Oreck is more guilty of fiber damage.

No additional lube and needed to go over and over and over to get a somewhat decent result.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdeT6YHiYCc&t=73s

FredC

Village Idiot
I would guess that the Oreck is more guilty of fiber damage.

No additional lube and needed to go over and over and over to get a somewhat decent result.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdeT6YHiYCc&t=73s

Who said anything about the oreck?

"Plus, Trinity machines are MUCH SAFER for the carpet fibers than other machines. There’s no tip blooming like other competitors machines cause. "

something you have mentioned many times yourself btw.

I'm saying that the purpose of the bias is to prevent distortion, possibly in combination with the larger orbit, while increasing speed not some magical wet dirt levitating trick*.

So modifying it so it act like other machines probably isn't a good idea.

*there was a rug beating attachment....not sure if it was ever produced but that is different.

Last edited:

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I think any damage that happens with an OP machine is caused by misusing it. I don't believe OP machines should be used on residential cut pile carpet. On any carpet, make sure you have enough solution down to lubricate the fibres. Guys that post pad to get better drying times are probably damaging the carpet.

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
The "Tamping" action is designed to lift particulates to the surface....pet hair, sandy grit etc....I'm waiting on the right job/opportunity to make a video but try it yourself... you'll find that "tamping" will out preform any CRB or Rx20
You can't really believe that.

Spin a penny, then watch toward the end where it rides its edges until it come to rest.

That's all the magical tamping is... smoke and mirrors to take some friction away from the driver so it spins faster.

It's cleans better without it.

We must not forget it wasn’t long ago when the founder of the TRS technology was made fun of for making outlandish claims.

The technology is the same, only ownership has changed (allegedly).

Last edited:

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
Unless you like the idea of your pad never truly being fully on the carpet.
How is it not fully touching the carpet? The machine is like 110 lbs. What is the depth of the washer, and how many tamping per rotation?

FredC

Village Idiot
How is it not fully touching the carpet? The machine is like 110 lbs. What is the depth of the washer, and how many tamping per rotation?

still going to hit all parts of the pad....just always biased

Reactions: DAT

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom