SEO Warning!

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
If I can stop 1 person from giving their business to 411 Locals out of Las Vegas to do their SEO work, my work is done. I've made many business decisions in the last year, and firing them from doing our SEO was the single smartest move I've made. STAY AWAY from this terrible company. They are awful. They created multiple listings for our company and we are still fighting to get all the electronic garbage cleaned up. Be warned brothers. They won't let a guy go quietly!

The Clean Machine

Reactions: Derek and GCCLee

Becker

Name
Becker
Oh god. I hang up on them as soon as they spit out 411 connect.

I had one long convo with them years ago and ran circles around the sales girl.

She was either trained to say what she sez, or just a flat out liar.

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Some Vegas number calls me every so often. Never answer it as I aint lost nothing in Vegas.

Been once and have NO desire to do it again! And i though I was an experienced boobie bar er.
Small town is where I belong : ). Yup

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
You guys are far wiser than me. One of the challenges of being a 1 man show in the early days is that I'm prone to make a bone head decision every once in a while. I've learned quite a bit about SEO in the process so all is not lost. I tell my wife that if we learned a lesson we never have to learn again, it wasn't a complete waste. I know enough now to ask better questions and make sure it is easy to back out of these relationships with the SEO company without them ruining our online presence. They must perform or we back out, that's it. And we MUST be able to back out cleanly. 411 Locals was (still is with 1 ad) holding us hostage because I couldn't get the ads taken down. Our places page plummeted for almost a year and it cost us THOUSANDS of potential $. I spent about an hour and a half on the phone this afternoon with the old SEO, the new SEO, both at the same time on a 3 way call, and finally Google Places for Business directly. It should be cleaned up within 2 weeks but we will see. My "take home lesson" is that it should be the incredible product and service that our customers receive from us that should tie us together for a lasting biz relationship. Who you choose to do your SEO is an extremely important decision if your not doing it yourself.

The Clean Machine

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
No but I will if it's not resolved with this final appeal. I would have dealt with it sooner if I wasn't so busy this summer. Now that it has slowed, I have to get some things tightened up and ready for Spring. When your 1 guy, loose ends can develop pretty quickly. I ignored this problem for WAY too long. That really is my fault but I'm learning...I think.

The Clean Machine

Reactions: GCCLee

Becker

Name
Becker
similar crap with service-magic years ago..

i tried them, discovered it was a black hole for my money.. dropped them.. then discovered months later them still using my business name in google searches, but the 1800 number was not routed to me, but rather service magic.

another reason i tell yoodle no thank you.. zero interest..

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
When I dropped Service Magic my webpage popped up to #1 again.( it was lost) Great to have the #1 webpage and #1 organic (Desktop) and great positioning Mobile.( Plus a few others on page one)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom