SEO

Name
Nathan
Well i hired a Professional SEO company to do there thing about 6 months ago finally let them go and i am learning how to do it on my own. So over the last few days i have been doing our backlinking thanks to Shane Deubell and his 50 free Citations page here @ Mikey's Board and noticed that the SEO company screwed up and on half my listings they used K B Carpet Cleaners, not KB Carpet Cleaners.

I mean backlinking is not hard and a screw up like that will throw google off big time. MY website is in CMS so i can create and edit my webpage with ease, in fact just added a Service Locations page and i am sorta curious what the outcome will be, the page i created is not 100% professional by any means but I packed it with citys and keywords to hopefully rank well with google :).

I have only been in the carpet cleaning industry for a year and a half with no prior knowledge of how to Market do any kind of SEO or even run a business for that matter but i am learning quickly and on the fly. I do know we do not really have a store front at this time so ours is online. If we are not on top of Google we just are not being found.

My question to you guys is Who here does there own webdesign and SEO? Is it worth maybe going to school for? Also with the amount of money we pay our SEO companys how do you know there doing there job to the max or even doing it right for that matter?

Will add some more to this thread later gotta go get in the truckmount.

Mikey P

Administrator
My first and only question since I don't no much about the SEO black sciences is, are you running your business or are you out cleaning all day?

Chasing the oh so elusive Googleman is a full time job that most likely will never end in their attempts to thwart cheaters and evil doers.
In the best case scenario, will your time be worth the potential return?

Reactions: Rob Lyon

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
Shane Deubell and his 50 free Citations page here @ Mikey's Board

Can someone please tell me more about this? Couldn't find a link anywhere.

i am learning how to do it on my own.

Even if you only lean a little, at least you will know if the people you are paying are doing their job.

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Can someone please tell me more about this? Couldn't find a link anywhere.

Even if you only lean a little, at least you will know if the people you are paying are doing their job.

Have hundreds more just pm me your email, its too big to fit or i would post it here.

1. Google
2. Bing
3. Yahoo!
4. Yelp
5. Merchant Circle
6. LinkedIn
7. YellowPages.com
9. Whitepages
10. Supermedia
11. Yellowbook
12. CitySearch
13. Mapquest
14. Biznik
15. Local.com
16. Foursquare
17. ThinkLocal
18. CitySlick
19. USYellowPages
20. MyCity
21. Outside.in
22. Dex
23. BizJournals.com
24. TeleAtlas
25. Justclicklocal
26. Discover our Town
27. Metrobot
28. Best Deals on
29. twibs
30. LocalEze
31. Kudzu
32. CityVoter
33. Manta
34. Zipweb
35. MatchPoint
36. UsCity.net

Advice Local
38. InfoUSA
39. Axciom
40. Infignos
41. Yellowassistance
42. ChoiceVendor.com
42. Myhuckleberry
43. Genieknows
44. MojoPages
45. Brownbook
46. Magic Yellow
47. CitySquares
48. TeleAtlas
49. Navteq GPS
50. Judysbook

Reactions: Rob Lyon
Name
Nathan
My first and only question since I don't no much about the SEO black sciences is, are you running your business or are you out cleaning all day?

Chasing the oh so elusive Googleman is a full time job that most likely will never end in their attempts to thwart cheaters and evil doers.
In the best case scenario, will your time be worth the potential return?

Hey Mikey one of the things i am learning is that to run a Business efficiently you need everything to be working properly and well lubed. Just like our truckmounts if a piece isn't working properly you will not get the job done and leave people unsatisfied. For this business to grow i need to know the ins & outs about everything in this industry and how to do it that way eventually if i have to train someone to do the job i can. Marketing, Book keeping, Carpet Cleaning, Customer Service, Data Entry, Quick books, Social Media, Taxes, i guess i could keep on going but I am sure you get the point and have experienced this yourself?

I have learned the basics of cleaning carpets and removing stains. Now i am focusing on learning how to do online marketing and making sure the phone is ringing. I am sure if you become best friends with the googleman the possibilitys are endless.

My uncle started this business about 10 years ago and recently brought me down here from Seattle to help build the business, the biggest mistake he has made over the past 10 years is not building a Data Base of his clientele so guess what i will be teaching myself next? So to your question i am trying to learn everything about the business and how to efficiently run a business basically being a jack of all trades. Might take me 10 years from now to master most of them but when i do. I should be a force to recon with. As far as ROI on Internet Marketing. Since i have been here the for the last year and a half i have created an online presence that has increased business by at least 40%. My uncle has a great clientele base but now his phone wont stop ringing and that is a good thing.

Thanks Shane for posting that was going to direct him here but just got off the truckmount :). 50 Free Citations.

Like people say if you want something done right, do it yourself.

Last edited:

bob519

Name
Bob
Thanks Shane for the post!
This is a stupid question ...will these link backs work in Canada?

Name
Yohance
Its hard to know whether or not a seo company is doing its job before its too late. I was lucky to get a referral for some one and its been great.

Rob Lyon

Name
Rob Lyon
Its always changing, have gone to seminars around the country to learn "the big trick" to it, still a ton to learn, I would suggest working with someone with a proven track record, even if its costs a little more its worth it, on the restoration end it does not tend to to take to many jobs to make it worth while, good luck in whatever you do

TomKing

Supportive Member
Name
Tom
There is a guy out of Montanta that has a great 5 day SEO program you can buy for $100 bucks.

The program will give you a basic understanding of how things work today. It will change!!!!

I had the same problem. I bought the program and I hired a intern this last summer to do the work. I have been very satisfied.

You had better figure out how you ae going to market to your existing customers. Mike is right start using Service Monster. Email me if you want a link for a free trail.

I look for the maps and places to become very unreliable going forward. Google has clearly figured out they have us and companies that cover a regional area or large metro area are going to be forced to use pay per click. We are already seeing that here in Indy.

You need to figure out how you can move traffic to your site with other forms of advertising.

You also need to figure out what you are doing to bring in new customer without using the web. There are other ways.

Think of it as sales Silo's the web is only one Silo to use.

The guys name is Joe Burnich 1-877-217-7191
www.carpetcleaningwebsites.net
If you want to learn I would get this it heped me understand what I was paying for and how to manage those that do this kind of work.

Good Luck!

Last edited:

TomKing

Supportive Member
Name
Tom
I hope he does better than that one guy Jon Don was endorsing.

I used the guy you are talking about. I got great results for about 3 years.

He was terrible about communication. I cant tell you how many other companies I ran into that hated his communication skills.

To get a company like JonDon endorsing you is a hard to do. What a big miss on his part letting this go bad.

Ther are a lot of good people that would kill for that endorsment. Nice guy. I think he found ways to make money on the web in diffrent ways with less work.

Things are changing so fast with Google I think it will be hard to use a one man show in the future. We are about a year from engaging with a large company. Our need for a regional presence is going to take more expertise going forward.

Back
Top Bottom