serious question for you encapsulation experts

Mikey P

Administrator
Ricky says he does but how many of you guys have jobs that have been Encapoo'd many times(over 10 lets say) and never rinsed with a truckmount?

Does the customer ever say anything?

Do you notice that the soil load is getting out of hand and when Cimex'd you are now making mud?

Or does it look and smell fine after each scrubbing?

We have our big regular next week that in the beginning (pre Mex) we HWE'd a few times but the live radio station upstairs was making everyone miserable with the complaints ( tuned in the station once and heard the Vortex playing back up to the 3 peace Jazz ensemble, lol) so we have not Encapped it a dozen times at least with no rinsing.

even at .40 a foot they keep calling us back so I guess it works.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We usually start out with HWE to flush it out and start fresh. It may be cleaner but apperance wise the encap is going to look better.

I have a building we maintain with over 120,000 sqft that we have cleaned for the last three years. HWE first time and since low moisture, some areas like the funnel and high traffic walk areas have been cleaned at least 10-times and look great when we are done.

When as you say it's making mud we would either Op with the Orbot or HWE.

It's a tool (Encap) if the carpet demands something more we will do it, but generally we can extended the time between HWE while still maintaining an overall high level of appearance.

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
What Richard said... I have some restaurants that hae never seen a wand and they've been going for 3+ years.

Ross Buettner

Name
Ross Buettner
I've been HWE on places that have been 4-5 years that have been OP'd.

People are calling me asking me what the heck it was I did... they're estatic. And it's landing me residentail gigs due to it.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
I bonnett encap a caramel corn factory (The offices and conference rooms) monthly for several years now and they are always impressed with the results.

That place looked like crap (Black and sticky) before I got the account.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Too hard to say Ross, could be the operator, could be the products he was using.

Hard to fault the method just because of the last guys work.

Heck we follow up after other cleaner all the time but we don't toss out HWE just because they were not as thorough or used low grade solutions.

We can HWE, Encap with Cimex, OP with Orbot, bonnet with a 175, Dry compound with our Host machine if necessary. What ever it takes. 8)

We're not married to a system, we are going to do what ever method or combination of methods that will look the best within their cleaning budget.

Mikey P

Administrator
I just got a call from our richest/ largest residential client.

It's been over a year since we last cleaned the carpet (last month for upholstery). One of the CEOs of House management called today to ask about the methods we uses, last time were were out of the CEOs saw us running a OP pad under a 175 and were none to happy about it. they've been trying other companies but want us back but with HWE only.

I explained we were only doing a post pad finish...

Chem Dry fooked us multi method co's.

Choosey CEOs dont want VLM.

JeffC

Name
Jeff
I would agree with what most have already said on this issue. I have many carpets that have only been encapped with a cimex and have never been extracted and they look great. I have others we hot water extract periodically or even regularly. A lot depends on the type of soiling, traffic and frequency of cleaning. It usually doesn’t look much better when we extract (in fact sometimes it looks worse!) and often times takes 2-3 times as long to clean. If we start a new job that has had re-soiling issues we would probably start off hot water extracting , so at least we know what we have.

Like Richard we use whatever method we think will produce the best results. My favorite one is the one that makes me the most money and makes Cheerleaders! I really don’t understand the mentality of “one method fits all” when the reality is there’s ALWAYS some soil left behind with ALL methods.

I would say 99% of my customers never even ask about the method we use so I rarely even mention it.
I think it’s best to sell clean carpet and stay away from selling a method. I know on paper the carpet may need an occasional flushing with HWE but on commercial carpet the reality is low moisture especially on low level loop nylon or olefin construction often times produces a better appearance level, which it what the majority of customers care about.

As far as the warranty goes if the customer is happy with the appearance of their carpet, (with whatever methods are being used) once the carpet is installed, the mill is pretty much out of the picture, and they’d prefer to keep it that way.

The bottom line most commercial customers want a competitive price, no reoccurring spots and quick dry times with professional service. Most of the time, encapsulation technology achieves all of these.
JeffC
P.S If I did residential though I'd prefer hot water extraction with a truck mount

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We had a facilities manager that said they had complaints about odor with the low moisture chemical and wanted us to HWE only.

As we were making plans to use HWE and asked about getting access to other entry points when it was discovered that they were complaining about the last guy. Not us all. :roll:

They were fine with what we were doing and said the carpet had never looked better. We're still there quarterly with low moisture.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
I'm no expert but about 12 years ago I started doing extraction cleaning in a travel agency every three months.

I was never happy with the job, wool carpet, air con; was turned off before I started so the carpet was still damp in the morning.

& stink like you would not believe. :shock:

Not allowed to leave air movers on overnight. :x

I kept giving this job up, but then they'd get me back again.

Frustrating.

About 7 years ago I started using the Mex; every month.

This place is vacuumed every day, seven days a week by the staff.

The carpet is wearing under their rolling chairs, but in the main customer area is in very good condition.

I also do four other of their stores on a six week turnaround purely by recommendation of the state manager for the group.

The carpet is showing no signs of build-up and does not attract soil any quicker than hwe.

I do believe that frequent maintenance is a big thing for encap.

IMGP0773.jpg

I also two levels in a high rise for a international accountancy company.

Twice a year all carpet, three monthly traffic lanes.

SDC10253.jpg

Another accountants up in the sticks, I only do once a year, carpet & furniture ever since I have had Big Yella.

This pic show Big Yella with the old small wheels, that's how long ago it was. :oops:

IMGP0692.jpg

They are happy and pay the check. shiteatinggrin

joe harper

Name
joe harper
HERE IS A SERIOUS QUESTION ......IN YOUR SERIOUS :?: THREAD....

Why doesn't anyone tell the TRUTH about the eNcRappInG....FAD...?

TRUTH : It makes you more competitive in the market.
TRUTH : Faster & Less expensive .... cleaning process.
TRUTH : It does NOT require extended dry times.
TRUTH : It can initially make the fibers look brighter than HWE.
TRUTH : If you have inferior HWE equipment & skills...it will look better.

HERE IS ANOTHER TRUTH : The client can be easily persuaded to use this process
when the "pRofEssIonAl" is SELLING THIS LINE OF "bUll-ShiT"... :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

As you are all HERDED-UP for the slaughter....you will WISH you would have LISTENED
to the OLD DINOSAUR... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

This is HISTORY repeating itself....! It has taken 30 years to EDUCATE the public & the
MILL'S that this type of process is GARBAGE..! I am embarrassed that some on this post
promoting this process.. :oops: I would have HOPED that these cleaners would have
had the fortitude the RESIST the temptation to offer this INFERIOR process...!

SURELY...you can see that even the THEORY....of this process is FLAWED.... :!:
Forget about the HYPE & PIXIE DUST....It is COMMON SENSE that should tell you
that you canNOT emulsify & smear soil and contaminates around on the floor..!
AND NOT RINSE THEM OUT......................"plEasE"... :roll:

The REASON you cannot get these carpets to look properly CLEANED is quite obvious.. :idea:
You either have NOT applied the proper chemistry & technique's...or...you have INFERIOR
equipment and skill's..."PLAIN & SIMPLE"..... :!:

You guys are under the ILLUSION, that you are making more profit, having less expense.. :roll:

WHEN IN FACT...You are creating your own little "HOUSING BUBBLE"... :shock: :shock:
By lowering the VALUE of proper cleaning methods...You have opened up the commercial
market to HACK...It is only a matter of TIME before you cannot compete in the DUAL -
CLEANING MARKET... :idea: Either the competition will BREAK YOU with cheaper labor...
OR...The properties will purchase their OWN "sLimEMex" machines.."GET-IT ?"

"Good-Luck" at McDonald's ....BOYS... :oops: "You have only your IGNORANCE to rely ON"

This has been a moment with HARPER..!

"A BUSINESSMAN...NOT A JANITOR"

I did a commercial job this week that I thought turned out great.

I presprayed with prochem olefin cleaner and rinsed with the all fiber deep clean which is supposed to have polymers to prevent wick backs.

We scrubbed the prespray in, rinsed good, and set fans.

Needless to say a ton of drink spills wicked back.

The gm was happy, but I explained the stains should not have wicked back and that I would come back to fix it for him.

I ordered some encap juice from one of the suppliers on the board. That and some bonnets should make me a hero.

We'll see!

The carpet is clean as hell, but the sugary soda spills wicked back.

I just hate it when products don't work as advertised.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
DAN,

Wouldn't it make sense for you to POST PAD this type of JOB... :?:

It take 10min"s ..to have a helper running a 175 with a pad behind you... !gotcha!

NOW you have a RE-DUE... :roll:
What does that RESERVICE cost you.... :oops:

ps Has it ever occured to you cleaning GurU'S...that the GLIDES we now use on
commercial carpets...DO NOT FLUSH THE SAME AMOUT OF SOIL...as an un-glided wand.!

Other than a little "wand-chatter" and a little more strength...! Your results will be better.!
"Just run your RX & post pad"....You will SLEEP better @ night... !gotcha!

HARPER said:
DAN,

It take 10min"s ..to have a helper running a 175 with a pad behind you... !gotcha!

commercial carpets...DO NOT FLUSH THE SAME AMOUT OF SOIL...as an un-glided wand.!

Other than a little "wand-chatter" and a little more strength...! Your results will be better.!

We did post pad about 50 percent of the areas with cotton bonnets. I have done this place several times.

From now on we will steam clean, apply encap detergent, and then post pad.

Just padding alone did not work.

In fact just scrubbing and running a bonnet would likely yeild better results, but I can't do it.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
It's the damn CGD.

It only likes Encap......but don't tell Harp, it'll just piss him off.
Poor ole dinosaur! :p

Harper spend a day with me and I'll have your crews using low moisture before you know it. 8)

joe harper

Name
joe harper
danielc said:
HARPER said:
DAN,

We did post pad about 50 percent of the areas with cotton bonnets. I have done this place several times.

From now on we will steam clean, apply encap detergent, and then post pad.

Just padding alone did not work.

In fact just scrubbing and running a bonnet would likely yeild better results, but I can't do it.

CONGRADULATION'S.... :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

"DaH"... :roll:

You have just FALLEN into the category of...."POOR CHEMISTRY & FLAWED SKILL'S"... :oops:

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Jake Lonergan said:
It's the damn CGD.

It only likes Encap......but don't tell Harp, it'll just piss him off.
Poor ole dinosaur! :p

Harper spend a day with me and I'll have your crews using low moisture before you know it. 8)

F/U.....Jake.... :!:

Where is DOC...?
He is a REAL COWBOY..... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:

ps My guys won't work with mExican'S...they are RacIsT lil Turd"s... :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
The store is inside a busy shopping mall.

Truck mounts cannot be used due to safety and security rules which are enforced.

A portable is also not viable due to water supply and waste water disposal.

The two large offices are on the 11th & 13th floors.

The windows are sealed.

The stairwells are alarmed and only used in an emergency so a tm cannot be used.

Again, a portable is also not viable due to the a/c going off at 1:00pm Saturday and not back on again until 7:00am Monday.

The carpet is cleaned during those hours.

If the carpet is maintained well, and the operator knows what he/she is doing, there are many places that can be successfully cleaned with encap that will keep the customers happy.

Is not customer satisfaction one of our main aims. ??

Damp, smelly, moldy carpets don't keep them happy, nor the checks coming in.

Horses for courses.

If you don't agree, don't use this tool in the armory.

I'm sure "Doc" could treat you to some good medicine for your ailments.

shiteatinggrin

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I've never Encapped anything. So I can't speak on that.

Harper...You're crazy sometimes.

Just because your overhead is lower doesn't mean your prices have to be....But I know some guys go that route.

Any business is going to have cut throat antics....But just about any business will have it's quality oriented people.

Just because the Yugo is cheap and rolls...Doesn't mean a smart person is going to buy one when they can spend a little more for quality.

I like how Mikey said the CEO's want a certain process. That just shows you that smart in business isn't smart in every business...What kind of cleaning would that Microsoft guy "want"?

I sell clean....and so should everyone else.

Chavez is one of the most level headed, intelligent guys that I've ever seen post on this board or any other.

He's in the trenches and he's in the office. He's kept his Dads business going and growing.

ANyone here who doesn't listen to him is doing themselves a disservice.

Also I run unglided on about 90 percent of the jobs I do. There is no comparison in how much deeper it cleans.

Brian we will be following in your footsteps on some of the rentals with poly carpets.

I get it.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
SMart man Daniel...Don't let Harpo sway you one way or the other. :mrgreen:

It's all surface cleaning until you pull up the carpet. Lisa W is the only real cleaner on this board. :shock:

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Someone leave the door to the old folks home unlocked again?

What ranting!!

" In my day bla.. bla... bla......"

The nice security men will walk you back to your room Mr Harper and give you a pill for your nerves.

You won't even remember strolling away as you slip back to never never land.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
YES...I am CraZy...LIKE A FOX... !gotcha!

Trust me ....If I had posted my reply...BEFORE...Reverand Chavez...He wouldn't
have made his POST..... :shock: Because "he" loves me & would have WAITED for YOU
to fall into my "TRAP"......... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

WITH THAT SAID..... :arrow:

YOU..."mArY"...should KNOW ...better than most the hYpoCrIsY in this process...being
you were a CHeM-LyE orphan... :idea:

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Mr. Harper.

I cleaned the carpet with Chem Dry....it was all the other BS that made it a crappy company.

It's the dude cleaning....And you know that you big lug.

Chem-Dry had a Procyon-Esk cleaning agent and it was just bonnet cleaning...then dual process with a porty ...and now TMs

Who's the Harpocrite now? Hmmm ?

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Dave Yoakum said:
Someone leave the door to the old folks home unlocked again?

What ranting!!

" In my day bla.. bla... bla......"

The nice security men will walk you back to your room Mr Harper and give you a pill for your nerves.

You won't even remember strolling away as you slip back to never never land.

REALLY.............."pHucKtarD".... :roll: :roll: :roll:

Thank goodness...you didn't AGREE with me in this post... !dork!

I WOULD HAVE LOST ...any remaining CredIbIlitY.... :oops:

Good Luck FisHinG... !gotcha!

I hear you are QUITE THE "GraPPleR fIsHerMaN"....in your custy's BATHTUB.... :oops: :oops:

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Brian R said:
Mr. Harper.

I cleaned the carpet with Chem Dry....it was all the other BS that made it a crappy company.

It's the dude cleaning....And you know that you big lug.

Chem-Dry had a Procyon-Esk cleaning agent and it was just bonnet cleaning...then dual process with a porty ...and now TMs

Who's the Harpocrite now? Hmmm ?

NOT funny haha...Funny QUEER.... :idea:

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Mikey P said:
Hey Hefner, did you read where I said I get .40 to scampOo it?

KMA.

YOu better get .60....in that sHit-hoLe..money grabbing state you live-in... :shock:

You HAVE TO GET @ least.40...to cover the FUEL in that VORTEX...to haul the sLimex... :oops:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom