Seriously, anyone here used powdered Tide as a prespray?

hogjowl

Idiot™
Yeah, I tried it once on a rental house after my idol posted he used it. I know he was joking, but it made me wonder. Stuff cleaned great. Don't ask me how well it rinsed, cuz I dunno. Don't ask me about pH, cuz I dunno. Don't ask me nuthin, cuz I don't know ... or care.

Regular JJ cleans just as good.

That reminds me ... I need to start a thread asking why you people need S&G when the regular is so good?

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
The powdered does have a higher ph than the liquid which is around 8.

Now try some liquid tide for a furniture prespray.

Fabric,laundry,furniture,fabric......detergents duh!

Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Charlie Lyman
I cleaned some car mats this morning for a customer. She said she used laundry detergent to clean them before. I didn't ask what kind or how she did it.
My hoses foamed up and I lost suction because of it:

8bc33228.jpg

442806a7.jpg

0d22507f.jpg

I would be curious to know how well simple green cleans when scrubbed with a 175 and fwr.

It can't leave any more residue behind than power strike, extreme clean, or any other high ph prespray.

The reason I ask is because before I got into cleaning carpets my parents always used it in hoover. It made the carpet smell good and got all the spots out. That was with a weak hoover.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
I can't believe all the people using weird shit for prespray, I get 81 gallons of RTU product from 1 gallon of ultra-pak traffic clean, thats like 40 cents a gallon. if I use 3 gallons on a house which is being generous whats that like a $1.20 in chemical?? in any even I am using less than $2 in chemical to clean a house. why in the hell would I use simple green or tide??

Name
I'm Rick James
I make over $7,000 off one gallon of $50 a gallon Trashed Green. The stuff is AMAZING.

Name
I'm Rick James
Yes, I use an inline sprayer and use as directed. Not 100% sure on how much i make off one gallon, that was just a guesstimate.

Even had a Yelper leave a review about it.

I'm very sensitive to any kind of cleaning chemicals and I was very nervous of getting our carpets cleaned. I found Go Green Carpet Cleaning and was surprised to see that the product that they use to clean the carpets with was awarded the CRI Green Seal of Approval in 2006. Go Green Carpet Cleaning came out and cleaned our carpets and did a great job!! Afterwards the carpets dried within hours and there was absolutely no chemical smell. Would definitely recommend Go Green Carpet Cleaning.

All American Badass.. 8)

Bob Foster

Charlie Lyman said:
I cleaned some car mats this morning for a customer. She said she used laundry detergent to clean them before. I didn't ask what kind or how she did it.
My hoses foamed up and I lost suction because of it:

8bc33228.jpg

442806a7.jpg

0d22507f.jpg

Well I guess you didn't know that Liquid Downey Fabric Softener works like a hot damn as a defoamer and its cheaper the hell!

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
'Round these parts, and maybe in your town, liquid Tide is now kept behind a counter and has the special theft prevention tag on it. Why?? Cause it's the most stolen item from the store shelves. It's easier to trade for drugs.......it brings about $10 a bottle. The local Walmart was losing $1000's a week in Tide theft, until they locked it up.

And no.....I've never tried Tide.......as a carpet cleaner.

Name
Lee Stockwell
I believe the "stolen Tide epidemic" was an early April Fool's story that got picked up by several news sources.

Doesn't have the ring of truth.

Liquid Tide with Bleach alternative will stomp many "real" products in side by side tests.

Connor

Name
Connor
Werter said:
Yes, I use an inline sprayer and use as directed. Not 100% sure on how much i make off one gallon, that was just a guesstimate.

Even had a Yelper leave a review about it.

I'm very sensitive to any kind of cleaning chemicals and I was very nervous of getting our carpets cleaned. I found Go Green Carpet Cleaning and was surprised to see that the product that they use to clean the carpets with was awarded the CRI Green Seal of Approval in 2006. Go Green Carpet Cleaning came out and cleaned our carpets and did a great job!! Afterwards the carpets dried within hours and there was absolutely no chemical smell. Would definitely recommend Go Green Carpet Cleaning.

That sounds incredibly made up. :lol:

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Connor said:
Werter said:
had a Yelper leave a review about it.

Not really. I've had a few customers mention how sensitive they are to chemical smells.I tell them to take a chill pill, the Grease Eraser I use highly diluted in the inline sprayer has virtually no odor. They never seem to notice any smell. Showing the custy a nicely labeled product like Trashed Green with a CRI Green SOA could put one of these neurotics at ease. My GE is in a Folgers container so that wouldn't work.

Dmreed4311

Supportive Member
Name
David Reed
There is a local cleaner in my area who just happened to be cleaning at one of the apartment complexes i work for. He was set up by the office so when I was returning keys I looked in his van and he had about ten empty liquid tide bottles on the floor of his van, funny thing was that the name of his company started with Citrus.

Name
I'm Rick James
Art Kelley said:
Connor said:
Werter said:
had a Yelper leave a review about it.

Not really. I've had a few customers mention how sensitive they are to chemical smells.I tell them to take a chill pill, the Grease Eraser I use highly diluted in the inline sprayer has virtually no odor. They never seem to notice any smell. Showing the custy a nicely labeled product like Trashed Green with a CRI Green SOA could put one of these neurotics at ease. My GE is in a Folgers container so that wouldn't work.

With the name Go Green, I usually get customers like that every week. I use nothing but Trashed Green, even have the MSDS on my website.

If you think that sounded made up check out this Yelp review..

Im not like Surdi and make up fake reviews, you don't need to if you just do good work.. I'm just an all American badass, thats good at what he does. 8) I call this the perfect review...

I have been avoiding getting my carpets professionally cleaned because I was concerned about letting strangers into my home. I had planned on renting a commercial grade cleaner and cleaning myself but once I heard the price and really thought out the effort of doing it myself (I have 2 small kids), I decided to call around. I had seen the Go Green van on 405 and thought since I have a crawling child, I'd call them first. Not only were their prices very competetive and clear cut (I hate companies who say "we'll have to see how much it'll be" or have a million add on charges that are undisclosed - Go Green was straight forward and clear about their pricing structure) but the scheduling was easy! I even had to change the scheduled time as I forgot about my child's swim lessons and Brent was very accomodating.
They came, started right in, and finished in under 1.5 hours. All of the stains are gone. My expectations were exceeded! I will be calling again!
Very courteous, answered all of my questions, and were timely.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom