Seriously, If you were not a carpet cleaner,

Erik

Supportive Member
Name
Erik
When I was in school and the teacher asked, "what would like to be when you grow up?" I always wanted to be a Mechanic. So, how the hell did I end up being a carpet cleaner?

Name
Evets
I would be a full time ebayer.
Sports collectibles,Coins, and Civil War memorabilia.
I've been seriously collecting for about 3 years now, and have some pretty good stuff.
I've been collecting coins all of my life.
Going to take it up a knotch in February and open an ebay store(Jamcollectibles).

joe harper

Name
joe harper
steamclean said:
You would be doing what?

Being the OWNER.......... :wink:

...........or............

You will end up...like hArriET... :(

So BrOkE..."That he has to...jAcK-Off the dog...Just to fEEd the CAT...." :shock:

:mrgreen:

RIP IT

Name
Chris
HARPER said:
steamclean said:
You would be doing what?

So BrOkE..."That he has to...jAcK-Off the dog...Just to fEEd the CAT...." :shock:

:mrgreen:

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Hahahahaha pissing myself at that. Haven't heard that one before ( gotta stop living on other planets )..

Pro golfer.

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
With different priorities in my life I would have become an architect, probably doing the design/build thing for high end residential. I've always loved playing with and balancing space, form, views, use and light for a specific site.

But carpet cleaning gave me freedom and for that I am grateful.

Steve "Island Boy" Toburen
http://www.StrategiesForSuccess.com

PS Funny how many of us "accidentally fell" into this industry. At every Strategies seminarI always ask how many actually knew when they were growing up that they wanted to be a carpet cleaner? In over 70 SFS seminars and close to 3,000 attendees I think maybe five people have raised their hand ...

SFC

I am 52 and still don't know what I want to be when I grow up. I want to try everything and I am not afraid to do it.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
meAt said:
steamclean said:
You would be doing what?

double ought spy
or deliver pizzas

..L.T.A.

Or both.

I was thinking more about this and I thought.
I would have loved to have been a rock star...but that's more of a dream than an alternative.

If it wasn't for getting into carpet cleaning full time I would still probably work the City of Sunnyvale. It was a great job...and of course great benefits and retirement and all that but...
Too safe. I saw all the old guys that had been there for 30 some years and I just couldn't see me in that position.
I guess it's ok for some...or most...but I would rather try to make the millions and lose big than makes the thousands and be safe.
We all die anyway...it was almost like they were waiting around for it.

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
Brian Robison said:
I would rather try to make the millions and lose big than makes the thousands and be safe.
We all die anyway...it was almost like they were waiting around for it.
Spoken like a true entrepreneur, Brian. For me, it honestly never has been ONLY about the money. (Not that I am against building wealth because financial freedom gives you the option to live life on your terms.) But for me, business has always been more about "the game".

Steve "Island Boy" Toburen
http://www.StrategiesForSuccess.com

PS Now of course like any game you need to keep business from becoming an obsession and crowding out "the more important things in life". A thin line that I have not always successfully walked ...

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Probably computer programming or running a pizza shop. I did both for awahile and did OK.

Scott W.

enviropure

I'd be a pastor or missionary. We are actually considering some long-term mission work right now. Not sure if we will sell our business or just own/run it from South America...

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I'd have to go back a couple of choices, but I could go computer programming, or still be in the military. Or back in cold Ontario doing something but I'd be closer to my family.

Oh Oh, I know. I'd be a vacuum salesman :lol:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom