Seriously Now.........

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
I need a good......no, great pre-spray that will disolve grease on a resturant tile floor. I checked one out today, and the Viper venoms, the Grease eraser, the Citrus Solve ain't gonna cut it. I need something that will ABSOLUTELY disolve the grease before I put the SX12 to it. I don't want to hear about something you heard about.....I need answers from a cleaner that really cleans ass-nasty greasy kitchen floors.

Thanks to all that have answers.

carpetcleaner

Name
Rob Litwin
You can find really good degreasers in auto parts stores, Walmart, Target, Lowe's, ect. Should cost you less than $10 per gallon. Look for something with butyl.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Steam Way's Enzyme TLC. Mix it up in the mopbucket with as hot as water as you can get. Buy it it doesn't kick ass i'll give you your money back except the shipping.

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
Cobbs powermax powder... That stuff has retard strength. Just rinse it well.

I got clotheslined by a kid with down syndrome when i was in middle school. true story.

Ryan

If the tile isn't sealed use cheap floor stripper. Dilute 3:1 or so and let it sit for about 10 minutes. Works almost like magic, and only cost about $35 for a 5 gallon bucket from Lowes or Sams Club. Just don't try to use it on vct isn't worth a crap.

Hit it with a 175 and red pad then use a grout brush on the grout if you have too.

P

pitmaster

Betco Liquid Chisel Max Degreaser work's great or ZEP Industrial Purple Cleaner & Degreaser
you can get Zep at home depots for 10.00 and it work's great

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
I may try some stripper or the Zep degreaser. I got the power ( I can crank the Genny 59 to over 2000psi) and the heat, but if I can't soften up that grease, it ain't worth it to bust ass on this job.

harryhides

Name
Tony
Whatever you use will works ten times better it you hit it with live steam before rinsing it off.

The real issue here is no matter how good it looks when you are done the floor will look like crap in two weeks after they sling a dirty mop around with degreaser.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
danielc said:
The real issue here is no matter how good it looks when you are done the floor will look like crap in two weeks after they sling a dirty mop around with degreaser.

Daniel......you are right. It's the typical "slop on the mop water and slop it back up". It'll be filthy in 2 weeks.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
Are you dealing with those orange/red mexican clay tiles we typically see in restaurants, or is it a typical ceramic ?

If its the orange/red, I'd watch the high PSI. Mechanical agitation is going to be your friend in that situation.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
OK......I may try the Zep or Purple Power, and floor stripper. The question is.......will the stripper dry and cause problems in the waste tank? There is a lot of airflow going through that tank, and it will dry out strippers in a hurryy, I would think. I do use an APO, so it would drain regularly, if it doesn't clog.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
animal fat+enzymes+hot water=clean floor

Why you would want to put stripper down on animal fat is beyond me and using a degreaser that is made for petroluem will work but not as effective. You can dink around or just use the best enzyme pre-spray you have. I like Steam Way's Enzyme TLC for resturant hard floors as the synthetic enzymes like really really hot water which you can get out of the hot water sink in the resturant. Powerburst or prozyme or any other enzyme will work great but no one I have told to use Steam Way has changed after trying it.

What do I know though :roll:

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge

Sorry, John......I've been hearin' what your sayin'. I did get some SW Enzyme TLC from my local guy.......right around the corner.....Express Distributing near Canton, Ohio. It should come tomorrow. He took over the old Ohio Steamway Distributors.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom