Service Area's

Are there area's that you guys will not service? There are some area's around Rochester that are really gangster....how do you go about telling people that you don't service there area without disrespecting them?

Should I just refer those jobs another cleaner in the area thats willing to go there?

JB which of your phone numbers should I give them?

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
Align yourself with a cleaner from that area and refer business to him. I do it here on apt jobs, small jobs, and misc stuff that I cannot or don't want to do.

Refer for food!!

Jim Williams

Name
Jim Williams
Sorry Ma'am, that's a little farther than I travel.

I get a few of those every now and then. Last time I took a job in the hood it was at a school. I was going to take some office chairs out to the sidewalk by my van to clean. The girl in the office said "You feel safe out on THAT side walk?"

Meanwhile there was a shooting a block away and the students couldn't get on thier buses until the shooter was caught.

Just another ordinary day in the hood!

hogjowl

Idiot™
The worst the economy gets, the more of the "Bob type" customers I find myself willing to clean for.

But I refuse to use traffic lane paper!

Jose Smith

Here is a good reason to have a target market. Don't try to clean for everybody.

Jose Smith

V

vegijohn

I'll service some of the ghetto areas in San Francisco if they call me. Once you get divorced in California you no longer fear death. Go through the Phucked up Child support system and you'll might even have a death wish. Keep it wrapped boys.

Jose Smith said:
Here is a good reason to have a target market. Don't try to clean for everybody.

Jose Smith
Good point I have a "riffle marketing" plan....

-JB-

Name
JB
Did have ONE a few years ago, down off Hudson, lil'ole lady, nasty appt. carpets paid cash, no issues.

Seriously, if you position your self well you won't have a problem w/it, but for the love of God, your just starting out, take whom ever pays the bills. Franchise or no, it's still up to YOU to fail or succeed.

Best a luck to ya!

PS.
Just don't put those certain zip codes on your web-site if you don't wanna werk there.

I'm not saying that I'm going to turn away jobs but JB you know some of the area's around here(NY)....a few years ago I had a job cleaning with another company off of Joseph Ave and when I got there, there was a "shrine" of beer bottles and empty liquer bottles around the tree in the front yard(someone was shot the night before there)....every time we work in those area's....they book apointments and aren't home...Everytime...bad checks and stolen credit card issues....want the cheapest price and 9 times out of 10 its the dirtiest carpet to clean...on top of all that my main concern is having stuff stolen out of my truck and dealing with getting paid....

Rob Lyon

Name
Rob Lyon
Great Posts guys, definatly identify you target market, I would not be charging what I do today if it wasn't for JB
and Ron Lippold. Just get as much exposure as you can (in the right area's).

Good Luck!!

-JB-

Name
JB
Rob,

every time we work in those area's....they book apointments and aren't home...Everytime...bad checks and stolen credit card issues....want the cheapest price and 9 times out of 10 its the dirtiest carpet to clean...on top of all that my main concern is having stuff stolen out of my truck and dealing with getting paid....

not be redundundant but... there are numerous ways to avoid all those headaches,

confirmation calls
informative confirmation letters
pre-qualification when booking

If your really gonna target "high end" (i HATE that term btw), you will need to go a step above and beyond from start to finish. Not only do they very often expect it and deserve it, but if your seriously gonna try to get 60-90 cents a sq., you darn well better deliver or your gonna starve... eventually.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom