service magic

Bucey

Name
FFA?
is this worth the $ $13 a lead that get sent to me and two others so they say. It sounds like a crap shot. I've been blowing this guy off for about a year. Just seems one sided.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I've done it...I think their whole system is flawed.

The only reason to maaaaybe do it is the link to your site and sometimes your ads will show up on Google.

I believe that not all the leads get sent out at the same time...and that's not fairplay.

If I had more control over it...I would be ok with it.

I would be calling a customer within seconds of a getting an email or text and they would have already scheduled with another company that called them.

That told me I was getting leads about 10 minutes after the other guy....didn't always happen...but it happened enough for me to call BS on the whole deal.

My ads from years ago will still float around.

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
Not worth it for me at all.
Every lead sent to me I called back and a decision had already been made.
Either bogus referals or not sent out at the same time

dgargan

After several years with them I just stopped my account. Over the past several years I saw a 3-1 return despite the fact that I was only able to reach a small % of the leads that came in. Maybe 2 out if 10. This past year it has jumped to 2-20. People are using Service Magic more as a quick quote service and then calling around to other cleaners getting prices. Also they added 2 more cleaners to my area that also get the same leads. It used to be just 3 of us. Another thing they did about a year and half ago was drop the requirement for carpet cleaners to have liability ins. That let in a lot of low ballers and it went down hill from there.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
i finally told them to shove off....

see my $5 a mth saved me $13 a lead that i may or may not get :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Becker

Name
Becker
I tried them last year about this time.

I use an IPhone with Emails pushed.. And I was getting texted the leads.
So no delay in me calling back. Honestly I'd call back with in a min of getting the text.
I almost never got ahold on anyone when I called, I'd call back leave messages, never a reply. I'd follow up with calls the next day.
I'd send emails, never a reply.

The times I did get though, they were not ready to get the work done.. LOL

Had one guy testing the system, ( got a refund on that one )

I got one job from it..

Save your money for something else.

I'll never do it again..

Funny thing was, when I signed up they wanted $150 to set me up.. I told them I would think about it over the weekend. They then waved the fee if I'd sign up right then and there.

I did so, figured I had nothing to lose.

SM sez all contractors are prescreened.. LOL!!!
I got my 1st lead before I even submitted all my info.
No prescreening.

All they want to do is line their pockets.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Becker is right.

But in all honesty it's a good or even great idea.

Problem is their system is flawed.

They really need to rework it somehow.

If you're going to pay for individual leads...they had better be pretty damn legit. Not a wrestling match.

I think it promotes bad competition.

That was one of the reasons I started my Network. Everyone kind of working together and yet staying in our cities of choice. Only one company per category per area.

If I ever get as big as Service Magic, I think it will keep working.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom