Service Monster cards

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
On the last line of the cards it offers a discount or a touch up special. This line is killing me. All of the cheap people just wait till they get their discount to call or the min charge people call for a touch up. They want me to come out for less than min. Thinking about just taking the line out.
Suggestions.

Reactions: Able 1

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
We changed that.

We reward our regular customers, not the ones we never hear from.

20% off if within 6 months
10% off if within a year

They are displayed on the 3 and 9 month cards, reminding them of the discount.

It works!

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
do you still give a discount if they just do a minimum charge job every time? I have a lot of customers with just a couple of bedrooms of carpet.

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
maybe change to offer to something you can live with?

I'm amazed how little of a discount I have to give in order to get them to respond. I use to give Holiday Cards ( not Xmas cards because I serve all people) with $20 off offer--- I lowered it to $15 and still a great response-- then lower it to $10 and still a great response. I stopped mailing holiday cards and decided to take vacations instead..

I give bigger discounts on our higher profit margin services when I send out reminder cards. ie. 10% off furniture or area rug cleaning When they have carpets cleaned.

At the beginning of May we were very busy and I was going on vacation so I decided to save some money and Not send out reminder cards this month. This may have been a mistake because we have many gaps in next week schedule-- but maybe it will fill up by week's end?

Reactions: dgardner

Mikey P

Administrator
Dear John,
It May Be Time for a Touch-Up It's been 6 months since our last visit. You may have found areas that need extra attention from regular traffic, pets or accidental spills. We wanted to let you know about our Timely Touch-up Service. For less cost than a complete carpet cleaning, we can help you maintain the beauty of your home or business and save you money in the long run. Don't wait until the problem is an embarrassment or a permanent stain. If you can wait until we are in your neighborhood often times we can do a quick touch up for as little as $100 for expert spot/dry cleaning or $150 for "Truckmounted" extraction (up to 300 square feet) or have every thing re-cleaned for 10% off within 6 months of the original cleaning!
Thank you again for your business! Sincerely, Mike & Paula

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
20% off is a pretty steep discount in my opinion. Maybe I'm just a cheapskate.
Maybe.

The customers that happily call us every few months are our favorite. Yes it's a good discount, but that's the point. Most of our customers wait too long. We want to meet them half way in changing that.

Our minimum charge still stands. Never an issue. These are our best customers.

hogjowl

Idiot™
I thought I'd finally gotten all the discount crap off my SM cards! They came out with a new one? Now I have to go to all the freaking trouble of contacting them and having it changed! AGAIN!

And right in my busiest time of the year!

jkowalski

Name
Joe Kowalski
Marty!

Rodger emailed you too but we did NOT make changes to your cards. We only do so when a request is made. You have no offers offered in your cards.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom