Service Monster Mobile

Newman

Name
Chris Newman
Has anyone used Service Monster on both Ipad and tablet platforms? Does the program function equally well on both systems? Does the program open and run fast enough on the mobile devices to book jobs on the fly while you are on the phone with a customer?

Thank you.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Great thread. Good information. I have an I-Phone which I do not particularly like. It has caused me to second guess possibly purchasing an I-Pad. I was under the impression, for some reason, that the I-Pad was the only mobile device that SM worked on. Apparently that is incorrect.

What do you not like about the I-Pad in conjunction with SM use?

How is the tablet better?

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
An iPad is a tablet. It's Apples version of a tablet. Any tablet will work with SM since it is web based. I use an iPhone 5 and an iPad mini and believe in staying in the same operating system. If you like Android, then get the Galaxy Nexus 7 ($199 for 16 gig wifi version is a steal) to go with your current smarty phone. One knock against Apple is that I cannot talk on the iPhone and schedule a job at the same time because of the tethering limitations. I will probably have to spend another $20 per month for a hotspot.

Russ Terhaar
The Clean Machine of Iowa LLC
www.thegreatcleanmachine.com

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Other than the tethering capabilities that the iPhone lacks, the iPad works great for scheduling jobs...but so would an Android or Windows "tablet". This is because SM is web based. It's funny to see how some guys who are probably really good cleaners are technically challenged. Get comfortable with the technology guys. It will benefit your business in a lot of ways. I didn't get hooked up with SM until probably December '12 but I wish I would have sooner. You will love SM with any tablet (iPad, Android, Windows) almost equally or the gripe is with SM itself.

Russ Terhaar
The Clean Machine of Iowa LLC
www.thegreatcleanmachine.com

Dan

Supportive Member
Name
Dan
I use an iPad which is a Verizon unit with built in data services. They do cost more than a standard iPad but it sure is nice to be always online and ready to go no matter where you are as long as service is available. I really like my iPad and VERY soon we will be able to get on ServiceMonster full version.

Reactions: Russ T.
Back
Top Bottom