Service Monster users

Name
Jesse
When booking jobs do you or your csr enter the data directly into the program while on the phone or do record it another way and then enter it later?

Answers appreciated

Barry-QDCC

Supportive Member
Name
Barry Rhoads
We have a paper form that we use to fill out as we talk to the customer. After hanging up we transfer to SM. I've found it faster and easier to do it this way. All the contact info, what is being done, pricing and scheduling info all on one sheet. And you can go back and verify later if there is a question. Plus you can have forms with you everywhere you go, never know when you will schedule a job without a computer around.

Reactions: TomKing and Mikey P

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Tom King had either a good thread or an article on this or both. Try the search function, i don't want to butcher it.

jmo

Supportive Member
Name
Jeremy
That's what I don't like about SM, you have to go through to many pages to get someone scheduled.

Mikey P

Administrator
big difference in booking an old customer and creating a profile for new one time wise.

I can't imagine what it would be like to be an O/O and deal with the phones all day and run the Mop.

Never did that, always had someone to answer.

If my DSL is pumping fast I actually enjoy creating a new one, I can chitter chatter with them while moving around, use google maps to make sure they are where they say they are (too often the Googleman can't find their home if the Prius-cam has not driven down their road yet) and make sure to get their email..

but I don't do it very often. Full Circle answers 95% of my calls

I would like to know how a large company like Hagopian does it...

kingjoelking

Supportive Member
I use my Phone all the time it just irritates the Hell out Of me . my Wife Takes the Calls at home and writes on a Form. a real APP would Be So Useful . Mhelp desk has an App That is really easy to use on the phone or Tablet it Just didnt have enough CRM features.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
My wife enters info directly into SM but I agree, it's way too much for me to deal with while out on the van. SM's value seems to be more in customer retention rather than scheduling convenience. That being said, I couldn't go back to paper.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

kingjoelking

Supportive Member
If you're only using it for scheduling there are better options.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

hogjowl

Idiot™
Personally, I am only using it for its postcard follow up system. They call it "fill my schedule", but it doesn't. It does help though. If Quick Books had a way of tracking service dates and reminder times, I'd have no use for SM.

Name
Kevin McCreary
I have done it both ways. You better have a fast Internet connection a headseat and be able to type to do direct entry. Normally we do it on paper first. We call it a hard copy. Then it gets transferred to SM. We have a file cabinet with 63 folders in it labeled 1 thru 31 and 1 thru 31 in order and one extra for jobs booked way out. Each hard copy goes in to the folder of the day of the month it is. If the Internet goes out, servicemonster goes down or I didn't pay the cable bill, everything is still there on paper.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Barry-QDCC

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom