service monster

hogjowl

Idiot™
Do you guys still feel the same 2.75 YEARS later about FMS?
For the most part, I still like it, or I wouldn't still be using it.
It's frustrating sometimes. Simple things that you'd expect a computer to do, it won't do. It hangs up on occasion and that is maddening.

But it's still MUCH better than what I was doing before I got it, and from what I can tell, it's no WORSE than anything else on the market.

WillS

Supportive Member
Name
Will
I've heard good things about it. Once we get everything into our database program we use now IE: customer info, we are going to switch over to service monster. Seems much easier for tracking the 6 month cards, reminders, thank yous, etc.

Barry-QDCC

Supportive Member
Name
Barry Rhoads
I should have been more specific about my question.

I'm not so much interested in the opinion of Service Monster (as I've been using it for several years now) I'm more interested in what the opinion is about the "Fill MY Schedule" function of SM. That I don't use. And really from those guys that have been using for quite a while. Sometimes we get something that we think is great and after a very short use of the product we are on the internet bragging about it and then a year down the road it becomes not so fantastic.

TomKing

Supportive Member
Name
Tom
Barry Its not you.

We used it when we started out and did not have office staff. It was nice that it was easy. The cost is high per piece. I am sure it is fare based on the service just high per piece.

If you send out 500 per month as we do it adds up.

We do not use the paid service as of now.

We have developed our own cards and our staff prints label's each month for the 3,6,9,etc reminders.

They then assemble and mail them out between calls.

The cost saving's in doing it your self pays part of your CSR expense.

We are young company entering our 6th year. We get these back every month.

Last edited:
Reactions: Barry-QDCC

Barry-QDCC

Supportive Member
Name
Barry Rhoads
We used it when we started out and did not have office staff. It was nice that it was easy. The cost is high per piece. I am sure it is far based on the service just high per piece.

If you send out 500 per month as we do it adds up.

You are just confirming what I already know in my brain but it's one of those things you need someone else to tell you too. It's always cheaper to do things like this yourself - IF you do do it yourself or have your employees do it. That's the catch! I know how to print design and print cards, set up criteria for the labels, print labels -etc. The problem is I don't make time for it. I'm a one man band (and happy that way), my wife works a full time job herself, all my kids are grown and gone (I use to pay them a penny for each label they applied to a card) and I just don't take the time or have the discipline to set down and do it myself.

After all I have to spend my time in the evenings sitting in my easy chair, checking out facebook and Mikey's Board on my laptop and watching "Sons of Anarchy" on Netflix. I don't have time for that postcard stuff! :headbang:

Reactions: TomKing

PrimaDonna

Megatron
Name
MB
We use it. Like it a lot. May be more pricy than some others or doing I'm house, but not compared to my time spent doing other things that greater benefit's our company.

My favorite feature over the years had been watching my repeat customer percentage keep rising!

Reactions: Bryan S. Bennett

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
It's awesome. It has given us a platform to grow with us without getting in the way. I have so many other things to worry about, I don't feel like dealing with it when I get done with a long day. It's far cheaper for me than to pay someone to do it or do it myself. My time is worth $, so is yours.

Fill My Schedule is one of the most important pieces in our effort to gain regular, residential customers.

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
I use it and have good results. The expense is small compared to not doing it. So I will continue to use it until I am sure we are ready to do it ourselves. Maybe take over thank you cards and three months to start.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom