ServiceMonster Announces New Payment Processing Feature

Mikey P

Administrator
http://www.servicemonster.net/2015/02/19/servicemonster-announces-new-payment-processing-feature/

We’re excited to announce a new ServiceMonster feature: payment processing! You are now able to process credit card payments in the mobile version of ServiceMonster through Authorize.Net.

We know that this has been something that people have been asking for consistently, so we’re very excited to finally debut it!

Integrating Authorize.Net with your ServiceMonster account and processing credit cards is simple.

First, you’ll want to set up Authorize.Net*. Their Pricing Plan page is where you’ll go to sign up, and there you’ll also find information on the cost per transaction, monthly gateway charge, and more. Once approved, you’ll want to log into your Authorize.Net account and then follow the directionshere for setting it up. When the set up is completed, check out instructions on how to process a credit card.

After you’ve set up the payment processor in Marketplace, you’ll see Process Charge is now listed after you clicked on New Payment in an order.

mobile-process-charge-300x72.png

Here you’ll enter in the credit card information, update the address if necessary, and then run the charge. After the transaction completes successfully, you’ll have the option to email the customer a receipt.

mobile-email-receipt.png

The details of the charge will be entered into the Payment details, with the Ref. No. showing the transaction ID, and the Memo citing the card type, last 4 digits of the card number, and the charged amount.

mobile-payment-details-300x158.png

And that’s all there is to it! We hope this new feature makes your daily workflow go much smoother.

* Authorize.Net has been a popular and trusted payment partner since 1996. They accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, JCB, and Diner’s Club. They are also PCI compliant, and they offer fraud protectionas well as online account management.

Reactions: dgardner

knoxclean

Supportive Member
Name
David Gargan
https://www.authorize.net/solutions/merchantsolutions/pricing/
pricing_pgma.png

Mike Draper

Why would someone be under a contract and pay higher fees along with what I'm sure are some hidden cost they dont tell you about rather than square? I cant see many carpet cleaners going this route.

Reactions: Russ T.

Dan

Supportive Member
Name
Dan
I called to inquire and quickly figured out if you already have a processor and want to keep them you pay your current fees and the authorize.net fees as established. Not for me.

knoxclean

Supportive Member
Name
David Gargan
I don't understand why S.M. who has built a good name with their software pick 2 outside vendors to add to the S.M. program that are both way over priced and not useful to the average cleaner. The online scheduling program and the cc deal are a lousy fit for Service Monster.

jkowalski

Name
Joe Kowalski
Thanks for the kind words about ServiceMonster David.

Sigh. I'll try to break this up for you guys.

First: Authorize.net is both a GATEWAY and a MERCHANT. Those are two very different things. We use Authorize.net as a gateway for our banks merchant services. Our rate is a flat 2.06%. So can you. If your merchant can use Authorize.net as a gateway then you can utilize this feature.

BUT: I didn't build Authorize.net into ServiceMonster. I used an engineering technique called an [interface]. This allows us to snap in other providers like Square and Balanced (the 1.99% fee everyone is all goo goo over (but read the fine print)) and so on and so forth. Authorize.net was the first gateway we implemented. The others should be quick and easy for the engineering team to hook up after we have created an accounts based on your feedback. ServiceMonster has a lot of buying power. We processed over $280,000,000 in payment records in 2014.

Marketplace Vendors: Marketplace is brand new. Vendors are now building solutions for integration solutions which will give our clients more and more options. If you don't want the tool don't use it. FittleBug was first to market (hence the price) but they are from the carpet cleaning industry. Pricing is another matter but the fact remains they are currently the only option. If you want to build you own webform the ServiceMonster API will allow you to do that.

Look at it like this: Do you bitch about Apple for the iPhone apps you don't want? I am working hard to eliminate the MLM, exclusivity, good-old-boys mentality in this industry. Marketplace is an open and free market. Including competing services. Because, as I have told Steve, ServiceMonster will have it's own version of Webforms. Right alongside FittleBug.

The choice, I leave to you.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom