Setting yelp on fire!

Becker

Name
Becker
8 new reviews in less than 2 days with more to come.

Funny and frustrating how yelp filters so many. Even with verification measures in Place.

Got a 2 star review that seems odd. But not filtered. Even the user name is suspect. Oh well

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
I've put my time and $ elsewhere, and I also have over 18 filtered reviews...

Becker

Name
Becker
Just got another..

Had one for awhile. But it got filters.

We will see how many survive the strict yelp filter.

Becker

Name
Becker
yelp.jpg

ayetti

I was really pushing yelp with customers for awhile because it seemed much easier to get them to leave a yelp review, but they all end up behind a captcha. Some do come back but it just frustrated me.

Name
I'm Rick James
Yelp was very kind to me last month. I had 10 jobs that came from Yelp that used my $75 for $100 deal I was offering and 3 other that came off Yelp that for some reason didn't purchase the deal.

I think Yelp is priceless, the reviews add so much to a business. All last month I heard I saw your reviews and eager to get schedule an appointment. :shock:

Yelp is weird when it comes to how they operate... Before last month I only had 3 visible reviews but 10 filtered, but once I sold a few Yelp deals they added some filtered reviews from over a year ago back on the main page. So now I have 7 visible reviews and yes still a 5 star bad ass.

The way they pay is weird too, they mail you a check. Out of the ten Yelp deal I sold, I am projected to get 4 different checks from them within a 5 week period. I am still waiting to get paid on jobs I did mid last month.

IMHO, peer reviews are huge and if you don't use Yelp as a marketing tool you are behind the times and making a VERY BIG MISTAKE!!!

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
Must be a west coast thing, Not many around here(chicago) have heard of yelp.

Name
I'm Rick James
jcooper said:
Must be a west coast thing, Not many around here(chicago) have heard of yelp.

Yelp just went public and worth some cash now.. I do think Yelp is marketed more in some areas vs others.

S

sam miller

Ps Yelp doesnt want You to solicit reviews. So offering a discount to get a review is bad? how would it change the facts if its a good or bad job?

They also want people who review more and more not just one time and people who check in places.

I had a Yelp link 2 reviews got filtered so I kicked the link and wont mention them again if people use it fine!

I was reviewing alot of businesses but now I'm like forget that.

Name
I'm Rick James
sam miller said:
Ps Yelp doesnt want You to solicit reviews. So offering a discount to get a review is bad? how would it change the facts if its a good or bad job?

They also want people who review more and more not just one time and people who check in places.

I had a Yelp link 2 reviews got filtered so I kicked the link and wont mention them again if people use it fine!

I was reviewing alot of businesses but now I'm like forget that.

I don't think Yelp cares how the reviews come to be, just as long as they get traffic and money from the deal on there. They are a publicly traded business now.

I get a shit tone of work from Yelp and they also help me get on google first page because of their listing so its an awesome marketing tool, one of my best. If you are frustrated with it, keep plugging at it, even if they filter you reviews.. not every one of your reviews will be filtered unless they come from the same IP address.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom