SFS Contest POLL- VOTE NOW!!!!!!

Who needs SFS the most?

• Total voters

billyeadon

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Yeadon
This month we are having a contest for free entry to your choice of SFS classes in 2009.

Imagine getting to spend several days with the Island Boy.

This is a very simple contest. Any BDCC is welcome to try. Just write a short essay on why you deserve to get a free seat at any SFS class in 2009. Post your heartfelt essay on Mikeys Board.

Remaining classes will be in

Dallas March 16-20
Atlanta April 27-May 1
St. Louis Aug 3-7
Portland OR Aug 17-21
Langhorne PA Sept 21-25
Roselle IL Oct 12-16

Winner will be chosen from the thousands of entries on March 2, 2009.

billyeadon

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Yeadon
Re: SFS Contest

ODIN said:
rigged like all the other contest we have here, so why don't you just tell whom the pre ordained winner is and get it over with.

Now where would the suspense be in that?

Chris A

Name
Chris

Ok here goes. I'm a business newb. I took over my father's business at 20 years old, and although we've made some progress, I have a long way to go with the numbers side of the biz. My father Rob is an SFS alumni, and has told me many times in the last couple years that I need to go. With new equipment, a house, and all the money we've pumped in the biz, there's not a whole lot of money left over for education. I think SFS would be a great stepping stone for me to help grow my business to where I want it to be, (a business, not a good paying job.)

Jay D

Name
Jay D

Aaaa Ditto. :p Well that being said. i have had a good paying job for the last 13 years and i have come to relize that although i love what i do I need to make it a business to stay in the industry i love. My body has told me several times it needs a break before it breaks. I am a poor implementer who could use some accountability and direction. i hope to make it to The dallas class and thought i had the money to do so, but the family comes first. I will regret it if i don't go this time because its in my own backyard. I am a good technician and love dealing with most clients but as a businessman I don't have a clue. lots to learn even after 13 years.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow

A vote for Chris

I think Chris would be a great asset to the class and also get a ton out of it. He attended the VAST class we held at our place 2 years ago and was impressed with jeff's presentation.

Chris is mature beyond his years~ as evidenced by his acknowledging he doesn't know everything, very unusual for a 22 year old. I would like to cast my vote for him and also request that if he is not selected that he be allowed to attend in place of someone from my company. I can't think of anyone more hungry for the "business" side of this industry than Chris. He is a superb technician and I believe that the business knowledge he would gain by attending would help him propel his business to the next level.

Respectfully
Ken

Greenie

man, if i had my head on at the young age of 22 like guys like Chris and Hoodie, I'd be living in the D.R. sipping pineaple juice on the beach, guys like that just need a vehicle, they will some day be teaching SFS.

cu

Supportive Member
Name
Cu

i had 2 root canels on friday two more today and a filling and get 9 extractions on friday and all that work does not match the blood sweat and tears this biz has put me through in the last 14 years

but to be honest others need it more then i...i vote for damo from spotless...his car caught fire outside his house at christmas which set his house on fire and then the blower went out on his v 2 weeks later, he had to find a new home for the family a truck to work out of and he has a baby and a teenager to provide for ...then her,n,doors tells him shes got another on the way
the boy works hard every day to build his biz, works nights ,and is always upbeat and i aint heard him complain a bit about anything
you give him the class in portland . i,ll pay his hotel room....
he deserves a break

plus i know he really wants to go

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC

A jon don contest I don't get to win?

No fair!

You'll still send me a special prize right? An autographed guiness from bill yeadon maybe? Along with some starbucks coffee?

Greenie

I can't believe I didn't think of Demien, i second Cu 100%, but therein lies the problem...Demien is too proud of a young man to write an essay of why he should go, even though he needs it more than most...so..here we are, back to the regular viewers.

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen

Doug Cox said:
So here is my essay............. Hell, I might even bring the woman along.

Believe it or not, Doug, this is a pretty good "essay" in and of itself. I cannot tell you how many times I have heard a husband say at SFS, "Wow, I wish my wife was here to hear this stuff too." (Or to force her to take all the notes like Mikey did with his very long-suffering Paula.)

Even more commonly the husband sends his wife to "take care of that there book larnin" and then she forces him to go to the next class. The companies that do the very best are when the husband and wife/ partner/ key people attend at the same time and all get the same concepts together. (I believe all of Ken Snow's key managers have attended SFS at least once.)

So Doug, this is Big Billy's contest and he will have to take the inevitable abuse from the ones who do not win. But I will say that even if you pay you will "win" with SFS if you bring the little lady along.

Island Boy
www.StrategiesForSuccess.com

PS Tough deal about Demien. I wasn't aware of his situation. However, keep your essays coming in and we'll work with Demien on the side as Yeadon and I have some influence on occasional "SFS scholarships" for needy, deserving, non-skiing, non-golfing, non-whining carpet cleaners. Sounds like Demien might fit the bill.

The Preacher

i deserve it because the first time through i was star struck by Island Boy and Yeadon and didn't learn crap!!! y'all got me lickered up one nite listening to rockin' blues music (an SFS'er BDCC was also a musician - Angles with Dirty Faces) and then expected us to set through 9hrs of Island Boys 1980's war stories. to top that off Nick kept filling our gut with tasty morsels and funny jokes to start a session, so how could one focus on learning in such an environment???

that said, if you "scholarship" Demian i'll donate towards some of his expenses, since he still has to have $$$ to keep is family fed (think of the Beverly Hillbillys theme song now).

it should be a requirement that all BDCC'er should have to attend SFS to be a member here!!! Hey Mikey, why not give away a membership to all SFS alums as a show of gratitude to Steve and Bill for pimping yore BBS in their class???

PS i love spending Mikey's $$$ and not having to sleep with him like Paula!!!

PPS can you imagine the size of pillow Mikey must have to support that melon hed of his??? :mrgreen:

Jay D

Name
Jay D

:cry: what a sad story Demien deserves the scholarship. I met him once at Mikeyfest, nice guy. If he comes to dallas he can stay with us.... gotta ask the wife but should be oK. :wink:

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Name
Steve Toburen

Jay DeLaughter said:
:cry: what a sad story Demien deserves the scholarship. I met him once at Mikeyfest, nice guy. If he comes to dallas he can stay with us.... gotta ask the wife but should be oK. :wink:

This board at it's finest.

IB
http://www.StrategiesForSuccess.com

PS I don't quite remember Danny's first SFS the way he does. Danny, I believe the Tampa SFS class in two weeks is sold out or nearly so but at the very least Nick says he wants you to "stop by" for lunch. (Yes, I know you live a ways away but to Nick Florida is all "in the neighborhood".)

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox

He has a Vortex and can't afford to go to SFS. What the hell is that all about? I thought all you guys were millionaires with your V's.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow

Not sure who Demien is but if he already has the pass to go, I'll fly him out to whetever class he wants to attend. Perhaps someone else would help him out, splitting a room.

Ken

Chads

Supportive Member

I cant beat any of these sad stories, and Damiean is a cool guy. I also cant write that well of a essay, but the reason I should go to sfs is I'm not even sure what it is and every one here makes seem like a great class to go to. oh yeah I'm a pure BDCC other than that this is going into my second year and probally could use the education especially if its about business. :mrgreen:

Greenie

Doug Cox said:
He has a Vortex and can't afford to go to SFS. What the hell is that all about? I thought all you guys were millionaires with your V's.

That was kinda funny Doug.

But, second hand lemon vortex can take a brother down, them blowers are spensive. It's good to have friends.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison

Given my "Post Whore" status it obvious to see that I have a heavy thirst for knowledge. I have been interested in going to SFS for a good while now and haven't been able to make it happen. I would surely put all the information gained to good use and would share all of my experiences with everyone on Mikeysboard.
Also, in my ongoing saga to take over the carpet cleaning world, I would be able to help my fellow carpet cleaning buddies get a leg up in life by providing careers with awsome pay and benifits.
I believe that I have been dedicated to helping anyone I can on this board and really just dedicated to this board in general.
I have always been willing to give up any information or "secrets" that I may have to better someone elses business...even one in my area with little worry of competition.
So I pray to the Mikeyboard Gods to consider my wee little self to make great things happen in a world where all things are possible.
Whattyathink? I think it will be good for all.
Thank you very much.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison

Did I mention that I would be willing to kiss a little bit of Ass for the opportunity? Or was that apparent in my submission?

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Name
Steve Toburen

Brian Robison said:
At the very least, I would make the SFS experience more amusing.
Frightening Yeadon like this is not the way to win the scholarship, Brian.

Island Boy
http://www.StrategiesForSuccess.com

PS And I am sorry, Brian. Nobody and I do mean NOBODY can "kiss up" like Gary. Remember what depths he stooped too in the "Cool Shades" contest.

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Name
Steve Toburen

ODIN said:
I hear Gary is a John Watson junior

It was the porkpie hat.

Since Gary is quite a bit taller than Watson he tips the scales at more ... but on reflection I would say no. Watson is a bit more "rounded".

But enough chit-chat, Terry. We have yet to see your essay in this "rigged" contest. Just like at Las Vegas, you can't win if you don't play.

IB
www.StrategiesForSuccess.com

PS One thing that John has big time over Gary is "his Helen". One of our industry's greatest love stories- at least to hear John tell it. One of these days I need to chat with Helen away from her husband ...

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison

Steve Toburen said:
http://www.StrategiesForSuccess.com[/url]

PS And I am sorry, Brian. Nobody and I do mean NOBODY can "kiss up" like Gary. Remember what depths he stooped too in the "Cool Shades" contest.[/quote:1bq0t9sy]

I am no Gary in the ass kissing dept but I believe that I would put the class to better use...nothing against gary...I am just confident that the class would not go to waste.

How about biggest begger??
PPPPPPPPPPwwwwweeeeeeeeeesssssssseeee?????????

begging12.gif

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley

In December 1968 my Father past away while my Mother was 5 months pregnant with me. I was born into a home where my Mother resented me for having to grieve for my Father and raise a newborn child along with her 6 other children. My Father died with a few thriving business and a ton of land and my Mother received the enitire lot because of me (they had finally gotten married prior to my Mother becoming pregnant) I was dubbed "The Heir" by my relatives. My mom squandered everything.

Growing up I was physically and mentally abused throughout my childhood and grew up in a home on the beach in the Northeast without heat and smashed windows. I became a straight "A" student and questioned my Mothers choices often causing much more friction in the home already riddled with, drug, alchohol, physical and sexual abuse. When I was 14 two of my older brothers came home drunk and strung out on drugs and started a fight with me while I was sleeping. I beat the living daylights out of both of them and that earned me a spot out on the street.

I lied about my age to a company called Noonan Leydon Press and became a feeder for a 4 color press I worked the 11-7 am shift and went to school in the day and football practice in the afternoons. I graduated from High School and went on the Fresno State University while I was there my best friend and room mate was murdered making me even more homesick than before and I left school with a broken knee and a broken heart.

Now back in massachusetts I lived in a rooming house with scum and the worlds deviants as I went to culinary school and worked part time. I became a business whiz in the foodservice industry and was fairly successful. When my wife and I started having more kids I needed to do something different so I started a carpet cleaning company thinking it would be easy. I was wrong I spent like a drunken sailor on equipment and advertising, doing everything ass backwards. This is whole different world than the recipe for success in the Foodservice industry.

I have gotten my footing recently but see I am missing some serious components to my business plan and advertising. I have been busy and am making inroads in this industry but don't be fooled I have a "JOB"

My entire life from when I was born I have had to earn the food on my plate and the roof over my head. I have never really gotten a break and the 1 break I did get I destroyed by leaving school.

Right now as I type I see that I need to find a way to accelerate my business and from what I hear SFS is the way to go. If someon puts a plan in my face to work on and gives me the knowledge that is needed I have the grit and determination to succeed.

Please put me into consideration for SFS.

Thank You ,

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave

Since Demien can't afford the time off, I vote for Chris.
Sharp young minds need to be nourished.

At 22 I thought I knew everything, little did I know it wasn't until I was 23-that I knew it ALL! :roll:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom