SFS starts Monday

Becker

Name
Becker
XTREME1 said:
Hey Ken,
Have your fiance call me. (I know she is unlikely to get the message)

You will be on the boards less after going to SFS. Do yourself a favor and stay where SFS is.

Really not that far of a drive, normal commute for a lot of working stiffs, just not the norm for me. At least not 5 days in a row for me.

I'd rather be in my own bed each night, vs pay $125.00 or more for a room. If I was going to do that I'd take a SFS out of state just cuz.

Name
I'm Rick James
The good thing, since school is out traffic is a little easier. I suspect from my house to Jon Don South it will take me about 45 minutes. Not that I am complaining because some cats flew in to take the class. I am taking a week long class and then finishing it off with a 3 day vacation. Hoping to buy a new prochem from Jon Don next week too.. busy week.

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
Jim Martin said:
if I can work it out in the schedule....( and I am pretty sure I can..)...I am sending Tia to the class in August up in St Louis ..........
Ummmm... Jim, is Tia your wife? First, let me say we will be delighted to have her. (Hopefully you've already reserved a seat as I think we may be getting full in St. Louis.) But fair warning, Jim, here is a scenario I've seen repeated over and over again in the last 16 years and 3,000 SFS members:

Wife: "Honey, you're not as young as you used to be and I really think it is time you got off the truck. I read a lot of good things about SFS..."
Husband (grudgingly): "OK, maybe you're right. But five days? Forget about it! Tell ya what, honey. I'll just send you and then you can come back and tell me all about it..."

Let's just say when the missus comes back with a new business vision and the tools to make it happen and she runs into her non-responsive "I'm too busy for this" husband things are not going to go well in their marriage! :) Simply put, the couples who attend SFS together have a much higher success rate and implement MUCH more from the seminar.

Steve

PS I know it can be a challenge from a business/ financial/ personal/ child care, etc standpoint to attend SFS together. And it is better to attend separately than not at all. But I urge couples to do everything they can to be at SFS as a team. View it as a "romantic business retreat"! :)

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Tia and I have built this company from the ground up...she has her job with in and I have mine..it took a few years to get a system down to where the two could meet...she handles all the calls..scheduling...bookkeeping...accounting...and this list goes on and on.....I handle all the cleaning and technical part of the company...I stay away from her desk and she stays away from my steering wheel...any choices she makes I back up and the same goes with her....we never question each other...

for us she is the one to go..she will sit in your class and absorb everything about it..remember it and take it home and apply it....unless you are going to talk to me about equipment or how to fix something....you have lost my attention before I even entered the door..........

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Name
Steve Toburen
Jim Martin said:
..she will sit in your class and absorb everything about it..remember it and take it home and apply it....
Tia sounds exactly like the sort of member we want, Jim. Send her on up. Just be aware you may be "creating a monster". You've been warned! :)

Steve

PS We'll probably be seeing you Tia again next year with you in tow, Jim! (That's how it usually plays out anyway!)

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Dear Steve,

Please don't be offended...BUT..!

You just broke the 1 rule of business..."NEVER PRE-JUDGE A SALE"... I've seen Jimmy naked

I understand your point..." But it is border-line offensive ".. yes, I really clean up pet shit for a living Dad..
This is my issue with GURU based programs... :!: There is an arrogance that rears its ugly
head...when anyone DARES to step outside of the "cookie-cutter" program.. would the real rob allen please stand up?
The PROFESSIONAL response would have been to NOT assume.. :!: And ....thank Tia for coming & extend Jim an invitation to come to the NEXT session... :idea:

If ..I were your employer...? You would be PAYING for Tia's class out of your pocket.. I've seen Jimmy naked

It is quite RUDE...for you to interject your opinion into a clients marital relationship... yes, I really clean up pet shit for a living Dad..

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
Joe,
I feel your pain,
That was really a Negative Moment of Truth.
eat yor heart out Werner :lol: eat yor heart out Werner :lol: eat yor heart out Werner :lol:

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Name
Steve Toburen
Sigh... Jim has an impeccable reputation in the industry and on the discussion forums. I would never put down his accomplishments. Plus it sounds like Jim and a great working relationship with his wife. (Something I was never able to achieve with Sioux.)

No offense was intended and hopefully none was given. For anyone who feels that my comments were inappropriate I apologize.

Steve

PS I have an appointment so roast away while I'm gone! And Jim, I'm still looking forward to meeting Tia in a few weeks.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
no apology needed....I understand where you are coming from....not to many couples can work together and survive it...we are lucky that we can.....I have my weakness ...and at the same time she has hers...she compensates for mine and I compensate for hers and our company runs top notch.....

she knows that I have no place sitting in a class room and I know she has no place sitting in my truck.....

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Steve Toburen said:
Sigh... Jim has an impeccable reputation in the industry and on the discussion forums. I would never put down his accomplishments. Plus it sounds like Jim and a great working relationship with his wife. (Something I was never able to achieve with Sioux.)

No offense was intended and hopefully none was given. For anyone who feels that my comments were inappropriate I apologize.

Steve

PS I have an appointment so roast away while I'm gone! And Jim, I'm still looking forward to meeting Tia in a few weeks.

Is this in the "CYA" section in the program... KMA!
Why the ..."sigh"... to preface the canned apology... :?:

I would have RATHER you just replied .."mind you own business HARPER"... :!:
I could have respected the sincerity of that a lot more...!
AGAIN...!!! try not to be offended or have the need to apologize... :idea:

I won't addend your "school" ... because I would constantly disrupt the class with "WHY" :?:
I have read some of the material,while basic in information...I see nothing really innovative
about the program. Many 3rd. year college students cannot retain nor implement the volumes
of information/diatribe... KMA!

On the other hand.."If this was mandatory certification for an Industry, such as electrician's
or plumbers." I could see the value. However in the real world...a person finishing your class. Would receive some type of accreditation or licence...which would at minimum guarantee the oppertunity for employment into the industry.

I also feel the course would have a little better SMELL to it "if" ... you could NOT receive free
access to the program through purchasing product from the SPONSOR... LIKE! If the product
can "STAND ON ITS OWN" it is old enough to WALK.. :idea:

I would assume ...if this was YOUR program...? You would be sCreAminG "NO SOUP FOR YOU"
Harper... :!: Butt is NOT...so you have to be "PC"...and mind your tongue... -sniff Otherwise
your JOB would be in jeopardy.

The price is EXTREEME for the average or below average cleaner. It is enough to put the
under capitalized cleaner OUT OF BUSINESS.. -sniff I hope you don't see this as a personal attack... :?: Because I don't know you personally.. J/K

If your initial response to Mr. Martin is a product of your program ? Then NO thanks......
PROFESSOR'S don't make those types of mistakes... :idea: BTW..your "call to action" in your
apology was pathetic..

ps...I received 2 passes to the class when I purchase to EVEREST 650 HP..from Jon Don !
I request a CASH discount for the classes.."since it was so valuable"... I've seen Jimmy naked
They FROZE..then I was able to negotiate what they thought the ACTUAL VALUE was. :idea:
They gave me a case of ULTRA-PAC... yes, I really clean up pet shit for a living Dad..

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
I disagree with most of what Joe wrote, starting with any need for Steve to appologize. I also think that giving you a case of product is more than they should have done, part of the reason JD allows cleaners who spend enough to go is so that they get more value and it helps solidify the relationship. The only hard cost they reaqlly have is the food, which is done in bulk, but even that is more than they would want to give. I think they ony gave you anything is you had them between a rock and a hard place which is a fine negotiation for you but then to hold them in contempt for it seems inappropriate and to publisize it even more so. I am a pretty tough negotiator for everything I buy but never will it ever be publicized.

Ken

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Ken Snow said:
I disagree with most of what Joe wrote, starting with any need for Steve to appologize. I also think that giving you a case of product is more than they should have done, part of the reason JD allows cleaners who spend enough to go is so that they get more value and it helps solidify the relationship. The only hard cost they reaqlly have is the food, which is done in bulk, but even that is more than they would want to give. I think they ony gave you anything is you had them between a rock and a hard place which is a fine negotiation for you but then to hold them in contempt for it seems inappropriate and to publisize it even more so. I am a pretty tough negotiator for everything I buy but never will it ever be publicized.

Ken

Par for the course... KMA!
Re-read the post Ken... :idea:
Do you have ADD..?

Careful...you are the worst for making a statment.."only to apologize in the next post".. eat shit!

ps..If you knew the REAL story of the EVEREST purchase...You would cRinGe... yes, I really clean up pet shit for a living Dad..

joe harper

Name
joe harper
It must be my southern DRAW... KMA!

I NEVER ask him to apologize... :!:

I commented on the WAY he apologized... :idea:

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
When publicly insulting someone the implication seems to be begging for an apology- though I can see you didn't specifically ask for. My mistake and nice deflection. I modify my statement to just disageeing with everything you wrote.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
2 things you'd have to improve to be like Greg

1. Post after drinking too much to reduce the coherancy of your points

2 lose the emoticons

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Ken Snow said:
2 things you'd have to improve to be like Greg

1. Post after drinking too much to reduce the coherancy of your points

2 lose the emoticons

I could probably handle those requirements... hey now

But ...I couldn't sleep at night if you had to become Brian... yes, I really clean up pet shit for a living Dad..

"I will just apologize to Steve".... -sniff

Hagopian...would be down the TubE'S...faster than DAVE YOAKUM can turn 6 truck's into 1... :lol:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
The value of the class is going to be judged by the need of each individual. Harper it is obvious you dont need nor want the class. That's not the case for many of us and the cost for a 5-day class is just a drop in the bucket. For what you get value wise, its actually dirt cheap. I truly feel their isnt a better classs for those seeking answers to questions on how to build, manage and market a business.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Chester said:
The value of the class is going to be judged by the need of each individual. Harper it is obvious you dont need nor want the class. That's not the case for many of us and the cost for a 5-day class is just a drop in the bucket. For what you get value wise, its actually dirt cheap. I truly feel their isnt a better classs for those seeking answers to questions on how to build, manage and market a business.

I stand corrected.... yes, I really clean up pet shit for a living Dad..

I didn't realize IT WAS IN SPANISH.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ps..Nice commercial cHaVeY... eat shit! where is the "button"..I push for ENGLISH... LIKE!

martyonharpers computer..........

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Chester said:
:lol:
Isn't it past you bedtime? Oh and pictures if shes a brunette......please! eat yor heart out Werner

Does PuErtA rIcAn...count... :?:

IMG-20110813-00277.jpg

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I do lack emotions. I am an assassin any girly man such as Brian is a pussy in my eyes. Met him, he is as broke as broke comes.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
XTREME1 said:
I do lack emotions. I am an assassin any girly man such as Brian is a pussy in my eyes. Met him, he is as broke as broke comes.

Glad you could join the PaRtY...!

I am getting in tRoUbLE.... :lol:

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Ken Snow said:
Never fear- I'd shoot myself if I turned in to Brianna.

You both only wish you could be like me. I Jump off the cliff without looking.... It's instinct only.

LIKE!

Lovin every minute of my "Failure" Mr. Harp!

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Re: Re: SFS starts Monday

Brian R said:
[quote="Ken Snow":38nbbep6]Never fear- I'd shoot myself if I turned in to Brianna.

You both only wish you could be like me. I Jump off the cliff without looking.... It's instinct only.

LIKE!

Lovin every minute of my "Failure" Mr. Harp![/quote:38nbbep6]
Welcome back Brian- missed ya bud.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom