Share your odorcide expertise plz

Name
BradFenstermaker
How about sharing how you use odorcide 210 and for what kind of problems.

Mixture amount and application method.

Thanks

Luis Gomez

Name
Luis Gomez
I used to buy it by the gallon, and would order cases of it when it went on sale (buy 3 get one free). Until I found Judson's Quat-O-lot.
Luis

S

sam miller

I get 4 gal $ 79.00 per gal 10 percent case discount ends up around $71.00 per gal free shipping on $400.00 order online

16 to one usually save it for bad cats with water claw cant get quat a lot in california I dont think?

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
I can’t stand the smell anymore. Maybe it’s just negative association but every time I smell it now it turns my stomach. I hate taking the smell of it home with me. It’s hard to wash the odor off your hands. I kind of doubt there is anything magical about odorcide other than a pairing agent. I have been using Urinelock by Masterblend with good results.

The new fragrance is much better then the old smell. I use it at 1/2 once per gallon to add a nice smell, Then 2 oz per gallon (4 oz if it realy stinks) for general deoderizing. 8 oz per gallong for heavy urine stink .

Like others have said, I use much less of it now that I got my hands on quat a lot and dd12.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
the best and most consistent results on Fee-Fee's pee-pee I've found is still good ole sodium perc
powdered peroxide that is...
Mixed hot and poured on/flooded with a watering can .
I've found nothing works better on cat pee too

if you're looking for a halfassed fixes by spraying some chem on top at 2-300 sf pr gal RTU, can't help ya.
cause none of 'em work all that well if the custy want's it "corrected" and not just a little improvement .
But again, I'd still use sodium perc for that too...cause noting works better at correction ...just spritz some smell-good afterwords

BTW, sodium perc is cheap .
i use plain ole off the shelf Oxyclean ....yea the stuff "Billy Mays" was hawking .
There's other stuff in it besides sodium perc ..like lye I believe ...but don't sweat it, cause you're rising it and you're working on a fouled good to start with ..carpet warranties are out the window on urine conditions

..L.T.A.

Mikey P

Administrator
Luis Gomez said:
[quote="sam miller":1pd77fqy] cant get quat a lot in california I dont think?

Call Joyce, she will ship it.
Luis
P.S. By the way... are you related to Bill Miller?[/quote:1pd77fqy]

Bill Miller is Sam's father.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
Erskine Allin said:
the best and most consistent results on Fee-Fee's pee-pee I've found is still good ole sodium perc
powdered peroxide that is...
Mixed hot and poured on/flooded with a watering can .
I've found nothing works better on cat pee too

if you're looking for a halfassed fixes by spraying some chem on top at 2-300 sf pr gal RTU, can't help ya.
cause none of 'em work all that well if the custy want's it "corrected" and not just a little improvement .
But again, I'd still use sodium perc for that too...cause noting works better at correction ...just spritz some smell-good afterwords

BTW, sodium perc is cheap .
i use plain ole off the shelf Oxyclean ....yea the stuff "Billy Mays" was hawking .
There's other stuff in it besides sodium perc ..like lye I believe ...but don't sweat it, cause you're rising it and you're working on a fouled good to start with ..carpet warranties are out the window on urine conditions

..L.T.A.

I have always been hesitant to use sodium percarb because of damage I see customer do with the chemical. How strong can you mix Oxiclean before you see some color loss?

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
ACE said:
I have always been hesitant to use sodium percarb because of damage I see customer do with the chemical.

that's cause they have no way to rinse it ...it gets a "chemical burn" color shift due to mega-hi PH or color lose due to concentrated oxidizer.
BTW, Stainzone and many of the other spray oxidizers from CCing suppliers can do the same )

Oxy is no less problematic in it's use than the Sally's 40 vol many mOOnpies around here are hosing down on everydamnthing... :roll:
(sorry, but i think the use of oxidizers on most every job that's in vogue around here, is a crappy way to "clean" )
It's makes poorly cleaned carpets a little "brighter", but not "cleaner" ....

enough of my rant on another "board de jour" fad 'roundcheer...

used responsibly and in the right situations, oxidizers are a wonderful, most effective tool...and best of all..at a relativity cheap cost (though chem costs should be the least of one's concerns)

How strong can you mix Oxiclean before you see some color loss?

for "correction" ...I mix strong .
3 to 5 heaping scoops pr gal RTU and flood the carpet .

For "improvement" ...meaning they don't want to pay for me to "flush' their toilet with a flood and water claw flush/rinse extract....
We'll use 2-3 heaping scoops pr gal RTU (added to pre-spray) and nuke the top of the carpet at appx 100-150 sf pr gal (more if we can isolate "specific" smaller areas)

BTW .....drop a dime on that spot ..or penny or quarter ..or whatever to mark that area for when the wand gets there .
You or the wand man will know/remember "that" area needs special attention and more thorough flush/rinse extract and dry strokes

..L.T.A.

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
Had a carpet today with "oxyclean" residue from the maid. She swore she only used water and the homeowner believed her..... :shock: What looks like spots from a light is not - lights turned off. Worst I have ever seen.

IMAG0362-1.jpg

Some dirt from the residue

IMAG0363-1.jpg

Too bad, was in a 2 million dollar home. Most dirt value, but still a nice place with ruined carpet.....

Name
BradFenstermaker
Thanks for the responses everyone.

Yeah I am looking for the improvement catagory for the custy's that love the pet more than there health.

Larry I have raw SP so I will put it on the truck in larger quantity's. I use it to get urine stains out. Didn't know it wood handle odor as well.

Take care

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
BradFenstermaker said:
Didn't know it wood handle odor as well.

a "wood handle" goes on an ax, :mrgreen:
But SP will handle odor issues as well or better than anything on the market..
just add some smell good for fragrance

..L.T.A.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
That's why I use liquid peroxide.
Powdered boosts the ph way up there contributing to bleached out areas.

Liquid peroxide is on the acid side right out of the bottle and is easier to rinse out.

No residue

Name
BradFenstermaker
Larry is the scoop you use a 1oz or 2oz scoop?

Thanks for the grammar lesson. LOL I thought I was texting for a min I guess.

Later

PCCN

The stuff works but wasn't a big fan until they came out with the new "Fresh" scent. Much easier to deal with. 4 oz. to my 5 gal. bulk rinse tank and you have all you need. I use heavier dilutions for problem areas that need specific treatment with either sprayer or injector.

Bob Foster

They didn't get wealthy not watching their money.

Also because they perceive many trades gouging them because they are wealthy the can use counter offensive moves to remove any thoughts of overcharging them.

A lot of my customers don't even ask how much. In that case the reverse happens. I make sure that I am very fair with my invoice because I wouldn't want to have them feel like I took advantage of them by them not asking for a cost first before I proceeded. Great way to do it because you can judge what's fair after you have completed the work.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
BradFenstermaker said:
Larry is the scoop you use a 1oz or 2oz scoop?

2oz ...right??? :oops:

the one that comes in most all jug/jar powdered CCing chems

That's why I use liquid peroxide.

Like Stainzone??
I bleached a berber olie/nylon blend with it once by using the "spray'n go" method thathurts

Powdered boosts the ph way up there contributing to bleached out areas.

powders have a much longer shelf life stability in a hot van .
We don't hose down peroxide on most jobs like most of the crackers here do.
they wouldn't have to if they used better pre-sprays

Because we don't use gallons of peroxide a month , liquids lose potency before they're used up.
Powdered last a LONG time on the truck

..L.T.A.

Captain Morgan

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Morgan
Bob Foster said:
They didn't get wealthy not watching their money.

Also because they perceive many trades gouging them because they are wealthy the can use counter offensive moves to remove any thoughts of overcharging them.

A lot of my customers don't even ask how much. In that case the reverse happens. I make sure that I am very fair with my invoice because I wouldn't want to have them feel like I took advantage of them by them not asking for a cost first before I proceeded. Great way to do it because you can judge what's fair after you have completed the work.

right church, wrong pew Bob.. I think your response belongs in the next isle over in the Lady you're nuts thread about the millionaire looking to squeeze the shit out of a buffalo nickle.. :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom