Larry Capitoni
Very nice lady
close to home
medium size orders, pays top dollar , always gives $20 to $30 tip too
Been a regular for 10 years or better.
has the carpets cleaned appx every 8-9 months and upl done every couple years

she also ALWAYS cancels and reschedules "at least" once .... :roll:
sometimes twice

She was the first job of the morning today...she just called ..to reschedule for next week...

I'm curious what you would do with a custy like that?
It won't have any influence on how "I" handle it.

Just curious how you would

..L.T.A.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I have a few that do that.....they are no longer the first job of the day.....when they call they are always booked for the last job.........that way when the cancel and reschedule it does not impact my day......

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
wecome to CRASHES world....
if i were to "say something" every time a custy cancelled...
i woulda had NO customer base left at all...........
it's the first job of the day that hurts.......

NATURE OF THE BEAST

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We always cuss (off the phone) and reschedule her....no matter how many times she does it to us. thathurts

I just realized the haircut I thought was tonight, was last week. :shock:
Hope she doesn't fire me. :oops: :oops:

Dmreed4311

Supportive Member
Name
David Reed
Jim Martin said:
I have a few that do that.....they are no longer the first job of the day.....when they call they are always booked for the last job.........that way when the cancel and reschedule it does not impact my day......
I like this, this is how I will handle these types for now on. If they cancel i will get to go home early.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Yeah but if they want a morning a appointment I'm not/can't going to force that on them.

When this happens, we just call the last job of the day first to see if they want it early....if no....try the second to the last and so on.

Or go wash the van etc.

I don't worry about it too much....never did.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
If it is chronic I would have a calm polite conversation with her about it maybe a week after actually doing the cleaning. If you are never booked up and losing customers I guess it doesn't really cost you money to keep rescheduling, but if she is reasonable and understands that it does cost you then maybe she can think through her schedule better and make a committment to do it the first time she books it.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Brian R said:
Yeah but if they want a morning a appointment I'm not/can't going to force that on them.

When this happens, we just call the last job of the day first to see if they want it early....if no....try the second to the last and so on.

Or go wash the van etc.

I don't worry about it too much....never did.

probably because you don't run as tight as schedule as most do......no one says you have to force it on them....if you tell them that it your availability on your schedule then it is up to them....who the hell runs your company you or the clients.......I want to keep my day full.......washing my truck don't pay the bills......

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
My customer service is somewhat above and beyond and I don't get upset when a good customer needs to reschedule.

Are you running a company or a daycare Jim?

I don't need to punish my customers to teach them a lesson.

If they want a morning appointment and I have it open, they get it.

YES, if they did this once a week....that would be an issue.

But once a year isn't such a bad thing.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Brian R said:
My customer service is somewhat above and beyond and I don't get upset when a good customer needs to reschedule.

Are you running a company or a daycare Jim?

I don't need to punish my customers to teach them a lesson.

If they want a morning appointment and I have it open, they get it.

YES, if they did this once a week....that would be an issue.

But once a year isn't such a bad thing.

I think you missed the entire point..this is a client that messes up his schedule almost every time she books a job....so yea..in that case I would be managing my company to make sure as have less down time knowing that this person has a history of causing holes in my day

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Remember....this is a good customer that pays top dollar and tips....therefore they are a good and happy customer.

Why would you let this event that happens once a year be such a big deal?

I would be more prone to double book the morning on her first scheduled appointment.

MOre than one way to skin a cat.

Yes, I know it could then screw up the rest of the day if by chance she DIDN"T reschedule. lol.....but life isn't perfect.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
if she has been with Larry that long..he must be doing something right and I would not think she would care on his availability...

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Jim Martin said:
if she has been with Larry that long..he must be doing something right and I would not think she would care on his availability...

Yeah, but it's the great customer service that's kept him around. Change that and you change everything. :mrgreen:

Still love ya Jim! shiteatinggrin

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Brian R said:
[quote="Jim Martin":3p9d8dax]if she has been with Larry that long..he must be doing something right and I would not think she would care on his availability...

Yeah, but it's the great customer service that's kept him around. Change that and you change everything. :mrgreen:

Still love ya Jim! shiteatinggrin[/quote:3p9d8dax]

customer service is what I do when I get there....if I get there when I say I am..and how I treat the client....availability
falls under my control..a good client understands that they are not the only ones that I service.....

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Jim Martin said:
[quote="Brian R":21bk92pz][quote="Jim Martin":21bk92pz]if she has been with Larry that long..he must be doing something right and I would not think she would care on his availability...

Still love ya Jim! shiteatinggrin[/quote:21bk92pz]

customer service is what I do when I get there....if I get there when I say I am..and how I treat the client....availability
falls under my control..a good client understands that they are not the only ones that I service.....[/quote:21bk92pz]

If she scheduled 3 weeks out are you STILL not going to have a morning appointment? What if she asks "When's your next morning appointment?".

Customer service starts way before you ever get to a clients house.

I couldn't tell a customer "since you are an unorganized peice of crap, I will only give you the last appointment of the day because I know your dumbass is going to reschedule it anyway and mess up my precious day".

That may not be what you say.......But it's what they'll hear.

Which is more important?

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
She does know you're heavily armed and trained in lethal force, doesn't she???

@ Brian.......we Northerners probably wash our trucks 2-3 times.........a year. That's why I buy white trucks....doesn't look too dirty even when it is. It's caused by the "depressing" weather up here......if it ain't raining, it will.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
I was a northern cleaner and I washed the truck every day, unless it was icy and snowy, then it went to the car wash.

dgargan

Go to the IHOP get a good breakfast, relax, read the paper and then go on to the next job. Don't worry about it.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
find myself agreeing with Brian more and more. I like when you post on things other than just your infatuation with the internet Brian!

Ken

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Since I've been to this rodeo before, what I do is let the second appointment know there is a likely chance we'll be an hour or two earlier than expected

.L.T.A.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
We basically treat them as a CHILD.... :oops:

CALL...the day before to remind.....CONFIRM
CALL...the morning of the appointment...CONFIRM
CALL...1 hour before the appointment...CONFIRM
CALL...when men are on the way.....CONFIRM

If this has been HaBiTuAL....We explain that at any time we canNOT get them on the phone..
We will proceed to our NEXT appointment.... :!: "We will work-in ...at the end of the day..!"

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I think I may have finally won an argument with Jim! :shock:

Just gimme one Jim....that's all I ask. thathurts !dork!

For the record...I've told my Subs, Myself and anyone who works with me (just examples Crowley)....Unless there is a special situation....You NEVER head to a job.....EVER....without speaking to the person to let them know that you're on the way.

If they don't answer or call back.....DON'T GO TO THE FRIGGEN JOB!!!

But they still have called me every once in while...."I am the customer's house and nobody's answering." Me-"Did you call first"...The Tech- "uh, no".

What the hell did you expect?

I also tell them to save their money for the winter.....YOu can only MOther sooo much.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Ken Snow said:
find myself agreeing with Brian more and more. I like when you post on things other than just your infatuation with the internet Brian!

Ken

YOu love me! You reaaalllly LOVE ME!

sallyfield.jpg

:mrgreen:

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
Re: Re: She does this every time

Brian R said:

For the record...I've told my Subs, Myself and anyone who works with me (just examples Crowley)....Unless there is a special situation....You NEVER head to a job.....EVER....without speaking to the person to let them know that you're on the way.

But they still have called me every once in while...."I am the customer's house and nobody's answering." Me-"Did you call first"...The Tech- "uh, no".

I also tell them to save their money for the winter.....YOu can only MOther sooo much.

Interesting, I call ahead before every job. If I get no answer I proceed to the job anyway. 9 times out of 10 they were in the yard or just didn't hear the phone ring. I'd have some pissed off customers if I didn't show because they missed my call. The other thing that happens is they were not home when I called because they were coming home from work to meet me there.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Brian R said:

Whew- gld to be back disagreeing with Brian. Welways go to the home egardless of whether we talk to them or not. If we hav confirmd the appointment the day before via talking to someone or leaving a message we will always go and never call again unless requested to. People do not always want to bother returning a call or even ansering and aappointment is an appointment. We hav been burned many many times i the distant past when we didn't go and the personjust hadn't listene to the message or answered but they wer home expecting us.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom