Shipping question, suppliers

miksar

Supportive Member
Name
Mike Fent
Is it just me, but seems like UPS shipping is taking a little longer lately. But why isn't priority mail used more, 2-3 days delivery and I'm a thinking it's cheaper.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
I can't speak for all suppliers or even officially for us since I don't work with the shipping department.

Most shipments are too large for US mail to handle either due o wieght or size or both.

There are benefits to doing everything the same. It can slow down shipping when someone has to decide which method will get there faster depending upon the size and zip code being shipped to.

Also shipping contracts get bid on and often include tiers based on volume. So, the more packages you ship UPS (or FEDEX or whatever) the lower your price to ship each package the next time the bid comes up.

If you make phone orders, you can ask for priority mail if the item you are purchasing fits in their box.

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
My post office now closes for lunch. Mailman stopped delivering mail because the mailbox on the street had a bees nest the size of a dime starting.
Did not bother to tell me or put a note on the door ( with that days mail would have been nice ) just stopped. I had to call to find out why no mail in box.
They will check with mailman and get back to me after 20 minutes on phone. Good job fedex and ups, Always. Hopefully they can fix it, there is hope because they fixed momor vehicles in New Jersey.
OK I feel better now, Thanks

packfancjh

Name
Chris Hagen
USPS won't ship liquids. We have to use UPS or Fed Ex and with the holidays looming, the more packages that are flowing the longer it takes.

Back
Top Bottom