Shipping Truck GA to Seattle-->

bensurdi

Name
Benjamin Surdi
Hey guys, I need to have a truck shipped from GA to Seattle. Does anyone have recommendations? Or, does anyone live in GA that needs to get to Seattle?

Name
I'm Rick James
There are professional moving companies that are fully insured, can flat bed it across the country. Google companies in GA and find one that fits your needs.

It will be cheaper for you to fly down there and drive it back yourself.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Caduceus said:
There are professional moving companies that are fully insured, can flat bed it across the country. Google companies in GA and find one that fits your needs.

It will be cheaper for you to fly down there and drive it back yourself.

Ummm no it won't. Not sure how much you value your time at but it would cost me several thousand to take the time off to drive the truck let alone the plane ticket, fuel,food lodging etc. Just call tripple j and pay what they say and be done with it. Don't spend a week calling around trying to save $50

bensurdi

Name
Benjamin Surdi
Just sent a quote request from the company John recommended. I've received quotes of $6-7K for shipping this thing, defiantly cheaper to fly out and drive home but man... hate that drive.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
bensurdi said:
Just sent a quote request from the company John recommended. I've received quotes of $6-7K for shipping this thing, defiantly cheaper to fly out and drive home but man... hate that drive.

it is much cheaper to just fly and drive it back...I was going to ship the vortex from MN to AZ and for what they wanted I could of bought 2 of them....flying down and driving it back cost me under 800......

John Olson

Name
John Olson
What are you shipping? Even on a flat bed from Florida your looking at 2 grand. Call them as 6-7 doesn't make sense.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
Was gonna say, I was gonna ship a car from Utah to Ohio I know its 1597 miles, and it was only $670 with the company John recommended.

Bob Foster

United Auto Transporters. Talk to Connie 817-847-6474.

There is an internal web board that most independent truckers and smaller fleets use to look for back hauls and other loads. But the better route is to go through a broker that takes care of that for you. United Auto Brokers posts jobs on the board too and the way it works is they offer a price and wait until someone accepts it or counters with another offer. But Connie and Mike are very experienced at this and will give you a good indication on what your charges should be. They will not play the game if you are using other brokers or if you also list the vehicle yourself. They charge $200 and put up the listing and only take it if they get you the haul. Then you pay cash on the barrel in full to the driver once you have delivery.

I'm currently using these people for a Isuzu truck 9'6" high with a 12' box to transport it from Boston to Bellingham at a cost $3600 and even they say that's on the high side. This is because of its height and less supply of trucks willing to take that type of load. Also from GA to Seattle is a major route and if you have a smaller vehicle it could be way less but Mike or Connie will give you a good idea. They're straight shooters.

What ever you do DON"T TAKE A DRIVE SERVICE ONLY A TRANSPORT SERVICE.

Becker

Name
Becker
bensurdi said:
I'm shipping an AeroTech. I spoke to AeroTechs shipping company and they quoted me 6K min.
Fly a tech down. $9.00 starting wage right? In the end it will get here. Fuel will be your biggest cost.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I thought you were selling your fleet because bigger trucks didn't fit you business model and were too cumbersome in you area?

Titan Transport

bensurdi

Name
Benjamin Surdi
XTREME1 said:
I thought you were selling your fleet because bigger trucks didn't fit you business model and were too cumbersome in you area?

Titan Transport

No i just sold one of my big trucks to replace it with a newer aerotech & a cargo van for property management jobs so that we can have 3 trucks going through winter and then my goal is to add one more big truck this coming spring.

I'm going to try and fly out to ATL tomorrow morning, if i can't get on a flight i'll call Titan. Thanks

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
This must've been the other ab surdi

Mikey, I'm selling because I am purchasing new fleet that allows us to increase our mobility in the markets we're expanding in. We're expanding our operation and these trucks are designed for an owner operator in my opinion. It is difficult to send out technicians with such a large system down to a city landscape without running into problematic situations.
Everyone has their own opinion Ron, but I think that I am able to handle the truck much differently than an employee would. We are cleaning in Seattle a lot and it is very difficult to park and provide service with such a large setup based on the feedback I've received from my guys.

I paid $780 or abouts from Indiana to Mass for a 14,000 lb'er

bensurdi

Name
Benjamin Surdi
XTREME1 said:
This must've been the other ab surdi

Mikey, I'm selling because I am purchasing new fleet that allows us to increase our mobility in the markets we're expanding in. We're expanding our operation and these trucks are designed for an owner operator in my opinion. It is difficult to send out technicians with such a large system down to a city landscape without running into problematic situations.
[quote:17p8qgzl]Everyone has their own opinion Ron, but I think that I am able to handle the truck much differently than an employee would. We are cleaning in Seattle a lot and it is very difficult to park and provide service with such a large setup based on the feedback I've received from my guys.

I paid $780 or abouts from Indiana to Mass for a 14,000 lb'er[/quote:17p8qgzl]

Yeah I was thinking of going CDS units but couldn't bring myself to reduce the performance we're used to with these AeroTech trucks. We're going to stay with these big trucks for now... who knows what will happen next year.

Name
I'm Rick James
Why didnt you just get the Judson TNT and customize it like Mike Draper did. His set up looks better and more practical than the aerotech. Not to mention half the cost with everything.. including maintance.

Is the big truck making a come back, all I see are people dumping them.

You should fly out with your wife or somebody, thats a long drive to do by yourself. Drive safe.

Becker

Name
Becker
a few weeks ago I thought you were asking about box set up prices as you were in the process of getting one set up and wanted to confirm the price was right?

If you are guying a standard aerotech and not another zerorez truck I think you might find much less power but a little easier to park etc than the beasts the zerorez trucks are, and IMO look better.

congrats on the new purchase..

question I've wondered. any requirements from DOT on the zerorez trucks?

FredC

Village Idiot
i'll drive it out to you for $2500...as long as its not an old pos

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
Why didn't you just post that you bought an Aero-Tech , that is after all why you started the post.

Nobody minds a good bragging post about new equipment.

gene

Becker

Name
Becker
GeneMiller said:
Why didn't you just post that you bought an Aero-Tech , that is after all why you started the post.

gene

Lol. Not new. AT is in salt lake. Man, I'd have to get a killer deal on a used areotech or vortex unit to buy across county assuming sight unseen.

Quick turn around. It was the light blue one for sale right? Was it a pain to pull off the wrap? I heard state law requires removal of lettering like that in a sale.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
GeneMiller said:

gene

I like Gene..... hes a smart man, and hes a good BS detector. !gotcha!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom