Shipping Truck GA to Seattle-->

bensurdi

Name
Benjamin Surdi
No I was actually wondering if anyone had shipped a larger truck and who they used to do it because I've been getting the run around for 2 weeks trying to find a company. I'm at the airport about to board my flight... looks like I'll be driving her home.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
On man what a pain, climbing mountains in an underpowered box truck, put your flashers on and pull to the right!

I think I'd have paid the shipper, that long a drive you'll be lucky if that rock shaker doesn't shake a few out of your bag. :p

If you pass this way stop in and say hello!

Good Luck!

Bob Foster

Ben, do you realize what a mess you will have if you break down on the way? Even with a minor breakdown the repair costs, the flights back and forth twice and the additional loss of work beyond what you are already taking off its a very expensive risk.

Not worth it at almost twice the price of driving it back yourself. Especially when you haven't even seen it or driven it.

hogjowl

Idiot™
When I had my Vortex, the few times I did an apartment complex cleaning, it was a PITA trying to find a place to park that thing without blocking someone in, or having to run my hoses across a section of the parking lot. I suppose this is never a problem for you?

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink

You should tell the story about the customer that got pulled over by DOT and their consequences...... :|

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I hope he has his log book and medical card or it will be a very LONG TRIP!
$5000.00 fine from KDOT if you're not registered with the KCC. Need proof of yearly physical, log book, triangle, fire extinguisher and DOT number on the vehicle. They make it tough on us with box trucks. thathurts

Able 1

Name
Keith
Just be happy if the a-hole doesn't change the tires on you... :twisted:
074.jpg

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
When I had my Vortex, the few times I did an apartment complex cleaning, it was a PITA trying to find a place to park that thing without blocking someone in, or having to run my hoses across a section of the parking lot. I suppose this is never a problem for you?

had the same problems no matter what we drove so quit doing apartments

Able 1

Name
Keith
Well Surti did... Karma's a bitch!

Thing is I really can't hate on Ben too much I got a great deal!! E-350(40,000 miles) and an Apex with 1,000 hours for 23,000 I would have drove it home on the rims.. :lol:

Not sure how he even has ears on his head with the look of both side view mirrors... :lol:

Ben have you realized yet that you lose when you buy and sell instead of running a truck into the ground?

Chris A

Name
Chris
Hey Keith you should be happy, sounds like your about to get a killer deal on a slightly used AT in a year or two...

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Ok Ben posted on facebook that he isn't going to be stopping at the port of entires and that he doesn't have a medical card on him. So lets start a pool whether he gets busted or makes it home. I got $10 that he doesn't make it to the Rockies.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
If it's unmarked and no business name could make it through KS, but if it's lettered and looks like a business vehicle they will pull him over for not stopping at the weigh station.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Unless he removes the DOT numbers (which is a crime) he has no choice but to stop. Well he has a choice.....

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Not an un-registered vehicle. I can't imagine the owner will let him drive off with his plates, also lots of states require registration or transport permits Arizona being one of them that I know for sure.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
when the guy bought the vortex...( god bless him )........I pulled the plates off but he was required to get a temp tag on the truck to take it to NM....Arizona does not have the D.O.T laws like all other states....

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Out of state commercial vehicles over 12000 gvw either have to have an Arizona registration or a temporary travel permit to be on Arizona roads. I got hit at a temp port of entry in the canyon heading to mesquite. Long story but I learned a lot while sitting in the Utah port for nearly ten hours because I didn't have a log book or medical card. Last time I drive/deliver a customers truck more then 10 miles as the crow flies.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Yes sir....anything over 10,500 has to have a DOT number and all the garbage that will go with it...if you are not an AZ resident then you are required to have a permit or a AZ registration...

If you are a AZ resident then you are not required to have DOT numbers nor a CDL license...or have to worry about weigh stations..( my truck is 14,500 )...unless you are delivering goods from point A to point B.....if you are only offering a service and are not going to cross the state line then you are OK....

If you sell the truck and it is going to cross the state line out of AZ then you are required to have a bill of sale showing that it came out of AZ and a temp permit.....

once it gets to the location it is going to be at and it is no longer in the state of AZ then you have to get the DOT numbers and all the headaches.....

From what I was told by the DOT people in Colorado who are the ones who over see this area of the US..Arizona is the only state that does this....

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I believe any vehicle over 12,000 lbs has to comply with KCC, both vehicle and driver here in Kansas. We never had to up until the state decided to include us as a form of bringing in new revenue. Its a paperwork pain in the rear, both for the driver and vehicle owner.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
Let me get this straight. A hugely succesful company is buying a truck in GA and driving it to washington to save a few grand? and taking a chance. How many people like becker or I mean atleast becker will be calling every state between there and washington to report him.

I could not step away from the business for a cross country journey on short notice because I couldn't find a transport company.

These guys would have done it for $3,000 or less http://titantransport.com/index.html

Becker

Name
Becker
Youll never give it up Waffles will ya.

Have ya gotten drunk and called your competitors wife for a bitch session lately? I hear you were a screaming fool.

Told ya. Look in your own back yard, unlike you I have little interest in what you are doing on the east coast.

Carry on waffles.

Maybe Ben wanted a road trip.
From what I heard he made it to GA Sunday, but still there tonight because his bank had not funded the payment. The guy he is buying from is wise. No money no truck. So Ben is camping out in GA.

Sounds like a fun trip so far.

No way in hell I'd release a rig of any value with out payment in full. Even if it us another used up zerorez truck.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
you are out of your mind becker. I never spoke to a competitors wife.

You can hear all you want Becker doesn't make it true.........I take my business seriously and when some slanders me and runs like a little bitch I confront THEM. He is just lucky I have chosen not to completely destroy his business

I see you are already doing your research
It was the light blue one for sale right? Was it a pain to pull off the wrap? I heard state law requires removal of lettering like that in a sale.

because you would never call in anything. Everyone already knows you're a rat.

I have to check on my kids.

Becker

Name
Becker
Maybe you were so drunk you forgot.

Or maybe you are just living up to being Waffles.

Was that the same guy you called acting like a google places cop?

Destroy his business. Lol!! Such a big talker!

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
you are one crazy dude Becker. I didn't even talk to him about his google places I just called and asked if he had a location there and he didnt. I am sorry I pay rent in places and the people who pretend to have locations I do report. I had several claim they were right beside me. Ask him how his businesses in communities I service is doing.

He can go back to scrubbing toilets and I won't even get involved in where you can go.

I got to get to bed becker, busy day weds. Is this weekend a visitation weekend? It must be tough having someone else raise your child:) What does new daddy do for work

Bob Foster

You know I was in the same position and the box truck I bought in Boston last June is STILL sitting there and it was only last week that I found an acceptable arrangement to deck it back to Bellingham WA.

I turned down several driver services and a shady hauler. I could have flown and drove it back for under $1600. Instead I am paying a $3700 trucking charge.

01-06-201112-48-02PM-2.jpg

Becker

Name
Becker
Business that slow for you that you need to play Google cop?
You also sub for Yahoo and Bing?

Sorry to hear that Waffles, hope things pick up.

Becker

Name
Becker
If this is the truck you bought, no wonder you did not want to pay $4000 to have it shipped.

1509_0817xbELdG2v1qFk.jpg

$4000 would be 30% of the asking price.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom