Shopped by competitor....should I be pissed?

G

You should never have to pay for work!!! I have never gotten any work from these kind of services. A flat tire or 2 should even out things!!! I have never known of anyone that has shopped for C/C at the lazy worthless services like this!!

Larry B

Name
Larry Burrell
Fred To each his own but I think SM sucks.

Nothing but a bunch of telephone marketing shit bags.

To them its all about money even if they know its screwing you to get it

Larry B

Name
Larry Burrell
davegill said:
i thought you only had to pay if you got the job??
that is a big part of the reason we told them to stop calling us..

No they send the lead out to a few people and its up to you to close the deal. SM is paid by all 3 or 5 companies they send the lead to

Bob Foster

Fred I have the perfect revenge for you.

Find a local church with dirty carpets and then phone up your competitor anonymously and tell them to go clean the church.

I am not surprised that one of your competitors did that to you. You live in a heavily populated area with a lot of competition. This is the reason why yp, pay per click, val pak and any other similar advertising strategies are pointless in my opinion. If a carpet cleaner finds success with an advertising medium, they might become threatened by the company with the new ad or big truck etc. If a company is enjoying good success off something like the yp for example and doesn't have anything to fall back on, then yes I can see how they would be threatened by new cleaners. I am not saying anyone is wrong for how they gain customers; I am just pointing out that you will know you are established and doing well when you don't think about your competion or check ads all the time because you should have plenty of repeat business and referrals. I even help a lot of carpet cleaners in my area now as I don't see them as competion.

As far as being pissed, it's kind of like having an ad in the yp and your competition booking jobs in vacant homes etc. The only way to prevent that would be to get a deposit by credit card over the phone. I would call the company giving you problems and schedule them at a place where you could meet and demand some sort of payment and speak candid with the owner. It may be tempting to break the owners knee caps, but you are a business owner so be cool and play it safe. No tire slashing etc.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Fred, why would you use a service like SM and not do sub work for me.

I guarantee the lead...you don't have to compete for it.
At the end of the month, you will spend more on the leads then you will giving up half to me.
Unless you are really good at the game.

My customers will be better customers...God willing

You don't have to go to the SM website to track your lead and email and call and email again just to try to get there attention.

I may not send you as many "leads" as SM but I'm not going to send them to your competitor to let them have a shot at it as well.

Over time I would be able to send more and more.

I can go on and on.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Did I mention you don't have to stop what your doing at the drop of a hat when a text or call comes in to hurry and call the potential customer.

I send a nice email lettin you know when and where the job is and what to expect.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
i dont think anyone wants to work for fitty percent unless you have high rates and it is worth it. brian how do you compare 13 lost ten times a month, to doing two $200 jobs for you and losing $200 dollars total? i seriously dont understand how guys can afford to work for half rate really. :?

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
and by the way i did sign up for a service magic project ( as a customer) and was called by the two companies immedialty and they try to close the job. i just listend to both of them talk ( both very good salesman) as they almost would not let me a say a word and at the end i told them who i was and they told me how everything worked and i apologized and told them i had a company and that i would pay the fees they were charged because of me. both said to forget about and one know i am friends with and am buying all of his water damage equipment as he is retiring soon.

Fred Homan

A few cc's around here only offer 35-40% to me....NO waaay! All they do is set it up and make most of the $$$

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
dealtimeman said:
i dont think anyone wants to work for fitty percent unless you have high rates and it is worth it. brian how do you compare 13 lost ten times a month, to doing two $200 jobs for you and losing $200 dollars total? i seriously dont understand how guys can afford to work for half rate really. :?

I would bet you are working for 50% right now.
Meaning what it takes to get a new customer.
These customers I pay for, sell to, qualify and all the other crap that I have mentioned that you have to do for the customers you get on your own.

I just allow you to work more on the truck and less on the phone and office.
That's the main idea of it.

Couldn't you do more jobs per day if you just answered the cell phone and nothing else?

Even if it's a repeat customer, you paid to them at sometime. Even a referal, you paid to get the person who you refered.
I can tell you how you paid for every job you get, even your family because you probably give them the friends and family discount.

Why is this so hard to understand?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I think I need to stop promoting this so much.
I can't do it for everyone....yet.

I really am just looking for the O/O that doesn't want to do the business side of a business.

I understand why most are against it who are on this board...because they are trying to build there own company.
Or have there company where they want it.

I get that.

If anyone know of someone like that in the Atlanta area, I would appreciate it if they would forward my info to them.

Thanks

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
brian why dont you work a program that as your vendor proves themselves to you you cut back on the rate to at least 30 percent then you might get better luck finding quality guys and generating call mbacks (not saying that you already do not get call back just might help).

joe harper

Name
joe harper
D-MAN.....is right on the #....

70% to 30%......is the only FAIR percentage for both Parties involved...... :!:

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I have done 60-40 for some because of drive time or other problems.
Sealing and protecting, I have changed as well because there are some expensive solutions to be bought by the tech.

Depending on my model set up will dictate the %
The guys in this area get quality jobs, don't have to travel and I will even help on some bigger jobs...and still give the same %.
I will even drive out to meet them to exchange paperwork sometimes.

It really depends on how fair it is to everyone.

I truly believe that I am helping people by doing this.

As many ccers who have gone out of business because of lack of it, they are now working and with less hassle.
I feel good about what I am doing because I am the type of person who wouldn't be able to sleep otherwise.

I probably would be hurting right now if I would have stayed on the truck and try to make the company work they way I had been.

By jumping off the truck and focusing on getting work full time instead of between jobs..or just to tired at the end of the day to want to do it....I am able to get a ton more customers and share the wealth....No, not like Obama...If you work for the money, you keep it in my world.

G

why don't you just STFU

buy a banner for your recruitment cant you see no one here wants to work for a mere 50% and pay insurance gas chemicals machines wear and tear to be a slave for some fast talking POS salesman

Able 1

Name
Keith
I would work for him probably, wouldn't get "priority" in my book but if I'm not doing anything else WGAS.. I work for a company that dose this actually did one today for them, still hit 100.00 an hour so why would I care?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Gordon said:
why don't you just STFU

buy a banner for your recruitment cant you see no one here wants to work for a mere 50% and pay insurance gas chemicals machines wear and tear to be a slave for some fast talking POS salesman

I'm not selling anything.

Don't **** with people's websites or you might get banned asshole

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Ahh, now see? You made me get all upset and called you a bad name.

I'll say it nicely.
Please don't mess around with my website.
Thank you,
Brian

Now back to our regularly scheduled program.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
He's just filling out some forms and all that.
No big deal really. was actually kinda funny, but close to messing with my company.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
10-4................. 8)

Mary..........You do realize if your are coming to the South....(Atlanta).....
You wil have to change your "GAME"...... :!:

You will be perceived as a ......"CARPETBAGGER"..... :wink:

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Able 1 said:
I would work for him probably, wouldn't get "priority" in my book but if I'm not doing anything else WGAS.. I work for a company that dose this actually did one today for them, still hit 100.00 an hour so why would I care?

I missed this post the first time.

Keith is a bit more level headed than Harpo and Gordo...are you two dating or something?

It' all about how much money you make after all is said and done.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I can seee where someone might think that.

Jen wants to live there because most of her Mary Kay unit is there.
She's from OK and lived in FL for a while.
I like the idea of moving the hell out of this liberal ass state and maybe not giving up body parts for rent or mortgage. I use to live in MO.

Seems like a good idea and I'm never scared of an adventure.
Not too mention, who doesn't like the Braves?

We'll see what happens.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Naaaa. I got my company here to fall back on.

The Niners suck but they are still my favorite team.

We are going to make a trip out to check out the areas. If I am near you, I will stop by and say hi.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I can still run my company and "home" while in my new home.

Cell phones, ads, customer relations etc.
shouldn't really be any different.

Only thing would be my Letip group.
I would try to have my brother fill the position and see how that works but who knows.

I would still answer and schedule and all that.

My brother would be a middle man for paperwork to and from techs and do pre inspections like now.

It's in the works and I am sure there are a few bugs but I have high hopes.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom