should I send 5000 EDDM's to the same area?

Name
Lyon
I've never done EDDM. I have 5000 pieces that I need to send out in the next week, expiration date on the cards is July 30th, they are the correct size 6.5 by 9. And are property labeled.

They are for tile cleaning and color seal, so I'm thinking of targeting neighborhoods that are less than 10 years old, cause newer homes have more tile and less carpet, avg income areas of $90,000 or more household income.

Is it better to saturate one area or pick the best neighborhoods in a couple counties that are spread out by 30 miles, but meet the right demographics?

TomKing

Supportive Member
Name
Tom
Pick the carrier routes that fit your target.
Have you used the tool to look at the routes? Sometimes the route does not cover the whole neighborhood.

Reactions: Moser Brothers

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Like Tom said you can use that tool and drill down to get the demographics you want. You don't need to do the whole zip. You pick the routes within the zip you want. It lists the average household income, number in the route and cost. Write down the zips you like and make a file.

Follow it step by step and in the print packet you print the cover sheet and the route sheet for each route. Break them up into 100 bundles and copy the route sheet for each bundle. You can pay postage online with credit card or pay with check at the post office.

Its easier than it sounds. If I can do it, you can too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Name
Lyon
Pick the carrier routes that fit your target.
Have you used the tool to look at the routes? Sometimes the route does not cover the whole neighborhood.

I'm having a title company do a search for me for free, then I'll match up the mail routes to the neighborhoods I want to target, I just found out that you can send postcards to existing clients for only 25 cents, if I get a good enough response from the mailing then it may be worth the $450 bulk mail permit

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
I make a note in my book anytime I see a street or subdivision I'd like to send to. Then you can just look up the routes that go there.

Myself, I'd try to stay as close to home as possible and mix in some farther away fancy places. 30 miles is far for us, even for tile.

Reactions: Moser Brothers
Name
Lyon
EDDM is 17.5 per piece plus your cost to print. It should come in under the. 25 without the need fot a permit.

Post cards to existing clients aren't going to be EDDM unless they get a EDDM piece if they're in the mail route. Post card rates are 34 cents, I can't find all the bulk mail rates, I believe it's 39 cents bulk rate first class letter and 25 for post card. The bulk mail would only be worth it if you mail at lot

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
I would keep it in a tight geographic area if possible and repeat monthly for around 6 months. Hard to judge a 1x-2x drop.

Also physically travel to these neighborhoods first to see what they look like. One of the worst campaigns we had averaged $90k year income also.
The problem was the houses were small and the kitchens were 150 sqr ft or smaller with tiny bathrooms of 70 sqr or less.

Make sure you have an organized sales system ready also. Often people give feedback on various ad campaigns and the fact is they suck at sales.
The lead is only part of the story, still have to close that deal.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom