Should we upload biz pix to Photobucket or our Media Page on our biz Site?

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
before we post pix (whether it is before & after pix or pix of our equipment, etc...) on the forums, would it be better to upload the pix to our Wordpress site's Media page than to upload it to a site like Photobucket?

ie: www . before&afterpic1onmyWordPressSite.com / www . before&afterpic1onPhotoBucket.com

this way more traffic will goto my site. or is this of no value to me?

tx!

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
no i don't have any yet, still waiting on that part :razz:

was just wondering for future reference.

Reactions: Desk Jockey
Name
Bruce
I have a Mikeysboard folder on my server for any pictures that I upload to this forum. www.truklean.com/mikeysboard , that way I don't get these pictures mixed up with any pictures that are on my website. I wouldn't upload them to your wordpress media page unless you are going to use them on your website, do you have access to make a new folder?

Reactions: Derek

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Put them on your site. Make sure you put in all of the proper tags so their searchable.

If you want to store your photo library somewhere else, check the policies of the site. You may be giving the rights to your photos away in return for that storage and access.

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
Put them on your site. Make sure you put in all of the proper tags so their searchable.

If you want to store your photo library somewhere else, check the policies of the site. You may be giving the rights to your photos away in return for that storage and access.

idk 100% what or how the "proper tags" thing works :shifty:

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
You have a WordPress site, so check to see if you have the SEO All in One pack. If you don't, load it onto your site. Everytime you upload a picture it will ask you for tag information.
There are tutorials on WP to show you how to use it.

PS: You can put a link to your site in the picture. Picture thieves are usually too stupid to remove tag info so if they use your picture it still leads to your site.

Back
Top Bottom