shur flo or flo jet pump problem

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
I dont remember which, and to lazy to go look...

its a 100 psi pump...

anyway it started cutting out, and you would have to smack the machine to get it going (this is my prespray machine)

So i finally took it out...and apart....cleaned it out, put a little lube on it, test...test...test again, it works fine....out of the machine and in.....

Now its cutting out again...this time more....

I had one do it before and it was the Carbon brushes worn down and had build up...cleaned it and worked fine...but they were WAY worn.....

Near as i can tell not a problem here...

when it pumps its still strong.....it just needs a good whack...and getting worse

WTF is going on here??

John Olson

Name
John Olson
If you spent more then 15 minutes trying to fix it it would have been cheaper to replace it....just saying...

You can always make more money but you cannot make more time~John Olson

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
"Whack" it harder....then what ever is sticking or lose will finally come free or break and then you will know what is wrong........then you can finally stop wasting your time with it and replace it and get it over with....pretty sure that's the road your heading down anyway........

Able 1

Name
Keith
X2 I wish I wouldn't have thrown away as many perfectly good pumps as I have..

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I would think that Doug is smart enough to check the switch.....I am thinking the armature is sticking.....

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Doug is hard headed but not completely stupid I'm sure he already replaced the switch right Doug?

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
uhhhh switch what switch:eekk::redface:

as i tell my mechanic.....my brain isnt always there for trouble shooting...thats why i ask you guys.....

just like this....cleaned it all out...but didnt even think about the switch....

because i do believe the last 1 or 2 on there may not have had one.....unless it was built in???

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom