Shut off in waste tank?

davep105

Name
Dave Pires
My float valve in my waste tank didn't work on a job this morning? I think it needs adjustment but not sure. Water was coming out my vacuum exhaust. It was spraying out pretty good. I drained the tank and ran the machine for a while. I then sprayed wd-40 in the lubrication port to dry up any water that was in there. Should I do anything else? Maybe change the oil in the blower? Thanks for any info in advance.

Greenie

One thing I've always wondered on units with Blower Heat Exchangers, with the radiator core style HX, do they get clogged up with lint and crap over time, and how much worse is this with an overflow situation?

I'm thinkin' I'd like to have a look at that HX.

Q: for Forsythe and other brainy types:
How bad do you think the blower HX restrict airflow in order to capture more heat? Some have many many rows of cores for the blower exhaust to pass across.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
were you parked on a incline??

depending on how steep and what direction, the blower can start sucking water before the float switch disengages the pump clutch

as Kevin already said, your blower should be fine.

..L.T.A.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
I would run a stream of clear water thru it for 20 seconds...while running, then finish wit a good shot of WD40!

That should get everyone goin'!!!

MerCrewser

dave105 said:
My float valve in my waste tank didn't work on a job this morning? I think it needs adjustment but not sure. Water was coming out my vacuum exhaust. It was spraying out pretty good. I drained the tank and ran the machine for a while. I then sprayed wd-40 in the lubrication port to dry up any water that was in there. Should I do anything else? Maybe change the oil in the blower? Thanks for any info in advance.

What greenie says. You need to pull the blower exhaust heat exchangers and clean them. They will not come off easily, be prepared to pry them off with a big flat head driver AND a putty knife. It will take time and patience.

Bob Foster

Warning: For the next week you will hear every single tiny little funny noise when you TM is running and wonder if everyone here knows what we are talking about............ :lol:

Kevin B

Name
Kevin Bunce
My spitfire 4.0 used to overflow all the time. Waste tank float was too close to the top of the vacuum inlet.

That HX had tiny little holes for the air to pass through, it wasn't plugged that badly. It had like 1 or 2 holes plugged up by lint, after like 6 years of operation.

Water overflow eventually bent a valve on the engine though :(

davep105

Name
Dave Pires
The float doesn't come up all the time when the tank is filled with water. I'm not sure if there is an adjustment on it or it needs to be replaced?

davep105

Name
Dave Pires
I think there is just on one the top? It seems to move freely pretty good but like I said sometimes it doesn't catch when the tank fills up?

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
The one at the top turns the pump out ON, but there should be one at the bottom to turn it back OFF. The float COULD be partially full of water...seen that too.....most of the time it's a wiring problem!

Kevin B

Name
Kevin Bunce
Not necessarily bob. There could be one float, or two floats.

One float, could just mean that they don't have a pump out. 2 floats could mean one for the pumpout, and one for the shutoff.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
I suppose an argument could be made for each way... but i'm perfectly able to shut my OWN machine off.....i've ran the Genie so long that i KNOW when the WT is close ta full......

davep105

Name
Dave Pires
I don't have a pump out system just one float that shuts the machine down when the waste tank gets filled.

MerCrewser

The 405 has one float. Either it's full of water, or you have a foam problem, with high foam levels blowing out the blower. This can happen from a pinhole leak at the bottom of the tank, or the dump valve is leaking. How can you run a 405 with out a pump out? You must have to dump after every other room! Its not good to have the machine shuts itself down all the time at working loads and temp.

davep105

Name
Dave Pires
No foam was coming out just water. The dump valve is leaking though. I thought the purpose of a pump out was for water damage jobs? Isn't there something that will switch the 405 over to muffler mode after it gets to certain temps to help it not bypass as much water?

Name
steve snail
Hey bob, does "Our nice young man" also know when the tank is dang near full? Or does he spray the customers garage door and drive with that urine infested waste water?

MerCrewser

dave105 said:
Isn't there something that will switch the 405 over to muffler mode after it gets to certain temps to help it not bypass as much water?

No. If my pump out breaks, I cancel work till I can get it fixed. You need to get one. How long have you been using this machine?

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Steve..my Genie tank is over 100 gal so it is seldom that we fill it except on real big jobs...as he is does houses that seldom exceed 650 sq of carpet total...it is a non-problem! But sometimes circumstances dictate that we can't dump and have ta double up and SOMETIMES it WILL blow out the stainless muffler under the truck....that's why we rinse ever other day wit a clear stream of water THROUGH the blower...........

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom