Shutting down after the holidays

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Anyone else been working 7 days a week for the last 2 months?
After Christmas I won't be doing another job until Jan.....But I'll be doing a week on and a week off through March.....Or at least that's the idea.

I've let other things get neglected a bit so I'll focus on carpet cleaning one week and everything else the next.

Looking forward to some time off.

Of course I'll probably get some customer who "needs" their carpet cleaned and I'll more than likely fold. :lol:

Chris A

Name
Chris
not 7 days a week, but we've been pretty well slamming since late October. We too will be shut down between Christmas and New Years, then 4 days a week through Jan., a week off in FL in Feb, and 4 days a week until the first week or so in March.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
I don't have to work this winter. But, I'll do what comes in. (Weather providing)

Any money left over from the winter fund will go into the new van fund. Working on a 27k sq ft bid for January. The manager wants us to do the work. I'll see if they want to pay my price.

Commercial has been not very reliable here in the long run. Clean them once then they go in-house or just don't clean to save money. (Some medical places haven't cleaned in over ten years.Yuck!!)

I'm wanting some slow time to work on a new project. (I always have a winter project.)

I get too antsy to just sit.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
6 AM, December 26th I start a 25000 sf job (with a ton of upholstery) with a 4 day completion window, the Recoil and the Worrier will both be humming. First week in January booked solid. After that, I'll be phoning my business line from the land line to be sure it's working, although January can be OK- it's February to about mid April that things die off.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Maybe if you OPed your Commercial and gave them a bit of a deal?....Yes, I'm serious.

This whole OP thing DOES make the winter easier to manage.

I really just don't feel like working in cold weather. lmao.....But I feel guilty if I don't take care of people. Go figure.

Becker

Name
Becker
Brian R said:
After Christmas I won't be doing another job until Jan.....But I'll be doing a week on and a week off through March.....Or at least that's the idea.

I've let other things get neglected a bit so I'll focus on carpet cleaning one week and everything else the next.

Of course I'll probably get some customer who "needs" their carpet cleaned and I'll more than likely fold. :lol:

Does not sound like a real business.

7 days a week sounds like a prison sentence.

I'm working till Friday at about noon, then off till at least Jan 3rd.

You seem to lack focus Brian.. Or so it seems.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I'm more focused than anyone you'll ever meet Becker.

Problem is I can only focus on one thing at a time and I've got too many things to focus on.

The ADHD is not a deficit.....It's lack of ablitiy to focus on anything else other than what you're focusing on. It's a super human power....Multi talking is my Kryptonite. !gotcha!

Giorgio

Name
Giorgio
I usually take the last week of the year off work to chill w/ the family.

we might take a road trip or just hop a plane somewhere.

San Diego sounds nice this time of year.

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
Brian R said:

We have had a couple of contractors that want Sunday jobs so we started scheduling them.

Connor

Name
Connor
Brian R said:

Dude, talking about you fat girl diet shakes ain't exactly working, Jenny Craig.

Becker

Name
Becker
Brian R said:

Does than mean we can all look forward to more than the normal number of posts from you?

NicoleH

Name
Nicole Costa Hernandez
If you need to take some time off do you still answer your phone or do they go to voicemail? (I know your answer Brian)

No need to miss calls while you're away. Consider forwarding your phone to Full Circle as little or as much as you need. For $.49 to $1.75 per minute (monthly plans vary) our staff of professional CSR's are trained specifically in carpet cleaning techniques and will provide your customers with excellent service. Questions? Call 888-638-1315 to speak with a CSR
www.fullcirclemember.com

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
Tried to take off between Christmas and new years but phone ringing to hard. We will be pretty slammed till June when school lets out then we will slow downs bit. Then in September it will all start over again!!

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I just tell people I'm booked...I don't tell them with what.

Hey Nicole....haven't seen you on in a while......How's things??

Back
Top Bottom