Simple TM...Now something like this looks promising.

I am not endorsing any particular system or manufacturer...but by way of example...what would be the drawbacks of multiservice TM setup like this? It Would seem to handle Carpet, Tile, and Floodwork.

Vac: $6000 http://acceleratedtruckmounts.com/FloodMaster.htm
FloodMaster-Large.jpg

Heat: $1400 http://www.***************/store/little-giant-120000-propane-heater-pressure-p-4942.html
little_giant.jpg

Pressure: $850 http://www.pressurewashersdirect.com/Cam-Spray-1500ADE/p1062.html
1500ADE_500.jpg

Looks good to me...but I am a newbie...what the frack do I know?

Vac, Heat, Pressure...it seems simple and to the point.

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
Need gas, propane, and still need electric for the PW. Also lack of calibrated chem metering. All of which could be overcome, of course.

dgardner said:
Need gas, propane, and still need electric for the PW. Also lack of calibrated chem metering. All of which could be overcome, of course.

Yes...since I work empty rentals...I tend to forget residential customers might be PITA.... do you think that they would be resistive to even a single plug in?

Do you think a guy could get a "feel" for the pumps syphon chemical feed? Or would you have to take other measures?

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
what are you trying to accomplish, Thom?

I just dont see enough advantages to a modular TM
"maybe" an electric one, but seems like you're trying to re-event the wheel

..L.T.A.

That's kind of funny Larry ...cause you were the one that told me to think about "components" when considering a TM... :shock:

Trying to accomplish ...
simplicity
versatility
reliability
serviceability
Cost Effectiveness

On a scale from 1-10 how would you guys rate the performance of each of the modules?

Vac?

Heat?

Pressure?

meAt said:
DevilThomas said:
On a scale from 1-10 how would you guys rate the performance of each of the modules?

Vac?

Heat?

Pressure?

Those particular ones?
or in general?

..L.T.A.

Both...In terms of performance spec's.. if I could get your opinion...generally and in particular...your integrity and experience command my attention.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Heat, from my experience is good. #3 gets baout 180 at the wand. I have it and its fine. If you need more heat #4 LG Accelerated tms have diffeent packages with everything included

steve g

Name
steve garrett
DevilThomas said:
I am not endorsing any particular system or manufacturer...but by way of example...what would be the drawbacks of multiservice TM setup like this? It Would seem to handle Carpet, Tile, and Floodwork.

Vac: $6000 http://acceleratedtruckmounts.com/FloodMaster.htm
FloodMaster-Large.jpg

Heat: $1400 http://www.***************/store/little-giant-120000-propane-heater-pressure-p-4942.html
little_giant.jpg

Pressure: $850 http://www.pressurewashersdirect.com/Cam-Spray-1500ADE/p1062.html
1500ADE_500.jpg

Looks good to me...but I am a newbie...what the frack do I know?

Vac, Heat, Pressure...it seems simple and to the point.

funny you post a pic of that machine, I saw one at a suppliers a while back and honestly its the biggest POS sorriest excuse for a truckmount I have seen, if you going to get one thing right in a truckmount, it better at least be the frame. the problem with that machine is basically the sheet metal is too thin, and forms a box, if you take a cardboard box cut both ends and the bottom off, the top would move around quite a bit right?? well that is exactly what happens. next just to make this fair and simple to show what I am talking about, reach under the machine, there is a belt driven pump out mounted under it, then sqeeze the belt with 2 fingers, 2 is all you need, it will cause the entire machine and frame to flex big time. good lord I can only imagine what its like while running under load. duane will come on and say all kinds of crap about how great the machines are, this one I saw sucked.

if you want a simple machine get the judson unit, especially if you don't mind propane, a while back they were selling them for 10k without the heater, pretty good deal i say.

this is only something you will hear on mikeysboard, all truth and no fluff

Thats good input... :!:

I would have imagined a strong steel frame with supports under the major components....

Does Judson or someone make a flood model.... just like that one.... with compairable specs.... and a good support frame?

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
DevilThomas said:
dgardner said:

Yes...since I work empty rentals...I tend to forget residential customers might be PITA.... do you think that they would be resistive to even a single plug in?

Do you think a guy could get a "feel" for the pumps syphon chemical feed? Or would you have to take other measures?

No, I was just thinking of moveouts, etc. where the power had been turned off. You could certainly bucket calibrate your chem feed, but then changing chems or dilution would be a huge pain. Are you going to add fresh and waste tanks, or do autofill/APO? Hose reels, etc? On the one hand, you start to approach the cost of a regular TM, on the other hand you start to sound more and more like a porty, what with the electric and all.

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley
By the way... Like all of our systems, the FloodMaster series has been redesigned. Here is what that system looks like now...

DSCN1659b.jpg

DSCN1661b.jpg

The pictures are "raw", I know. They haven't been processed for the web site update we're working on. That particular one has a 90- degree turn on the inlet, because it went into a box truck whose opwner requested it that way.

joeynbgky said:

Problem is you are not comparing like TM's.
To compare like TM's you would have to compare the TCS "Flood Trooper" with Accelerated's "Flood Master Max".

It looks like you still get more with Accelerated.

It looks like Duane answered your "frame" objection pretty well...was that your only complaint?

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley
Thanks.

Those pictures are over a year old. Since then, we went to dual exhaust and Roots DSL blowers.

The web site, as I said, needs to be updated and we're working on that. None of our systems have the folded- over metal design any more. For instance, here are a couple of system pictures of other ones to give you an idea:

DSCN1252.jpg

DSCN2054b.jpg

Here's one we did for a customer recently from used parts (Something we do quite often, BTW...)... a Cat 3CP and a Sutorbilt 3L, from an old Prochem we tore down:

DSCN2145.jpg

joeynbgky said:
Heat, from my experience is good. #3 gets baout 180 at the wand. I have it and its fine. If you need more heat #4 LG Accelerated tms have diffeent packages with everything included

Don't want everything included... I want what I want... :wink:

With the "warm water" pressure washer mentioned...you could if available... connect to on site "hot" water...less than 180 degrees...turn down the pressure to less than 600psi...and then run to #3...for "scorching" performance at the wand... when needed....like in a greasy restaurant.

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley
I hear you, but don't understand the reasoning.

You can turn the heat on a heater up or down as needed. And with one like you see above, you can get 240 ATW continuously, if desired.

I tweaked one last Saturday just to see what I could get it to do and it pegged 280 at the machine. (That's as high as the gauge will go...) and delivered 270 ATW, through a #6 jet for 5 minutes, before we turned it back down.

(I know some people think it's over- kill, but many of the same people want "10 flow" systems, etc. And at higher flow rates, the temperature will be lower...)

A system like that starts at $12,500 (Predator Unleashed, which is what I'm planning to bring to MikeFest), complete, from us. I believe it would be difficult to assemble one from various parts purchased new for that price...

Ryan

If you want simple and reliable, and your planning on having to pulg in a cord anyways... why not just buy a nordic unit?

Ryan said:
If you want simple and reliable, and your planning on having to pulg in a cord anyways... why not just buy a nordic unit?

Hey...why didn't I think of that... :roll:

Actually cleaned with Terry's unit this week...its a great unit!

But the catagory is Motor TM's...that can handle flood, carpet, and tile work.

I think the "one plug in" complaint is kind of disingenuous..I mean really...you never plug in a 175, or rotovac?

Ryan

Gotya I was just curious, after reading your thread about Terrys machine.

Chris A

Name
Chris
Just seems like an awfully huge pain in the ass vs. just pluggin a heater into your van at night. It doesn't get THAT cold in Bellingham, does it? Self storage places are also usually climate controlled and run $75-85 per month for a garage sized unit.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I started to write a lengthy post....but changed tac

book your airfare and room and be in Nashville the weekend of the 20th.
Not only will you see a cornucopia of TM's and gear, you'll also learn a tremendous amount.

at the same time, having a GREAT time shooting the breeze, watching the drunks make fools of themselves in the evening, and listening to BDs tell lies about how great they are

AND it's tax deductible...it'll well worth the $500 or so to attend.
or dress real warm with a bottle of oxygen and stow yourself in one of Terry's luggage bags
sleep on the couch in the hotel lobby.
If they kick you out, I'll let you sleep in my minivan.....

lastly, I like DooWayne.
I consider him a good guy.
I don't anything about his "new design" TM's..maybe he has the glaring warts worked out..I donno
But if you get guys that actually own his TMs to talk "off the record" you may not be so impressed with them

I'll be back latter to share some thoughts on minimum needs, what "I" consider the "sweet spot" and what I think is overkill......other's mileage my vary of course, but 4/5ths of them don't know squat anyway.. :shock: ... :mrgreen:

and also share why I think you're making this more complicated than it needs to be.
I understand the simplicity part and wanting to save a buck...but one can also be penny wise and pound foolish
you're at $9K now and that "system" you're considering is still incomplete to fully handle your "needs"

so much for that NON lengthy post I intended .....LOL

..L.T.A.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
meAt said:
I started to write a lengthy post....but changed tac

book your airfare and room and be in Nashville the weekend of the 20th.
Not only will you see a cornucopia of TM's and gear, you'll also learn a tremendous amount.

at the same time, having a GREAT time shooting the breeze, watching the drunks make fools of themselves in the evening, and listening to BDs tell lies about how great they are

AND it's tax deductible...it'll well worth the $500 or so to attend.
or dress real warm with a bottle of oxygen and stow yourself in one of Terry's luggage bags
sleep on the couch in the hotel lobby.
If they kick you out, I'll let you sleep in my minivan.....

lastly, I like DooWayne.
I don't anything about his "new design" TM's..maybe he has the glaring warts worked out..I donno
But if you get guys that actually own his TMs to talk "off the record" you may not be so impressed with them

I'll be back latter to share some thoughts on minimum needs, what "I" consider the "sweet spot" and what I think is overkill......other's mileage my vary of course, but 4/5ths of them don't know squat anyway.. :shock: ... :mrgreen:

and also share why I think you're making this more complicated than it needs to be.
I understand the simplicity part and wanting to save a buck...but one can also be penny wise and pound foolish
you're at $9K now and that "system" you're considering is still incomplete to fully handle your "needs"

so much for that NON lengthy post I intended .....LOL

..L.T.A.
dibbs on the minivan........

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley
meAt said:

Hey, Larry...

As far as I know, you don't know anyone who has any of the open- frame systems. But to clue you in... We've been building them exclusively for about 2 years now.

We have as close to 100% success with them as you can get. (I'd say we have 100%, but it would sound like an exaggeration.) For instance, right now, we're getting ready to ship 2 to a customer in New Zealand, who bought 2 about a year and a half ago. He's delighted, or he wouldn't have ordered two more. (And if you think about it, by having 2 for this much time, the chances of a problem showing up are twice as much as with one.)

Ross Craig ("Roro") will be receiving his in about 4 weeks (allowing for shipping time to New Zealand.), so check with him.

Kevin McCreary is another. He's been cleaning carpet for over 20 years and has had every system imaginable during that time, from Vortex to Hydramaster, to White Magic and several others. He knows truck mounts, knows what he wants and he's picky.

He got a 3047 Dominator oil- fired (which is belt- driven) in September. He's tickled and says it's "everything I hoped it would be". (He sold his HydraMaster Titan after getting the Dominator.) He did have to work on the pump once and remarked, "One of the things I like so much about this system is that you designed it with the owner in mind. (I literally custom- designed it for him, to fit his Ford Transit Connect. That 47 blower working with a continuous pump- out was a first.) It's so logical and easy to work on, it's like you read my mind." His system has had a (vacuum) flow switch problem. The manufacturer changed the design and made it in a way that didn't last, for some reason, which is too bad, because previously, that was the most trouble- free switch we'd ever used.. So I over-nighted him another and I'm getting him an entirely new kind (thanks, Bob Savage).

Other customers, including Sherman Williams (belt- driven 1836 Dominator), Billy Walker (belt- driven Dominator: the first one, reconstructed from an old "Hammer" I sold him in 1998), Ken Williams (belt- driven 1836 Dominator, which he received Saturday), don't do the internet thing, but are available to "testify", if you want to call them.

You'll see yourself when you get to Nashville.

And by the way... The folded- over sheet metal approach in itself isn't "bad". The successful and popular "Hammer", "SledgeHammer" and "PowerPak" systems I designed and built in the 1990's were all "broken metal" designs. (I can't keep a used Hammer in stock, they're in such high demand...) The basic difference with them was that the spans weren't as wide or long, so metal thickness inconsistencies (i.e., "close tolerances") didn't affect them like they did the subsequent designs that had longer and or wider spans. The systems with the wider spans were all direct- coupled. And a system frame that flexes simply doesn't work well with DC drive trains.

meAt said:
lastly, I like DooWayne.

Thanks, Larry... I wuv you, too... :lol:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom