Simple TM...Now something like this looks promising.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
For the easiest truck mount and the most inexpensive all you need is a waste tank, Mount 2-3 electric vac motors on top, a 500psi pumptec pump ,a little giant heater and a 65 gal poly water tank.

Simple , easy to make, not a powerhouse. But will be very adequate in most situation up to 150'.

For longer runs I would suggest a vac booster.

I have a similar unit and mine kicks ass.

In the winter I pull into the client's garage and shut the door.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
http://truckmountdirect.com/

I have had negative opinions about judson's chemical line, but if you want a simple machine, the judson TNT is your huckleberry. there is a ton of good things to say about it. waste tanked mounted under it, this will save a bunch of space, its belt driven, no stupid couplers to worry about which are used on similar machines all belt driven is a good thing. If I was going to run a NEW propane machine I think I would buy one. this machine looks idiot proof to me and a great choice for dumb techs and other idiots that have no mechanical knowledge. of course with a pump clutch this unit would make an ideal flood machine, its as simple as starting a lawn mower, can you say no truckmount training. #4 blower 20 hp motor, cat pump, its all a single wand guy needs.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Duane Oxley said:
Hey, Larry...

As far as I know, you don't know anyone who has any of the open- frame systems. But to clue you in... We've been building them exclusively for about 2 years now.

Thanks DooWayne
which design was Danny's POS?

and was McCreary's accolades during the honeymoon period?
I know he turns over his TMs pretty regular and often.
Let us know if he buys another in the next year or two

Thanks

..L.T.A.

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley
meAt said:
Thanks DooWayne
which design was Danny's POS?

Broken metal. And I was going to re-build it onto a new frame for him, but he got into a bad partnership and basically got screwed out of it...

meAt said:
and was McCreary's accolades during the honeymoon period?
I know he turns over his TMs pretty regular and often.
Let us know if he buys another in the next year or two
Thanks
..L.T.A.

His accolades are constant. And I'll let you know this Spring, when he gets the second one... 8)

T

The Magician

Duane I think the best and most powerful TM you manufacturer is the Dominator. You need to advertize it more.

Spurling

I actually like Duanes TM designs .. I know 2 people from my area who bought a truckmount from him .. 1 guy about 6-7yrs ago and the only thing he didnt like was the super small waste tank it came with .. so he installed a 75 gallon and he has never had a problem with the machine .. it ran flawlessly with great suction .. aprox 3500 hrs and all is origional

the other guy bought his aprox 5-6 yrs ago and his waste tank rotted out last year due to neglegence .. (never cleaning it out) .. the only problem he had was the propane heater dial/control failed .. other than that the unit ran strong ..

based on their experiences, I would definately recommend Duanes machines .. I also like the El Diablo, Judson and maybe TCS

P.S. I researched Duanes machines and referred these guys to buy so I could see how well they worked for when I was ready .. I would definately consider one .. and the fact hes willing to custom build to suit, says alot ..

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley
sowbelly said:
In my opinion, Duane's got as many different TM's as Bridgepoints got presprays.

Simplify your line, doofus.

It's very obvious that you don't read posts longer than a paragraph, Porky. (I forgot that we have an Alabammy boi here... :eek:)

That's what the Dominator did... simplified things.

Here, I'll summarize for you...

We have two basic designs now: Predators and Dominators

Everything is built on one of those two concepts.

hogjowl

Idiot™
I ran TCS units for 20 years ... up until I bought my Vortex. They are a good company. The thing that gets me about TCS is that they refuse to keep up with the times. The last time I was there, which was only about two months ago, I was looking at a waste tank they were about to put into a Chief II, and it had two itty-bitty 2 inch outlets coming off the tank and these were choked down to less than 2 inches due to the plastic connectors they had screwed into the openings. Their in-tank filters are two inch filters, and not 2.5 and the opening coming into the tank off the blower is choked down from 3 inches to 2.5.

They know better than doing that ... but just seem not to care enough to change things.

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley
Spurling said:
I actually like Duanes TM designs .. I know 2 people from my area who bought a truckmount from him .. 1 guy about 6-7yrs ago and the only thing he didnt like was the super small waste tank it came with .. so he installed a 75 gallon and he has never had a problem with the machine .. it ran flawlessly with great suction .. aprox 3500 hrs and all is origional

the other guy bought his aprox 5-6 yrs ago and his waste tank rotted out last year due to neglegence .. (never cleaning it out) .. the only problem he had was the propane heater dial/control failed .. other than that the unit ran strong ..

based on their experiences, I would definately recommend Duanes machines .. I also like the El Diablo, Judson and maybe TCS

P.S. I researched Duanes machines and referred these guys to buy so I could see how well they worked for when I was ready .. I would definately consider one .. and the fact hes willing to custom build to suit, says alot ..

Thanks. Both of the systems you mention were broken metal frame ones, BTW.

I'll put either a Predator Unleashed or a Dominator propane up against any oil- fired system any day of the week. At 250,000 BTU's there's little comparison. And by changing over to oil- fired versions of the Unleashed or Dominators, we can bump it up to 400,000 BTU's and keep it the same physical size as the propane. (I know some will yell it's "overkill", but it's not when running two wands...)

I toyed around with the idea of coining a slogan to the effect of: "We have no limits to the heat we can deliver. Tell us what you want and we can make it.", but decided against it, even though it's true.

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley
sowbelly said:
Their in-tank filters are two inch filters, and not 2.5 and the opening coming into the tank off the blower is choked down from 3 inches to 2.5.

I have never reduced the airway diameter on any of the systems I've designed. Period. (You can search out my posts from the 1990's on CleanFax and ICS to verify this...) In fact, recently, I've been toying with an idea (thanks, Paul Brown), that goes one step further... using external flanges on the blower ports in lieu of screwing in connectors, in order to have the full diameter of the actual port size for airflow... For instance, a 2.5" port would in effect, be "expanded" to 2.875"

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley
sowbelly said:
Duane:

You do realize I wasn't talking about you ... right?

Yep...

And if you mention something about having small pulleys that require over- tightening the belts in order to have enough traction, resulting in premature engine rear main seal and / or bearing failure, I'll know you're not talking about me, too.

(Such a design flaw would likely be the result of having the engine and blower shafts too close together to allow for larger pulleys.)

'Course, I'd probably mention the fact that we use over- sized pulleys, which require less tension... and we always have... in response to such a statement.

8)

Name
Kevin McCreary
I Must say, I do really like the machine Duane built for me. Its so simple!

I have yet to see a machine with better heat at the wand. (even with my open trigger style cleaning)

Sure I had a few bugs to work out when I got it, but that is to be expected with any new machine.

Especially the first one built custom to fit in a Ford Transit connect!

At least it was easy to fix myself and I got the parts locally for a realistic price. I didnt have to call

some jackass in Linwood Washington or Prescott Airzona and order some $900 piece of metal that only

he can get. The machine and Van are really fun to work out of , I get way more attention with it than a

Vortex. Mostly logical people who notice we are doing more with less, and where talking about higher end home

owners. I have yet to have someone complain or say "where is the big truck?" or "will that little thing do as good of a job?".

If anything it gets attention of being cool, or goes unnoticed. All of this is way off subject, but I have to say that the machine was a

good investment, it has paid for itself allready and its also cool if you like to modify or tweak things because its easy.

On a side note it is very productive, it cleans and cleans, until you get tired or run out of fuel. It wont shut off because

it ran out of water or its full or some silly sensor or float says to shut down. Then when Im done I can reel up 350 feet of

vac line with my power reel. I love it and the fact that I save 30 dollars a day in fuel X 25 days a month covers the payment

and insurance!

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
Kevin said:
The machine and Van are really fun to work out of, I get way more attention with it than a Vortex. Mostly logical people who notice we are doing more with less, and where talking about higher end homeowners. I have yet to have someone complain or say "where is the big truck?" or "will that little thing do as good of a job?". If anything it gets attention of being cool, or goes unnoticed. I love it and the fact that I save 30 dollars a day in fuel X 25 days a month covers the payment and insurance!

Hey Kevin,

I work out of an Astro van, so it is nice to not use as much gas driving around as my 3/4 ton van does. No customer has said anything about such a small van and how can it clean well. I have had 3 other carpet cleaners say that though, so what does that tell you. That tells you that the mindset of the majority of carpet cleaners think you have to have a BIG truck and a BIG machine in order to clean right, NOT our customers.

SIMPLE is better, as long as simple cleans well, is efficient, and reliable.

I also don't use any gasoline in running the machine, as it is electric, so there is a tremendous daily cost savings. That will even be better savings when gas takes that roller coaster ride again, which it will.

Duane is one of the good guys.

Chris A

Name
Chris
Kevin McCreary said:
. It wont shut off because

it ran out of water or its full or some silly sensor or float says to shut down. Then when Im done I can reel up 350 feet of

vac line with my power reel. I love it and the fact that I save 30 dollars a day in fuel X 25 days a month covers the payment

and insurance!

Let's see some pics Kev, me thinks you must have that hose reel mounted on the roof!

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley
Chris Adkins said:
Let's see some pics Kev, me thinks you must have that hose reel mounted on the roof!
DSCN2120.jpg

DSCN2125.jpg

DSCN2122.jpg

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley
hogjowl said:
Those exhaust pipes don't line up in the middle of the holes.

That would drive me crazy.

That's been fixed, Porky.

Face plates are now completely screen printed and clear- coated as well. (So you can tell what everthang's for and wipe people's dirty paw prints off'n it.)

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
Duane, is that an oil fired heater discharging straight up into the van's interior? Seems like everything inside would smell of fuel.

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley
dgardner said:
Duane, is that an oil fired heater discharging straight up into the van's interior? Seems like everything inside would smell of fuel.

Yeah, I know it seems that way. But it doesn't. It's wired so that the fan and ignitor stay on whenever the heater is on. And only the fuel pump comes on and off. As a result, anything fuel- wise that enters the combustion chamber is atomized without delay.

In addition, the nozzle size is smaller than usual, but the pressure is way up, so it atomizes more than typical for an oil- fired system and burns super- clean.

Of course, any diesel / kero actually spilled in the van is another thing entirely. And that does happen from time to time in the normal course of events.

Name
Kevin McCreary
hogjowl said:

They look sweet now with the chrome tips I put on them.

I also moved the filter box over to the drivers side in between the wheel

well and the machine with the ports firing out the drivers side sliding door

then I ran 2, 2 inch hoses around the machine behind the drivers and shotgun seat

and bolted a custom manifold on the side of the machine with cool cuff starters and

a rubber stopper on a chain. It makes it so so easy to pull the basket out on the drivers

side sliding door to clean, and it also saves floor space and uses "wasted" floor space.

I will take some pics this week. I also store my rake and turbo spinner on the ceiling.

I carry 2 TI wands, two prochem upholstery tools, a turbo vac, a 2 gallon pump up sprayer, A rake, grout brush,

a turbo, a 2 inch greenhorn stair tool, a 7 quart hydroforce, blocks, tabs, a 5 gallon rinse jug, a small

water softener, 6 gallons of chems on a stainless shelf, 4 quarts of chems, 3 trigger sprayers,1 mover blanket, towels,

an Air Path, give away spotters, hose hooks, brushes and a bucket, misc "stupid stuff", tool box, jumper cables

300 feet of 2 inch vac line on an auto reel, 300 feet of solution hose on a reel,

450 feet of 3/8 supply "garden hose" on a live reel and twenty feet of apo discharge hose on a hook.

All of it is neatly organized and we can reach it all with out having to climb in or move one thing to get to another.

It also has a full size spare and a 8 gallon custom aluminum Kerosene tank mounted under the truck.

Oh, also a driver and a passenger, a touchscreen pioneer gps bluetooth phone sync,Back up cam, 500gb hard drive full of tunes.

Then like the vortex there is a huge shelf above the windshield where the visors are where we store a laptop w/

air card a wireless bluetooth mobile printer, roto tape, tons of meters, literature, pens,magnets, business cards etc.

There is no room for fresh water "which defeats the purpose anyway", or a 175 scrubber. I can fit in a

roto vac but its a PITA. Most of the carpets we clean aren't to dirty. There is also storage under the seats and machine for stuff.

All with a 25mpg 4 cylinder that red lines at 8 grand drives like a car, whips u turns better than a pimp, is quiet,

front wheel drive "good in the snow!", fits it the tightest driveways, easy to back up, and goes 90 on the highway.

Low overhead clearance.No need for special G.V.W., plates, U.S. D.O.T. numbers, just a regular car plate = cheap taxes.

All of this stuff and it still weighs in 450 lbs under its maximum payload and the seats still recline a bit!

The most fun carpet van I have ever drove or worked out of, and I have had 16 different ones over the years.

Oh And the Roots 47 dsl and the 300 degree heat isn't too shabby either. (not joking about 300 degree heat, not necessary but available)

It doesn't rattle much more than a butler system would either.

Name
Kevin McCreary
Duane Oxley said:
dgardner said:

Yeah, I know it seems that way. But it doesn't. It's wired so that the fan and ignitor stay on whenever the heater is on. And only the fuel pump comes on and off. As a result, anything fuel- wise that enters the combustion chamber is atomized without delay.

In addition, the nozzle size is smaller than usual, but the pressure is way up, so it atomizes more than typical for an oil- fired system and burns super- clean.

Of course, any diesel / kero actually spilled in the van is another thing entirely. And that does happen from time to time in the normal course of events.

I exhausted it through the roof any way to cut down on the interior heat in the summer.

G

Kevin McCreary said:
hogjowl said:

They look sweet now with the chrome tips I put on them.

I also moved the filter box over to the drivers side in between the wheel

well and the machine with the ports firing out the drivers side sliding door

then I ran 2, 2 inch hoses around the machine behind the drivers and shotgun seat

and bolted a custom manifold on the side of the machine with cool cuff starters and

a rubber stopper on a chain. It makes it so so easy to pull the basket out on the drivers

side sliding door to clean, and it also saves floor space and uses "wasted" floor space.

I will take some pics this week. I also store my rake and turbo spinner on the ceiling.

I carry 2 TI wands, two prochem upholstery tools, a turbo vac, a 2 gallon pump up sprayer, A rake, grout brush,

a turbo, a 2 inch greenhorn stair tool, a 7 quart hydroforce, blocks, tabs, a 5 gallon rinse jug, a small

water softener, 6 gallons of chems on a stainless shelf, 4 quarts of chems, 3 trigger sprayers,1 mover blanket, towels,

an Air Path, give away spotters, hose hooks, brushes and a bucket, misc "stupid stuff", tool box, jumper cables

300 feet of 2 inch vac line on an auto reel, 300 feet of solution hose on a reel,

450 feet of 3/8 supply "garden hose" on a live reel and twenty feet of apo discharge hose on a hook.

All of it is neatly organized and we can reach it all with out having to climb in or move one thing to get to another.

It also has a full size spare and a 8 gallon custom aluminum Kerosene tank mounted under the truck.

Oh, also a driver and a passenger, a touchscreen pioneer gps bluetooth phone sync,Back up cam, 500gb hard drive full of tunes.

Then like the vortex there is a huge shelf above the windshield where the visors are where we store a laptop w/

air card a wireless bluetooth mobile printer, roto tape, tons of meters, literature, pens,magnets, business cards etc.

There is no room for fresh water "which defeats the purpose anyway", or a 175 scrubber. I can fit in a

roto vac but its a PITA. Most of the carpets we clean aren't to dirty. There is also storage under the seats and machine for stuff.

All with a 25mpg 4 cylinder that red lines at 8 grand drives like a car, whips u turns better than a pimp, is quiet,

front wheel drive "good in the snow!", fits it the tightest driveways, easy to back up, and goes 90 on the highway.

Low overhead clearance.No need for special G.V.W., plates, U.S. D.O.T. numbers, just a regular car plate = cheap taxes.

All of this stuff and it still weighs in 450 lbs under its maximum payload and the seats still recline a bit!

The most fun carpet van I have ever drove or worked out of, and I have had 16 different ones over the years.

Oh And the Roots 47 dsl and the 300 degree heat isn't too shabby either. (not joking about 300 degree heat, not necessary but available)

It doesn't rattle much more than a butler system would either.

Geezus, that is a good sales pitch for someone looking at a new vehice.

Name
Kevin McCreary
It is a Pretty fugly looking ride though, it grows on you and it was cheap!

I only have about 35K into the whole thing. (Van,Machine,electronics,reels,,fuel tanks, shelving.)

I'm thinking about getting a custom Euro licenst plate for the front bumper.

That says something about carpet cleaning. Any Ideas? anyone?

ford_connect_express.jpg

Wait until this van replaces the E-150 and E-250 This thing is cool and should be here with a a Volvo Diesel in 2014 or so.

It has more cargo room and G.V.W.'s. Its The Transit Jumbo!!

vans.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom