Single side business card

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Its time to get new cards and we are going to a single side nothing on the back this time, they want it blank so the can write on the back.

Besides the typo in the spelling of Lawrence the second time, is there anything you would change or add to improve it?

PhilipsbusinesscardsDan_zpsf92a1dee.jpg

Reactions: Total_Rookie

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
All lower caps for your website.

Other than that, you have the S.S.O.A.

( Shortwun's Seal Of Approval ).

:yoda:

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
Besides the typo in the spelling of Lawrence the second time, is there anything you would change or add to improve it?

Yea... Use the back!!!

Phone number and website on both sides! Mine/ours have residential on one side, commercial on back.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Dan is concerned that if you put too much on the back it will confuse the person as to which side is the front. Remember we deal with insurance adjusters......:winky:

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
Dan is concerned that if you put too much on the back it will confuse the person as to which side is the front.

Does he eat the front of an apple first? :icon_rolleyes: Just tell him, BOTH SIDES ARE THE FRONT!

How about that beat down in Pitt. Sunday night!? Pretty nuts.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Gawwd I thought we were sunk when it got to three points. We couldn't stop them. Bennett's catch was amazing and then Peppers was icing on the cake. 3-0 going into Detroit, if we can beat them we will have a 2-game lead in the Central. :icon_cool:

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
Richard, if you need to go to the second side, keep it white so that the techs can still write on it but add the info along the bottom.

I did that with one of my cards, just the business tag line in a soft grey. But you could do the same with your history line and still put the QR code in the corner if you want.

John

D39E44C1-14CA-4300-BA7D-773AE593356B-1446-0000017C4071D0F9_zpsc16c06e0.jpg

50B1ED16-DB2B-4C6A-B2D4-4C16A1D60C07-1446-0000017CAE4E2E73_zpsed0dd34f.jpg

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I like that John. I did tried that on him too but he said he doesn't use the back that often. That guy slows all my projects up......brothers. Ever notice that "bother" is only 1-letter from" brother"? :shifty:

Brian H

Name
Brian H
It struck me as a little busy with all those phone numbers. How about losing the local numbers and just use the 800 number?

And could you use a small "and" instead of the "|" between the address? For me the vertical line almost looked like part of an address.

Just my impression...

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I agree it is busy I suppose we could shift some stuff to the back. Dan wanted as little on the back as possible, so there was no front back confusion.

Really the 800 # number isn't as important since we have such a small service area. We could move the 800# to the back.

I also agree that bar looked like an "I" or and "L" so we went to bullet points.

billyeadon

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Yeadon
I agree it is busy I suppose we could shift some stuff to the back. Dan wanted as little on the back as possible, so there was no front back confusion.

Really the 800 # number isn't as important since we have such a small service area. We could move the 800# to the back.

I also agree that bar looked like an "I" or and "L" so we went to bullet points.

I agree with Brian. Way too much clutter. If you are using the 800# you don't need the 1 in front of it. If you only have one area code why put it in there. Unless people come to your office frequently you don't need you address.

I am impressed with Dan's IICRC number and I am sure all of us who are certified are impressed (after all #Lincoln was 284) but no one else cares. Get rid of that and place his picture on the card in the room that is available. Seeing a picture begins the trust process which is critical in restoration.

You guys have been around a long time. Somewhere on that card you should state "Restoring homes and memories since 19--"

OK I'm done.

Gee I sound like Toburen, but he is in the Grand Canyon somewhere so someone has to be cranky.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Pictures are often good.

However, a cleaner should condition his judgment by first having a woman give him her permission.

Not many of us are camera ready.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Thanks for the advice Bill. I'm #286 I don't know how he got ahead of me.

Yes we get a lot of walk in traffic, rugs, cushions, adjusters and homeowner also stop in to view their contents.

I'll pass your comments over to big D

Thanks

Ivan Turner

Supportive Member
Name
Ivan Turner
Nice Richard. The only change I might suggest, would be to notify on the card that you offer 24 hour service, with the exception of Chavez Siesta between 2 - 4 p.m.

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Its time to get new cards and we are going to a single side nothing on the back this time, they want it blank so the can write on the back.

PhilipsbusinesscardsDan_zpsf92a1dee.jpg

Yes, i liked it so much i had phillip rip it off :p.

But on the back we put lines to set up an appointment day,time, notes etc.
I posted here somewhere.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
I agree with Brian. Way too much clutter. If you are using the 800# you don't need the 1 in front of it. If you only have one area code why put it in there. Unless people come to your office frequently you don't need you address.

I am impressed with Dan's IICRC number and I am sure all of us who are certified are impressed (after all #Lincoln was 284) but no one else cares. Get rid of that and place his picture on the card in the room that is available. Seeing a picture begins the trust process which is critical in restoration.

You guys have been around a long time. Somewhere on that card you should state "Restoring homes and memories since 19--"

OK I'm done.

Gee I sound like Toburen, but he is in the Grand Canyon somewhere so someone has to be cranky.
Richard,

Bill is too modest to mention he just put up his 16 Rules For Better Business Cards on the SFS site. I think at the very least you are breaking #9...

9. If you use a second color do so sparingly. Use the same basic logo design elements for your letterheads and envelopes.

Richard, I know you very cunningly use this board as your unpaid brain trust! :) BUT few of us stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night and none of us are professional graphic designers. So should you consider #15?

15. PLEASE get professional help/advice. This is a favorite pet peeve for Steve and me. Professional carpet cleaners look down on “do-it-yourself-homeowners” and then what do we do with marketing decisions that have MUCH more impact on our financial future than a crummy job cleaning our living room carpet? WE try to hack it out ourselves! (And trust me- it looks this way to your customer!) The internet offers so many options for inexpensive, professional graphics design work.

Tell Big Dan I said he doesn't deserve you.

Steve

PS I like Shane's idea on putting some lines on the back which will give Dan the opportunity to write his personal cell number in front of his prospect which is a big positive Moment of Truth.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: hogjowl

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
You? I'd have to actually work for a living.........lets hope it never comes to that! :smile:

Actually I'm busy "Re-arranging the deck chairs on the Titanic" as Chuck Violand would say. :eekk:

:winky:

Last edited by a moderator:

kingjoelking

Supportive Member
Why dont you print the front of the card in landscape like it is and then on the back do the printing in Portrait. That would prevent the front back confusion.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom