Single wanding Vortex owners...

Mikey P

Administrator
What the heck is the matter with you goofs?

da2d6768.jpg

Wam, bam, thank you both Mams!

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
Did you find a helper or do you just talk the customers in to doing the work themselves?
Hose looks a little rough on the gutters.

Mikey P said:

da2d6768.jpg

Thats great. How many people were on that job? I think cleaning time is much faster having a person vac, prespray, and move and block furniture while another person runs the wand. So you must have had three people on that job, or did you not move furniture? Just trying to learn all I can.

Mikey P

Administrator
I vacuumed both condos while my senior technician brought the hose up and lowered them down. I did the pre spraying while he continued to set up then we each rinsed a unit.

I packed up while he tabbed and groomed.

Mikey P

Administrator
We had to walk all the way around that building (no garage entry) so it was a huge time waster already. It took two hours to get those completed. Single wanding would have added an hour at least. if a cleaner was by himself, add another 1/5 on top of that easily.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Mikey P said:
We had to walk all the way around that building (no garage entry) so it was a huge time waster already. It took two hours to get those completed. Single wanding would have added an hour at least. if a cleaner was by himself, add another 1/5 on top of that easily.

is that including the time to take the pic and pick your nose?

..L.T.A.

Walt

With my V, they would have called the cops or started a lynch mob. No way they would have put up with the noise and vibration on high in a town home setting.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Nothing special about that townhome so why would they complain about noise during normal daylight working hours?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Mikey P said:

da2d6768.jpg

You could have used a single wand with a rig half the price and went into one window, out the front door and into the other unit.

The other rig that you could have bought with the extra money could have been accross town making and extra few hundred doing that job.
That extra hour you talk about with the single wand would have been worth the second truck making the extra money.

It's not ego Mr. Mikey....it's numbers.

When will they learn?

Brian Robison said:
[quote="Mikey P":1xcnvkk9]What the heck is the matter with you goofs?

da2d6768.jpg

You could have used a single wand with a rig half the price and went into one window, out the front door and into the other unit.

The other rig that you could have bought with the extra money could have been accross town making and extra few hundred doing that job.
That extra hour you talk about with the single wand would have been worth the second truck making the extra money.

It's not ego Mr. Mikey....it's numbers.

When will they learn?[/quote:1xcnvkk9]

Brian,

When you ran you Vortex with a crew member what where your numbers.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I don't need to run a McDonalds restaurant to know their numbers are better than mine.
Nice try though.

Mikey P

Administrator
Mary needs as many trucks on the road as possible so he can get his fiddy so I see HIS point.

If he were not so afraid to break a glued on nail and actually worked for a living he too want want a chimp and a V.

and another truck with a soloist across town.

Askal

RIP
Name
Al
One man crews here. People are more valuable than a truck if you have quality people. Add up the extra non-productive time in a day for the extra person and you will be surprised.

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
Dual wanding jobs is the only way to go, unless the job is super small.

I have been dual wanding for 17 years.

hogjowl

Idiot™
I'm still working into dual wanding residential jobs. I've had my V now for a year, but have only had a helper for about 2 months. Of course, in large commercial cleaning, it's a no brainer, but with residential it's not always so apparent how dual wanding will help, or should be done.

With big two story houses, it works out fine for me, but with single story houses, I'm still finding myself getting in the way of my helper, or visa versa. Seems to me having him prespraying and blocking is better time spent.

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
Until you have spent time doing the dual wand thing, you can only image dual wanding, and how it can boost your production rates.

Walt

admiralclean said:
I'm still working into dual wanding residential jobs. I've had my V now for a year, but have only had a helper for about 2 months. Of course, in large commercial cleaning, it's a no brainer, but with residential it's not always so apparent how dual wanding will help, or should be done.

With big two story houses, it works out fine for me, but with single story houses, I'm still finding myself getting in the way of my helper, or visa versa. Seems to me having him prespraying and blocking is better time spent.

That's been my experience too. Big two story homes and commercial are a snap but otherwise we keep bumping into each other. ("Okay, who's got the red vanish?" "Are you going to scrub the office?" "Great two sets of hoses running through the front door and she want's me to move the truck.)

And with 6 months of rain it's hasn't panned out as well as I'd have hoped. Nothing like having 400 feet of wet hose on a dirty driveway trying to roll it up in the rain. Even on commercial, I like to split up the work where one person is encapping the easy areas and two others are working together single wanding.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Shawn York said:
We can do it here or I can revive "If you think HWE is not steam cleaning" for Larry again. Just let me know which would be better for ratings Mikey. :lol:

ScooterMortonAndBillyBob.jpg

Yeah but how many miles do the 1100 hrs equate to???...why is that counted into the equation???

admiralclean said:

Why is that no surprise ? Marty the guy that was going OP only.

Walt said:
admiralclean said:

That's been my experience too. Big two story homes and commercial are a snap but otherwise we keep bumping into each other. ("Okay, who's got the red vanish?" "Are you going to scrub the office?" "Great two sets of hoses running through the front door and she want's me to move the truck.)

And with 6 months of rain it's hasn't panned out as well as I'd have hoped. Nothing like having 400 feet of wet hose on a dirty driveway trying to roll it up in the rain. Even on commercial, I like to split up the work where one person is encapping the easy areas and two others are working together single wanding.

Walt, you just made a good point. What do you do if you are completely set up working upstairs and the customer asks you to move your truck? I would tell the customer to either wait or be charged for a set-up fee. I have always moved the truck in the past, but I will no longer do it. The customer should have enough common sense to move before you get there and I tell them to be prepared by having all vehicles moved before I arrive.

Mikey P

Administrator
45bbf830.jpg

Today..
The wand to the right did a large 2 inch thick white shag and a bed rm and hall for $340 while the wand and hand tool on the left did a sofa, chair and fr for $330.

In less then 2 hours :)

Mikey P said:
45bbf830.jpg

Today..
The wand to the right did a large 2 inch thing white shag and a bed rm and hall for $340 while the wand and hand tool on the left did a sofa, chair and fr for $330.

In less then 2 hours :)

I am jealous. You do realize you could never operate a truck like that in Memphis TN. The stuff hanging on the doors would get wet or everything in your truck would get stolen. Memphis has a lot of nice upscale areas, but I wouldn't run a truck like that parked on the street with the doors open.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Mikey P said:
Mary needs as many trucks on the road as possible so he can get his fiddy so I see HIS point.

If he were not so afraid to break a glued on nail and actually worked for a living he too want want a chimp and a V.

and another truck with a soloist across town.

Work smart, work hard.
You probably think that Donald Trump doesn't work for a living either.

How's that V payment?

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
I must be losing it Mikey. I thought you were talking about not having a helper just a few months ago. I don't know how you can charge those prices. NOBODY around here is gonna pay those prices and I wouldn't expect them to.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom