Sisal area rug question

Name
R.J. Povio
I went to a custys house yesterday. They called a year ago when someone spilled some cranberry sauce on their SISAL area rug. We told them to use a vinegar and water combination on it. The cranberry stain came out, but the vinegar and water mixture left a water ring. What if anything can be done to try to correct the water ring?

Also in another room (this room of carpet is wool) the housekeeper over watered a plant. The plant was in a wicker pot which the brownish/red wicker finish transfered on to the wool carpet. I sprayed some browning treatment on it hoping it was a water stain....no luck. Its a furniture stain. I did not have the 3 part Stain Magic for wool on the truck. Should I go back and try the 3 part Stain Magic? I am not using any heat. I do not want to make this worse or my fault. Thank you.

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
Personally, I wouldn't touch that sisal rug. As for the wool, try stain magic for wool or maybe some reducer.

James Cooper

Name
James Cooper
Just had a sisal I cleaned , dog threw up, woman spot cleaned, big water ring left over. Tookit to the shop , put it in the pit, poured in some World of Clean Pro Rinse and let it soak over night. Extracted, put a dehumidifier on it and 2 fans. Dried out perfect - EXCEPT where I placed the dehue - the weight of it made underneath dry slower , made a spot . So I repeated and this time had the dehue on an extension ladder across the pit , only to have the cords touch the sisal and make a line.

The third time was a charm. Word of caution , let the homeowner know the sisal may be a shade darker than before on completion. Otherwise , it should be correctable. On the plant stain however, it a crap shoot.

Back
Top Bottom