Skunk odor up my dog's nose

Mikey P

Administrator
she got a full blast of pepe le pew up her schnoz well over a month ago and with every exhale we can still smell ol' skunky..

Anyone else ever go through this?

Will it ever go away?

any ideas?

Cant imagine forcing the peroxide, baking soda, dish soap concoction up her nostrils..

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
Poor baby!!!

I don't think there is much you can do but wait it out if it is truly inside her nose/lungs.

Take care,
Lisa

SamIam

Name
sam miller
the dog gets a mask or You get one for Yourself. and no doggies in bed tell it goes away.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Twice, Mike.
Once in TX and once in here in CA.
My wife who has the nose of a hound, swears that the tomato juice and shampoo, multiple washes with both, works the best.

Doesn't go all away, that takes a while. However it is a great improvement. Depending on how good your, or your wife sense of smell is.

Sorry, just noticed that you are talking about coming from her lungs. Lisa is right.

Last edited:

Studebaker

Name
Studebaker
Walter, my wirehair fox terrier got nailed about 30 years ago. The tomato juice worked. Up the nose... I have no idea. Seems like your vet would know.

steve_64

i cant imagine there not being something you could put in the water dish that would help ease the odor over a few days. something that would easily become airborne as they lap up the water and inhale in small doses. maybe if your dog would drink tomato juice lol. or maybe an ozone machine near where the pooch sleeps. just brain storming here.

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
However on the upside, Dogs that get hit that directly usually never get hit again.

steve_64

maybe a little menthol under the poochs nose? some vicks vapor rub or something lol.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom