Skunk odor

Askal

RIP
Name
Al
Has anyone here had PERSONAL experience using the baking soda, Hydrogen peroxide, and soap solution for skunk odor? We have a very large job that is about 1700 sf of crawlspace plus the inside of the house. We are removing insulation, sealing the under structure, removing contaminated soil and vapor barrier. We have used 9d9 for skunk odor in the home but this is for the dirt and framing in crawlspace.
Thanks Al

Askal

RIP
Name
Al
Formula for deodorizing a skunk sprayed item:
1 cup of 3% hydrogen peroxide
1 tbsp. baking soda
and 1/4 tsp. liquid soap.
Do NOT put a lid on this, it will build pressure and blow up.

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
Several years ago a skunk got in the yard and sprayed our old husky and shepherd mix who came tearing into the house, freshly sprayed. I used it on the dogs, carpets, and everything else that the skunk odor touched. It worked very, very well, except that the husky, who was sprayed the worst, had a slight lingering odor on her head for about a week after, but you could only smell it if you were up close, within a foot of her head.

Take care,
Lisa

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
No actual "use" experience but have given that formula to many homeowners with a skunk problem.

I'm fairly sure it works, we've had several call backs thanking us for the information.

You will need to use it after mixing as it doesn't have a shelf life.

Captain Morgan

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Morgan
My Boxer got nailed twice by a skunk in a months time. I didn't have the recipe mentioned here for the first couple days the first time she got sprayed.... it was BAD! I tried tomato juice, garlic... all I had was a garlicly smelling skunk mutt. The whole house stunk... awful!

I tried the recipe on her and it knocked down the smell 90% instantly. Gave her another bath a few days later because of the issue Lisa mentioned and that seemed to take care of the rest. It was hard to wash her face without getting the stuff in her eyes so that's why her head still had some lingering issues.

The second time she got sprayed, she went straight to the tub, scrubbed her up, let her sit with it for about 10-15 minutes... 99.8% gone!!

In my book.. it works!! Like Richard said.. you have to use it all up or it goes to waste and it will foam up so don't seal it closed with a cover, leave a weep hole to air pressure to escape.
Bill

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Askal;

You will need a stronger solution for the crawl space.

I would use our Powder Brightener (percarbonate) mixed about 4 to 1, with about 1% prespray.

Mix in open container.

Spray the structure and soil throughly.

Larry

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
The season for contact with skunk is approaching fast. It can be anywhere from early March to late May depending upon the climate where you live.

Like Richard, I have given that to several folks who thanked me for the help. I only used it once myself. It did a good job on a crawl space. The mix can be difficult to spray with some sprayers and can leave a resoiling residue on many surfaces. So I wouldn't use it on carpet unless it was followed by a through clean and rinse.

Hydrocide Xtreme works on surfaces where I would spray dish soap - carpet, upholstery, etc. Vaportech is also effective without the hazards of ozone.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom