slimey soapy residue in carpet

Mikey P

Administrator
vacation rental

renters did some spot cleaning with god now what but 5+ cleanings later there is still a residue that slowly comes back up and attracts dirt.
We have waterclawed them over and over with defoamer and acid rinses but no go.

Off white fibers turn more white-ish when wanded..

got me stumped on what to do next.

Bob Foster

Brian R said:

Yeah, thats it Mike. Puts some encap on it (which is actually only just carpenters glue diluted with water) and smear it around with and OP machine. That should work....
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
we pulled a carpet up like that once and took a look and it had white cakes of residue on the back of the carpet. i doubt water clawing would of removed it. we rinsed front and back after vacuuming out the clumps.

gene

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Bob Foster said:
[quote="Brian R":1yoxbpgg]OP

Yeah, thats it Mike. Puts some encap on it (which is actually only just carpenters glue diluted with water) and smear it around with and OP machine. That should work....
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:[/quote:1yoxbpgg]

See

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
I asked the same question a few weeks back. Nobody gave me a answer. Not even Googlewell took a shot at it. Its the New Oxy Resolve Spotter thats out. Stuff with NOT rinse out. Get use to it. Stuff is there to stay.

Golden Boy

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
Theres no telling what these people put on their floor. I had a wickback nightmare a while back. After my 3rd trip back out there the wife finally admitted to me she had been spotting using a bucket full of tide and water.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
You think that's bad...One of my customers called me back after 2 months because of spots coming back.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
Brian R said:
You think that's bad...One of my customers called me back after 2 months because of spots coming back.

Was that a joke or are you still trying to justify in your head why you didn't return to fix it ?

C'mon Mike just HOSS it out.

Connor

Name
Connor
Brian R said:

Well, I guess you don't have to worry about them being a customer anymore.

Name
Lee Stockwell
I had one room in a condo so bad that we removed the carpet to clean at the shop. 14x16 or so. Hung it over a steel cable and pressure washed it front and back, yielding fountains of poo. Reinstalled after it dryed. Turned out great.

No way it could have been cleaned in place. Mgt didn't want to replace the carpet because they couldn't get an exact match.

The stuff Waldo asked about is different, but may require similar technique to remove.

S

sam miller

Nasty I'vs seen a few section 8 take a spunge mop with dish soap to TFA's and wonder why it get so dirty afterwards??? DUH

I tell people all the time its easier to get dirt out then the wrong kind if soap!

I went back to a custy's one time where the previous company used a shampoo on the steps to remove shoe marks, everytime it foamed like mad everytime if grabbed dirt and showed and 5 times over a 3 month period I cleaned those spots for free.

I finally said sorry but this is all I can do, never heard from her again! good riddance!

Oh and by the way I heard a long time ago OMS kills soap ask Scott W or someone!

I just rinse with water or all fiber rinse

Maybe it was volitile solvent I dont remember.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Saturate the fibers with dry cleaning solvent or IPA 99% being careful not to put so much on it gets into backing much. Let sit a few minutes and rinse. Use air mover to quick dry and hve windows open to vent fumes.

FLYERMAN

Supportive Member
Name
Ken Raddon
When you say you used defoamer, how exactly did you "use" it? I have sprinkled the dry stuff on carpet before but never diluted the liquid and sprayed it on?

Who was it that used to say this is the perfect Scenario for Rinsemaster fro Chemister? That's what I would try next.

Back
Top Bottom