Slip and Fall

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Thankfully, I have liability insurance in place. However, I was cleaning the halls at a building I contract to when a tenant took a tumble stepping into the tiled elevator. She claimed to be OK , but later developed severe injuries :roll: Signs were up, and it was evident what I was doing so I'm not clear on where this is going, but CHECK YOUR INSURANCE POLICIES.

Brian will be along shortly to add something useless I'm sure...... :p !gotcha!

John Watson

Good thing they won't lrt me come back..or I would search u out... I can use a little extra money now I is retarded

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Thats more reason for me to print and sell my chamois walk off mats. I will print the companys name and logo and any info on the mat. I will send out samples once I get it rolling. You leave these behind on jobs at the slip points......tiled and hard surfaces that join with a cleaned carpet. (Kitchens, bathrooms, foyers, etc...) It keeps the custy safe and leaves a reusable chamois with your company name and number on it. And it's washable. They measure about 20x27 inches. I worry constantly about custys....'specially older folks and kids....about slipping and falling.

More later.....

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Is this the thread where someone thinks their liability ins will actually pay for injuries??

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Sometimes you're better off with no insurance. If you don't have anything they want and no deep pockets for them to loot, they might walk away.

Willy give me everyting you got so they won't sue you.....I'll give it back. :twisted:

Becker

Name
Becker
Willy P said:
IDGAS who eats the blame, I'm only liable for the first $1000 (deductible).

Yeah. Then premium increases or the insurance dropping you all together.

Hope no claim is filed and all ends well.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Willy, do you really think that her "attorney" will be satisfied with what the insurance company will give up is she is truly "injured"?

You're saving grace is most attorneys will settle...But some won't.

If she's faking it...Then she'll maybe try to get a few thousand and go away.

When I was injured....Truly injured. I got my med bills paid for and a check for $1000. That was it.

The injury will never really go away without surgery...Even then who knows.

BUT I wasn't super greedy. I could have taken that company to the bank. Bread truck rear ended me. I just wanted to get better and not eat up my own insurance.

Sometimes I think back thought maybe I should have. lol Because my back will twinge every now and again and keep me from whatever.
Oh well.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
RichC said:
Robert how much will they sell for?

Not sure yet....I'm still working with the wholesaler of which there is really only one in the US that has the German chamois. Since I already have the screenprint equipment, it's simple to make a full size screen (one color) of your logo and any info you might want in a 11x17 area. Great leave behind item for your custy, and they can wash and reuse them as a chamois. They are bright yellow/orange for visibility.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
LOL

You upload the pictures to Photobucket. Once the files are saved there it generates a code you can copy and paste here. The code for this board is IMG, for ICS it is HTML.

Sounds harder than it is, Photobucket walks you through.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Brian R said:
Willy, do you really think that her "attorney" will be satisfied with what the insurance company will give up is she is truly "injured"?

You're saving grace is most attorneys will settle...But some won't.

If she's faking it...Then she'll maybe try to get a few thousand and go away.

When I was injured....Truly injured. I got my med bills paid for and a check for $1000. That was it.

The injury will never really go away without surgery...Even then who knows.

BUT I wasn't super greedy. I could have taken that company to the bank. Bread truck rear ended me. I just wanted to get better and not eat up my own insurance.

Sometimes I think back thought maybe I should have. lol Because my back will twinge every now and again and keep me from whatever.
Oh well.

I spoke to my insurance guy - if she comes after me, she has to sue. The insurance company will cover all my costs, minus $1000 deductible up to 2 million. That includes lawyers, investigations and any settlement reached. There is no limits placed on Canadian healthcare, hence no associated costs, and any agreed to or court imposed settlement is binding into perpetuity. There were signs all over the place and seeing me working in the area, it's doubtful she'd find a lawyer to take it on. The property management company still loves me and is behind me 100% as this person is a problem tenant.

Dmreed4311

Supportive Member
Name
David Reed
Iam going through something similar I was cleaning in an empty apartment that shares a common hall way with 3 other apartments and after I left the guy down stairs came out of his aprtment and claimed he slipped on the wet tile in the common area, only problem was that there was no water there when I left.
I always do a safety check on my way out. He is suing me for 150k and the funny thing is in the pictures he has the tile is soaking wet and full of suds like a kids bath water. Clearly he has staged this but my insurance is going to settle anyways. My insurance guy told me this guy settled with Burlington Coat Factory in 2009 for 25k for a slip and fall as well. He will get money from my insurance company and it sucks!!! I did nothing wrong yet this scumbag will get money.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Nevermind....I forgot about the Canada thing....I consider myself not knowing what the hell I was talking about. :oops:

There's a first time for everything. :lol:

Askal

RIP
Name
Al
I had someone threaten to sue me once for a few thousand and it was BS. I told him I would not give him the name of my ins. company and he would have to sue me directly. He gave up.
Al

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
He will get money from my insurance company and it sucks!!! I did nothing wrong yet this scumbag will get money.
It's not right, but your insurance company just looks what it would cost them to fight it and will save by paying him to go away. You take the hit and your insurance will go up even though you did nothing wrong. Sucks, could happen to any of us over nothing.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
RichC said:
LOL

You upload the pictures to Photobucket. Once the files are saved there it generates a code you can copy and paste here. The code for this board is IMG, for ICS it is HTML.

Sounds harder than it is, Photobucket walks you through.

K

Back
Top Bottom